University of Colorado at Denver, ISP 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental Sculptor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Lets start the thread who are applying for ISP program starting in Jan 2013. Please share the interview invitations and anything related to this program.

I greatly appreciate everyone who help in this regard.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I Havent send my papers yet..will do it in a week...will update as and when things happen...good luck ...:)

Hi All,
Lets start the thread who are applying for ISP program starting in Jan 2013. Please share the interview invitations and anything related to this program.

I greatly appreciate everyone who help in this regard.

Thanks

hey same here...about to send papers in a week...what are your stats??

Members don't see this ad :)
hi dental sculptor and nbdeaspirant 1...
how are you guys preparing for bench exam??

Raghav4:
We would like to send the application as I am a re-applicant and I haven't even received any interview in the previous cycle. So as of now I am trying to improve TOEFL score. I am not able to score beyond 100. Difficult. I would send it shortly probably in a month.

Raghav4:
We would like to send the application as I am a re-applicant and I haven't even received any interview in the previous cycle. So as of now I am trying to improve TOEFL score. I am not able to score beyond 100. Difficult. I would send it shortly probably in a month.

Last edited:
hi raghav4,
i'm interested in your TOEFL reviewers, can you share it with me too..my email address is [email protected], pls. email me.thnakz

Hey
I was very curious to know that at what time of the year does this program interview people.

i'll finsih this application thing in a week or 2...n then we can figure it out as to how to practice for the bench test..

hi dental sculptor and nbdeaspirant 1...
how are you guys preparing for bench exam??

hey...
do let me know if you need any material for TOEFL...I have tons of it and i dont mind sharing with you..tc

Raghav4:

Thanks for the concern. I have tried 5 times. But still I am lying there below 100. I hope one day I will be above 100. I am eligible for this univ so not a problem. By the way how much is your TOEFL score

Raghav4:

Thanks for the concern. I have tried 5 times. But still I am lying there below 100. I hope one day I will be above 100. I am eligible for this univ so not a problem. By the way how much is your TOEFL score
no problem...mine is 1**...but had same problem...but then i jus got it..so dont worry and keep working hard for it..you will get t..

Last edited:
does anyone know wht kind of stats does this university prefer.... i mean do they take ppl with lower scores.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone tried to fill in the paper application...the pdf just doesn't allow me to type...if anyone was able to do it...let me know ...

has anyone tried to fill in the paper application...the pdf just doesn't allow me to type...if anyone was able to do it...let me know ...

hey those PDFs sometimes dont work...so what you can do is just get a print and fill it hand written..i hope that helps..i dont know it exactly since i have applied thru CAAPID..:)

Thank u ... Will try once again if the PDF works... Or else will write it... :)

hey those PDFs sometimes dont work...so what you can do is just get a print and fill it hand written..i hope that helps..i dont know it exactly since i have applied thru CAAPID..:)

I have a question regarding NBDE score report. Do we have to send it along with other supplemental application or order it directly from ADA. I saw two different things on their website. Any info will be appreciated.

i am a bit confused here.can anyone let me know if i have to send all the below documents.
because i have already applied through CAAPID.
does it mean i dont have to send any of these documents or fee if i have applied through CAAPID..?

Details from the site:
**THIS APPLICATION/CHECKLIST ONLY APPLIES TO THOSE WHO ARE BYPASSING CAAPID AND IS SUBMITING
APPLICATION DIRECTLY TO SCHOOL OF DENTAL MEDICINE.

COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM
PERSONAL STATEMENT
DENTAL EXPERIENCE
OFFICIAL COURSE-BY-COURSE EVLAUATIONS
DENTAL DEGREE
NATIONAL BOARD DENTAL EXAMINATION- PART I
TOEFL
THREE LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATIONS
application fee of $225

Please advise

I have a question regarding NBDE score report. Do we have to send it along with other supplemental application or order it directly from ADA. I saw two different things on their website. Any info will be appreciated.

the email which i got from university says that we are not suppose to send any document to university directly from ADA or ETS..be it part 1, TOEFL or ECE...it should be in one envelope...

Last edited:
i am a bit confused here.can anyone let me know if i have to send all the below documents.
because i have already applied through CAAPID.
does it mean i dont have to send any of these documents or fee if i have applied through CAAPID..?

Details from the site:
**THIS APPLICATION/CHECKLIST ONLY APPLIES TO THOSE WHO ARE BYPASSING CAAPID AND IS SUBMITING
APPLICATION DIRECTLY TO SCHOOL OF DENTAL MEDICINE.

COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM
PERSONAL STATEMENT
DENTAL EXPERIENCE
OFFICIAL COURSE-BY-COURSE EVLAUATIONS
DENTAL DEGREE
NATIONAL BOARD DENTAL EXAMINATION- PART I
TOEFL
THREE LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATIONS
application fee of $225

Please advise

if you have applied through CAAPID you should get an email from university about what all documents you have to submit...you just have to submit, part 1 and 2, TOEFL, RESUME or personal statement, notarized copy of dental degree...hope this one helps...

Ragha4,

Thank you for the reply.i just applied through caapid last week..did not get a confirmation from the college yet.... so no need to pay $225 app fee again..?

the email which i got from university says that we are not suppose to send any document to university directly from ADA or ETS..be it part 1, TOEFL or ECE...it should be in one envelope...

Thanks Raghav for the feedback.

Ragha4,

Thank you for the reply.i just applied through caapid last week..did not get a confirmation from the college yet.... so no need to pay $225 app fee again..?

no..you dont have to pay $225 now....it takes around 10 to 12 business days for CAAPID to send your application to university...so after the university receives your stuff from CAAPID they will take couple of weeks to reply...so have patience...:)...good luck..

Letters must be less than 12 months old at the time it is received

If the letter is older than 12 months,they wont consider our application or what?

My LOR's r already an year and half old... Pls give some suggestions? thank you...

Application fees is $225 rt?

Last edited:
Letters must be less than 12 months old at the time it is received

If the letter is older than 12 months,they wont consider our application or what?

My LOR's r already an year and half old... Pls give some suggestions? thank you...

Application fees is $225 rt?
no..they wont consider the old letters....you can put new dates and get them back from your professors!!!if you are applying by CAAPID you dont have to pay $225.....

hi ,,,,i will want to apply in ucdenever ,,but i am confused about lor letter ,,can i send new lor (within 12 months) to caapid or send direct to dental school ...or will i pay caapid fees and dental school fees 225 $ both? please give me guidance .....thanks in advance

no..you dont have to pay $225 now....it takes around 10 to 12 business days for CAAPID to send your application to university...so after the university receives your stuff from CAAPID they will take couple of weeks to reply...so have patience...:)...good luck..
there is no $225 application fee at all. UOC is one of the very few schools that don't ask you for additional fees other than CAAPID.

there is no $225 application fee at all. UOC is one of the very few schools that don't ask you for additional fees other than CAAPID.
It depends on which option u chose:

-If u apply directly then u will pay 225$

-If u apply through caapid then u don't have to send money for the bench exam until they invite u, then they will ask u to send them the money

I hope that cleared everything

please can u help me about lor...
It depends on which option u chose:

-If u apply directly then u will pay 225$

-If u apply through caapid then u don't have to send money for the bench exam until they invite u, then they will ask u to send them the money

I hope that cleared everything

please can u help me about lor...

If u apply through caapid so u dont have to send the letters directly to the program unless u want to add or update.
If u apply directly then u have to send them all together with the package(check always their website for details)

How come I cannot get a hold of them? I have called & emailed several times and got no answer.:confused:

Hi ,

Does uoc requires ece copies send directly to them from ECE since I am not applying thru caapid.Can I send notorised copy?Someone pls help..

How come I cannot get a hold of them? I have called & emailed several times and got no answer.:confused:
hi, I applied in october through caapid but havent sent the supp app yet. i havent recieved any email from uoc for confirmation of my caapid application. should i call them to confirm my application before sendin the supp app. also should i send my resume with the supp application.?

hi, I applied in october through caapid but havent sent the supp app yet. i havent recieved any email from uoc for confirmation of my caapid application. should i call them to confirm my application before sendin the supp app. also should i send my resume with the supp application.?

I interviewed at Denver May 2011; Ms Miller usually won't send any updates until late Feb or early March... I think your CAAPID application should have been there so you should send the supplemental documents with resume ..... And once you think your whole application is complete you might either call or e-mail Ms Miller for application update.... Because due to heavy load of applications I don't think so she is gonna put an update right away... That's what I did...... Thanks !!!

hello my friends, by the way i am new to all these things and my question is to the colorado experts
i have 92 in part one and 97 in toefl
anyone of you can give me an estimation about the possibilities to be accepted in colorado
i mean do you know the average of the people that were accepted last year

hey friends...did any one of you started practising for bench test..??how are you all preparing for it??plz share...

I submit my CAAPID application already, the only thing left is sending in my TOEFL score.
Hello Bonzai101 can you please also send me the TOEFL review? [email protected]. Really appreciated.

hey guys, does anybody know what is the process of reapplication for colorado dental school?

I applied last year, got iv but unfortunately got rejection. what all things i need to send ? i tried to contact jane miller but no replies.

hi.. i am planning to apply to UOC...regarding the resume/sop... can i show it to the dentist i am observing and ask for his suggestions on improving my SOP... Iam not sure abt his input because he is above 60 yrs or shud i show it current dental student.

Do we need to resume with our supplemental application? Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

im not sure about UC denver but for other schools you'll need to submit all the documents again.

hey...
do let me know if you need any material for TOEFL...I have tons of it and i dont mind sharing with you..tc

pls can u send me the toefl material?? n any tips on studying...i need t score a 100 atleast...

dr. niki
Just keep practicing. Its not too difficult to score. Try timing yourself and practice as many papers as you can. Ask a friend to help out by preparing a set of questions and asking you impromptu. Time yourself and read as many articles as possible. And keep up the confidence before the test. all the best!!

hey...

Hey Buddy Could you please snd me some TOEFL material...I have my test on Friday and A couple of practice tests would really help me get a decent score. Tanks a lot!!!!:):):):):):):):)

hi do we need to send unsealed original or sealed original copy of toefl..i mailed them so many times no response.

hi do we need to send unsealed original or sealed original copy of toefl..i mailed them so many times no response.

only sealed copy of toefl is considered official.you need a sealed copy!!