University of Colorado at Denver, ISP 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the interview call on may 19th as well....
what are the wax exercises?? i know its sum thin about melting wax in a square or circle but is is the pink wax strip or the blue one and also is there something to carve??
Too many questions :) but what do we need to practice apart from the crown n cavity preps???

Members don't see this ad.

i hv same question. wht kind of wax excercise would going to b asked

Hi friends,
I have my interview on april 21. I just got an email from Jane asking me to send fee of 200 for bench exam by friday 23, march. I am sending it today. it will reach her by this week. I am little bit confused, as her email states the MO to be sent by 23 march 2012. Some one kindly lemme know.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi friends,
I have my interview on april 21. I just got an email from Jane asking me to send fee of 200 for bench exam by friday 23, march. I am sending it today. it will reach her by this week. I am little bit confused, as her email states the MO to be sent by 23 march 2012. Some one kindly lemme know.
Thanks.

call Miller Jane , there is a delay in your e-mail notice for bench test fee , you should receive this e-mail before March 23 so you can send the money by that time ....
call her

hi friends.....I want to know if colorado school is sending more interview calls or not?I want to apply but confused if i should apply or not

Any female to share accomodation at Colorado, for 21st april. Kindly lemme know

thanks for the reply......but i took my toefl couple of days ago.....Can i send all the documents now and send the toefl scores after the deadline....?

Can anyone tell me where the dental building is pn the campus??? is it in the uc denver downtown campus or the medical campus,aurora . I have to book a hotel closest to the exam place..plz lemme knw.

Can anyone tell me where the dental building is pn the campus??? is it in the uc denver downtown campus or the medical campus,aurora . I have to book a hotel closest to the exam place..plz lemme knw.

I Thnk it's in Anschutz Madical campus....

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys Congratulation for getting the Interview call. Its a big step. I Have practical material for sale if any one wants to buy PM me.

If you need any other help let me know.

If you got the interview invite it gives you the exact directions and place to go with the hotels around it.

Hey fellows,
Hope my post finds you well, first i want to congratulate all the dentists who got an interview, and wish the rest will get one soon.
I need your help here guys, I'm confused regarding the wax preparation, I know we have to do 3 things, but, I read that " Melting a wax into a dome shape " and " filling 0 or S shape with wax " . Would you please explain that to me, I've a cat brain and can't imagine that :D .
Let's say, to do a dome, do you have to carve and melt the wax ? or melt the wax use the melted drops of wax to build it :D:confused::eek: ? ( I know some will consider it a stupid question ) . And what about filling S or O shape ? do they give you a toy to fill the wax in it ?
One more thing, they said making a pencil shape ? is it round or hexagon one :rolleyes: ?

I ready do appreciate your patience with my questions and I'll be so grateful for your answers.

Best of luck everyone.
Have a blessed day.:oops:

I sent the bench test fee like 2 weeks ago but still haven't got the confirmation email:confused:

Hi guys , Is there any chance of getting IV call, without any clinical experience in us or research etc??

Are all interviews sent ?? Just curious... Still waiting for interview... Any idea ??

Hey !
I also got a interview on the 21st of april. I sent the bench exam fee almost a week back and jane hasnt confirmed whether she had received it or not. Nor is she answering the phone ! .. Have u sent ur exam fees ?? did u get a confirmation of receipt ??

iv calll may 19:)...any female wants to share an accomodation...do lemme know!!!

and guys anyone has any idea ...how to go about the bench exam preparation and also the wax carvings???

Today I received an invitation for interview May 19 :),
Big relief

Hi,
Anyone want to share accomodation for interview on may 19, ping me.
Thanks

I have made reservations at the Spring Hill Suites Marriott for April 20 check-in and April 21 Check out.

The reservation is for 2 persons, the approximate cost for sharing the room would be $50-$60, There are 2 separate Queen Beds available in the room

The hotel is pretty close to University of Colorado compared to other hotels and also accessible by public transport.

I'm a guy and if anybody wants to share the room, please email me at [email protected]

Hi Everyone,

I have an interview call for April 21. Well for bench test I borrowed a Kilgore dentoform from a dentist friend of mine and ordered kilgore teeth online from kilgore website to prepare on. From my research of SDN threads and asking around, PFM is usually on anteriors particularly incisor or premolar. However just to be safe also prepare a molar. Gold crown is usually on posterior and in 2010 it was tooth # 30. Class 2 can be amalgam (more chances ) or composite on posterior and usually MO.

For wax exercises you have to do three things: Its to check your manual dexterity

Red rope wax make an alphabet S or O usually
Blue inlay wax melt in a circle
Green stick wax : Carve a rectangle box in it and shape it like a crayon

I ordered the waxes from one of the local suppliers and using a burner at home to try to prep.

Hope that helps:)

Hi Everyone,

I have an interview call for April 21. Well for bench test I borrowed a Kilgore dentoform from a dentist friend of mine and ordered kilgore teeth online from kilgore website to prepare on. From my research of SDN threads and asking around, PFM is usually on anteriors particularly incisor or premolar. However just to be safe also prepare a molar. Gold crown is usually on posterior and in 2010 it was tooth # 30. Class 2 can be amalgam (more chances ) or composite on posterior and usually MO.

For wax exercises you have to do three things: Its to check your manual dexterity

I ordered the waxes from one of the local suppliers and using a burner at home to try to prep.

Thank you so much for your input but i've heard that they test us only on posterior teeth? even PFM's. do you know if they asked to prep a crown on an anterior tooth before? Does anyone know please?

Thanks

I looking for foot pedal which i can attach with my compressor. any idea from where can i buy it??

Does Colorado school ask to prep anterior teeth or just posteriors???? Please let me know

180 students are interviewing to CU and nobody knows what the bench exam is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any female wants to share an accomodation for may19,please pm me.

Last edited:
Hi

In PFM crown
- is axial reduction on all sides is 1.5 mm ?
- porcelain is an all sides or only on buccal/ labial?
So finish line on facial is shoulder and lingual is chamfer?

Can somebody clear this pls

yeah i have sent them my fees for the IV and I got the confirmation reply on the very next day of receipt from Janes assistant.

They told my class mate that 10 or 14 days after deadline they would be done for interview

Hi Everyone,

Hi,
Could you please tell me the website from which u ordered the waxes. Specially the green stick wax? Is it the green stick compound??.And the red rope wax, It is the beading wax right ?.. Thank you for ur help !

i have same question which wax is used and from where did you ordered it?

any female want to share accomodation for may 19 please PM me.

They told my class mate that 10 or 14 days after deadline they would be done for interview

hey. i think they are still left with june interview. i guess so keep ur finger cross