University of Colorado Skaggs SOP c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi all! I just got my acceptance last night! I interviewed on Jan 22, so thankful for the quick turnaround, even though every minute since the interview was excruciating email refreshing hahao_O
I will see you all in the fall!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Once you submit all the forms and pay the deposit, do they send any type of email in response?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all! I just got my acceptance last night! I interviewed on Jan 22, so thankful for the quick turnaround, even though every minute since the interview was excruciating email refreshing hahao_O
I will see you all in the fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
For acceptances, did you guys receive an email acceptance or an actual letter through the mail?

For acceptances, did you guys receive an email acceptance or an actual letter through the mail?
Just an email. Make sure you fill out the forms that were attached to the email. I overlooked it and waited for an actual letter.

Just an email. Make sure you fill out the forms that were attached to the email. I overlooked it and waited for an actual letter.
Just curious but how did you overlook it? Was not labeled as acceptance? I heard about a student last year that had their acceptance email go straight to their junk section.

GUYS I JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

GUYS I JUST GOT MY ACCEPTANCE

Was your email obvious it was an acceptance letter? I check my email all day every day so I don't know how I'd miss it but I'd just like to know what to look for

Was your email obvious it was an acceptance letter? I check my email all day every day so I don't know how I'd miss it but I'd just like to know what to look for

The title will be "Admission to the University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences"

It was from "OSS APPS" and the title was "OFFER OF ADMISSION"

It was pretty obvious but make sure you read ALL the fine print. There's a LOT of info!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, anyone from the 2/12 interview date hear anything back?

Last edited:
Hey, anyone from the 2/12 interview date hear anything back?

Also how much does the interview day count for UC? I know each school is different and I remember reading from a few years ago someone said interview day counts for 50% at UC? Or is it once you make it to the interview day everyone is on equal terms for UC specifically? I thought my interview went mostly well but the more I analyze it the more worried I get haha -_-

I have a 95 percentile PCAT score (97% percentile Chemisty and Read comp!)
Good GPA last 3 years ~3.4
and I am Latino (I am against affirmative action but not when it helps me of course...right?)....so hoping that will carry me... the anxiety! I had to request my friends start a new imessage group conversation without me cause the anxiety of my phone going off was slowly killing me.
Hey! I was at the 2/12 interview!! I JUST got my acceptance LAST thursday!! maybe the holidays messed with the december acceptances? I'm not sure.... but there are plenty going out every week. Crossing my fingers for you!

I just heard back today on 2/24 from the 2/12 interview with an offer of admission along with 2 other individuals as well from that interview date. So excited to meet everyone in August! I am so pumped this is easily my first choice :)

I just heard back today on 2/24 from the 2/12 interview with an offer of admission along with 2 other individuals as well from that interview date. So excited to meet everyone in August! I am so pumped this is easily my first choice :)
For those of your who waited a while to get your acceptance, did you contact anyone at CU?

For those of your who waited a while to get your acceptance, did you contact anyone at CU?
I didn't. A professor of mine said you should contact if you have other acceptances, however if you do not have other acceptances you should wait until the end of the admission cycle to contact them if you do not hear anything.

I didn't. A professor of mine said you should contact if you have other acceptances, however if you do not have other acceptances you should wait until the end of the admission cycle to contact them if you do not hear anything.

Well I have other acceptances but I've already turned one down. I hear mixed things about contacting the school though so I guess I'll try to wait it out! The waiting is starting to give me anxiety! haha

Well I have other acceptances but I've already turned one down. I hear mixed things about contacting the school though so I guess I'll try to wait it out! The waiting is starting to give me anxiety! haha
Yeah I feel you!!! It was a tough and anxious wait. I would give it a couple weeks maybe? And then contact them saying you have an acceptance pending and would like to know your status in order to make a final decision.

I got my acceptance today! Looks like I'll be seeing you all this fall!

Reactions: 5 users
I have just accepted my offer of admission, faxed the paperwork over, and updated my FAFSA. I was just curious, for those of you who have accepted your offer, how long afterwards did you receive information from the school regarding financial aid awards and does the school provide us with any information for the other admitted students to get in contact with them? I am super excited, but also super nervous! I will be relocating from Phoenix and I was thinking about looking for a possible roommate (preferably a fellow classmate) to lower the cost of rent.

Has anyone been accepted and not finished/will not finish by the end of spring 2016 term all of their pre-reqs yet and had to fill out a waiver form?

For me, my experience was extremely positive. I felt like everything they provided for us was well structured and thought out so that they could get a full view of the many aspects that a candidate has to offer. Everyone was very nice and made the whole process feel comfortable. As far as the one on one interview goes, it is closed file, so they don't know anything about you other than your name. From this aspect, much of the one-on-one is honestly getting to know you, why you want to be a pharmacist, what you have to offer, and so on. This gives you a chance to show them who you really are. I know you are going to hear this 1,000 times over your future interviews, but really just be yourself. Thats how you can shine and give them the best impression that you can give. Anyways, the school is amazing and seems like an outstanding place to build a solid foundation for your practice as a pharmacist. They seem to prepare students very well for whatever kind of pharmacist you want to be and is well respected across the nation. I hope your interview goes well!

To tack onto what was said before, while the interview is really casual and about getting to know you, they do have a list of set questions that they ask. They're all the stereotypical questions you get in interviews though (i.e. tell me about a time you had to work as a team/tell me about a struggle/what is your greatest strength/etc.). There were a few that were more pharmacy related, but they were kind of open ended opinion-type questions. I think that the only wrong answer would be to say something awful and clearly unethical or bigoted.

Thank you, Pharmsuu42 and med77 for your help! I am interviewing on Friday! Good luck to anyone else that is going to interview!

Another happy admitted Pharm D. student! I'm also going to be relocating from out of state, so if there is any traction in forming a group house, is it too late to sign up?

I got in! It took about three business days after interview! Hope you all got in and see you in fall 2016! Love this school!

Reactions: 2 users
Have you guys got your university email information yet? I was accepted last month and have not received any email about that yet.

Have you guys got your university email information yet? I was accepted last month and have not received any email about that yet.
It took a little over a month to receive everything I'm sure around April 1st you will here something!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

interviewees how like school? did your perception before after change w/visit?

interviewees how like school? did your perception before after change w/visit?
My perception definitely changed. Honestly I just clicked it because I wanted more schools to apply to and my interview turned it into my #1 school. The area and campus are beautiful, the people are so nice and welcoming, and the curriculum seems wonderful. Honestly don't know how it could get better.

Ohh thanks friend! Could you elaborate more. I would love hear. I'm second doubting myself apply here. cause like you

Im so hesitant applying living middle america. colorado. i even search CO and i'm scared close minded whiteners.

why did they extend their app deadline. its good school, but not enough qualified applicant?

Interviewed April 1st. The waiting is killing me. I've been accepted into three other schools but this is my top choice. I hope they have some seats left! Anyone else hear back that was in the April 1st group?

Interviewed April 1st. The waiting is killing me. I've been accepted into three other schools but this is my top choice. I hope they have some seats left! Anyone else hear back that was in the April 1st group?

I interviewed on April 1st, and haven't heard back from admissions yet. I keep checking my junk folder every day to ensure the email was not misplaced. However, since they extended the application deadline to early May, I think there are more than a few spots open.

BryRamTOX were you the former professional golfer in the group?

I interviewed on April 1st, and haven't heard back from admissions yet. I keep checking my junk folder every day to ensure the email was not misplaced. However, since they extended the application deadline to early May, I think there are more than a few spots open.

BryRamTOX were you the former professional golfer in the group?
Yeah! I was! You must have been in my interview group! I called yesterday to see if there was a time-frame to expect a response. Sounds like at the latest the middle of may. It also looks like they have another interview date in June as well, I think you're right about those seats being open!

Hi did anyone here from April 15, 2016 Interview get accepted yet? So April or March interviewees haven't heard back? Do you guys know the turnaround rate af interview? Did they say how many seats were left, or we have low seats left?

I got interviewed March 11th... Still haven't heard back. Those who interviewed, did you guys waited a long time to here back?

I got interviewed March 11th... Still haven't heard back. Those who interviewed, did you guys waited a long time to here back?
You interviewed in march and still have not heard anything? That's crazy!

You interviewed in march and still have not heard anything? That's crazy!
Tell me about it! Have you heard back yet? I called two weeks ago to ask and all I got was, at least you haven't been rejected yet. We've sent out some rejection letters already. I'm still waiting!

Did they seriously say at least you're not rejected honey boo hoo?

Tell me about it! Have you heard back yet? I called two weeks ago to ask and all I got was, at least you haven't been rejected yet. We've sent out some rejection letters already. I'm still waiting!
Nope, nothing yet. No news is good news?Haha

Hi did anyone here from April 15, 2016 Interview get accepted yet? So April or March interviewees haven't heard back? Do you guys know the turnaround rate af interview? Did they say how many seats were left, or we have low seats left?
Have not heard a thing! I was in the interview group before you though and still nothing.

I just gave up my seat over the weekend so best of luck to you all! :)

What a weird school no wonder its bottom 20. Call email them ask was up. Wonder if I should attend June interview. Mile high city, is it mile high? and what yall perspective of this school esp those from California.

Seren, what school accepted you? I'm not happy u gave up yr seat cause this school not most nice

Hey prospective SSPPS attendees!

As a student who will be going here in the fall, I want to just put out the good vibes, and remind you not to lose hope about getting into this impressive school! Continue to bide your time, maintain communication with Patricia Meyer and Brianna Maestas to keep yourself on their radars. I have utmost confidence that the other outstanding applicants (typically found on these boards, if I might say) will be joining me. Good luck guys and gals!

Reactions: 3 users
Yesterday I was notified by email that I have been wait listed, and I interviewed on April 1st of 2016.

Has anyone else been wait listed?

Yesterday I was notified by email that I have been wait listed, and I interviewed on April 1st of 2016.

dang took u long. is this school that competitive or they meet once while

Does anyone know as a pharmacy intern in Colorado if it's possible to work as a pharmacy intern in California? I was thinking of going back home during the summers and working as an intern in CA. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know as a pharmacy intern in Colorado if it's possible to work as a pharmacy intern in California? I was thinking of going back home during the summers and working as an intern in CA. Thanks in advance!
You have to check with the state licensing boards. They usually do not offer reciprocity, so you would have to apply in both states for an intern license.

Yea, me too. But, I care less now because my school is as prestigious but much cheaper in tuitions even with first year out of state tuition $18k/$31k (in/out).