University of Colorado-Skaggs SOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm in! Interviewed on Oct. 19th. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in too! So happy :D Interviewed Nov. 16th. Now I don't know if I should apply to TX Tech or not. The app is due Dec. 3rd (I know I know, I've been procrastinating :/) and although Tech's rankings are not as high as CU's, it would be cheaper for me as I am TX resident. Should I apply anyway? What do y'all suggest?

I'm in too! So happy :D Interviewed Nov. 16th. Now I don't know if I should apply to TX Tech or not. The app is due Dec. 3rd (I know I know, I've been procrastinating :/) and although Tech's rankings are not as high as CU's, it would be cheaper for me as I am TX resident. Should I apply anyway? What do y'all suggest?

tuition has always been my #1 determining factor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my acceptance e-mail!!!!

Interviewed on 10/26.

I'm in! Interviewed on Oct. 19th. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Accepted as well! Interview was 10/26. Are either of you from out of state?
I only have a few days to decide between Denver and my other favorite school. I was just looking at moving quotes and suddenly Denver is looking MUCH more attractive because of how close it is...

Can any current students speak on the class size? At 160 students, it is the only thing keeping me from jumping on this school. I come from a smaller university, so I really enjoy getting to know instructors and other students - but I'm afraid I wouldn't have that opportunity here.

unless money is a non issue for you, why wouldn't you?

I'm also a tx resident and CU is an awesome new school and very beautiful but at the end of the day it dropped down to the middle/bottom of my list because I would be paying 30-40k a year as compared to around 15 for in state.

unless money is a non issue for you, why wouldn't you?

I'm also a tx resident and CU is an awesome new school and very beautiful but at the end of the day it dropped down to the middle/bottom of my list because I would be paying 30-40k a year as compared to around 15 for in state.

I'm pretty envious of you guys. We have 6 in state schools and only one is that low for tuition but its not accredited... Our big state school is still 26k a year in state!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I only have a few days to decide between Denver and my other favorite school. I was just looking at moving quotes and suddenly Denver is looking MUCH more attractive because of how close it is...

Can any current students speak on the class size? At 160 students, it is the only thing keeping me from jumping on this school. I come from a smaller university, so I really enjoy getting to know instructors and other students - but I'm afraid I wouldn't have that opportunity here.
Yep, I'm from Arizona. I could go in-state, but I love moving around. I really haven't stayed in the same places for more than 5 years. Where are you from?

I'm pretty envious of you guys. We have 6 in state schools and only one is that low for tuition but its not accredited... Our big state school is still 26k a year in state!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Wow. You're complaining about 26k? I consider that a bargain. Here in Cali is 40k at least. They don't care if you're a resident.

I just got accepted too! I interviewed on November 9th! I'm pretty sure I'll go here unless I get into UW Seattle! stoked

@ iamtony : You can become a Colorado resident after a year, then you'll be paying around $17K I believe.. Does anyone know the actual number?

I decided not to apply to Texas Tech because CU is a more appealing of a school to me. And yeah, money is not a very big issue for me if I will only have to pay out-of-state tuition for one year. If I don't get into my two other favorite schools (which are both cheaper) then I will attend CU.

@ jerbearox: I've heard that tuition at UCSD is pretty low. Much cheaper than $26K, let alone $40K!

@ iamtony : You can become a Colorado resident after a year, then you'll be paying around $17K I believe.. Does anyone know the actual number?

I decided not to apply to Texas Tech because CU is a more appealing of a school to me. And yeah, money is not a very big issue for me if I will only have to pay out-of-state tuition for one year. If I don't get into my two other favorite schools (which are both cheaper) then I will attend CU.

@ jerbearox: I've heard that tuition at UCSD is pretty low. Much cheaper than $26K, let alone $40K!

for UC Denver its about 35k for first year as non-resident, then 22k for the remaining years as a resident.

UCSD tuition: http://students.ucsd.edu/finances/fees/registration/fall-2012/pharmacy.html
seems cheap right?
Wrong, keep in mind this school runs on a quarter system, so take each fee you see in the link and times it by 3 with the exception of the health insurance that SHOULD be good for the whole year, at least that how it was when i was still attending a UC, but i could be wrong.

for UC Denver its about 35k for first year as non-resident, then 22k for the remaining years as a resident.

UCSD tuition: http://students.ucsd.edu/finances/fees/registration/fall-2012/pharmacy.html
seems cheap right?
Wrong, keep in mind this school runs on a quarter system, so take each fee you see in the link and times it by 3 with the exception of the health insurance that SHOULD be good for the whole year, at least that how it was when i was still attending a UC, but i could be wrong.

http://www.aacp.org/resources/student/pharmacyforyou/admissions/Documents/Table 11.pdf

Here you go guys.

I just got accepted too! I interviewed on November 9th! I'm pretty sure I'll go here unless I get into UW Seattle! stoked

Congrats on getting accepted!
I'm still waiting and I'm freaking out!
Did you get your email on Saturday or Sunday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just had my interview last week. I absolutely loved this school!!!! Can't wait to hear back from them :love:

the campus is amazing right!?
Oh yeahhh! I mean two hospitals on site and another one coming soon?? Sounds to me like there will some great hospital rotations and intern positions! I also love the fact that they have so many ambulatory care rotation options, since that is what I'm interested in right now :D

Got my application in the day of the deadline. I wish I had done it much earlier, but got it in nonetheless. My gpa is 3.4 (lower science gpa) and 96 on the pcat, but not a lot of extra currics to back that up. :xf: Really hope I get an interview.

Oh yeahhh! I mean two hospitals on site and another one coming soon?? Sounds to me like there will some great hospital rotations and intern positions! I also love the fact that they have so many ambulatory care rotation options, since that is what I'm interested in right now :D

i hope we get a response soon, especially with holidays coming up. i interviewed on the 30th as well! what group number were you :p

Seeing other people getting acceptance email just makes me feel like I will get a response (just a response, not yes or no, just a response) soon.
But the week has been stressful, both because of finals and anticipation.
hmm... how did this become this way?
Onward people!
Hope things turn out great for everyone!
Merry Christmas! :)

Seeing other people getting acceptance email just makes me feel like I will get a response (just a response, not yes or no, just a response) soon.
But the week has been stressful, both because of finals and anticipation.
hmm... how did this become this way?
Onward people!
Hope things turn out great for everyone!
Merry Christmas! :)

If you want to talk about anticipation, I interviewed on 10/12. Hearing other people getting accepted probably means bad news for me.

i hope we get a response soon, especially with holidays coming up. i interviewed on the 30th as well! what group number were you :p
I was in group #2. How about you? I was sitting at the back table of the lobby during the intro since I arrived second to last :)

I was in group #2. How about you? I was sitting at the back table of the lobby during the intro since I arrived second to last :)

i was group 5 sitting in the front table of the lobby since we were the first to arrive. we got dropped off at 10am lol

If you want to talk about anticipation, I interviewed on 10/12. Hearing other people getting accepted probably means bad news for me.

Sorry, I didn't mean to complain.
And I certainly didn't mean to appear that I'm having the most difficult time.
Just thought that a forum can be used for some emotion relief.
Hope everything works out for everyone.

i was group 5 sitting in the front table of the lobby since we were the first to arrive. we got dropped off at 10am lol
lol 10am?? If I were there an hour early I would get pretty anxious. Did you do your essay first? I did my essay first then the interview. I think they will let us know about decisions before the new year. At least, that's what I gathered from last year's forum. Where else did you apply if you don't me asking?

Sorry, I didn't mean to complain.
And I certainly didn't mean to appear that I'm having the most difficult time.
Just thought that a forum can be used for some emotion relief.
Hope everything works out for everyone.

Oh no, I wasn't directing anything towards you. I was just saying. It looks there wasn't any advantage to an early interview date, since we are all still waiting.

lol 10am?? If I were there an hour early I would get pretty anxious. Did you do your essay first? I did my essay first then the interview. I think they will let us know about decisions before the new year. At least, that's what I gathered from last year's forum. Where else did you apply if you don't me asking?

I had my interview first. Went pretty smooth I think. I applied to too many schools too many to list. You?

Hello new here. Got an interview this January. How were your interviews? Was it similar to the ones described on the interview feedback?

Hello new here. Got an interview this January. How were your interviews? Was it similar to the ones described on the interview feedback?

It is exactly like the ones described on the interview feedback.

I interviewed on Nov 9th. Have not heard anything back yet. They did say it would be in December. Anybody else from that same day heard anything?

On a positive note, I did interview at OU and got my acceptance letter four days later. They sure do have a quick turn around time!

So excited! Received my official acceptance today!!

When did you interview? What are your stats if you dont mind my asking?
Interviewed on 11/09.

I graduated with a B.S in Bio and minor in chem.. 3.1 gpa & pcat was 65.. 3 yrs of retail experience.. Nothing stellar, but I only interviewed at 3 schools and was accepted to all of them..so I really think it comes down to your interview.

Interviewed on 11/09.

I graduated with a B.S in Bio and minor in chem.. 3.1 gpa & pcat was 65.. 3 yrs of retail experience.. Nothing stellar, but I only interviewed at 3 schools and was accepted to all of them..so I really think it comes down to your interview.

Thanks for the feedback. I interviewed 11/16; Graduated with a BS in Physiology, 3.5 and 91 pcat with 7 months of full time retail and some scattered retail volunteer work. I felt really well about my interview (the interviewers actually told me that I did really well). Hopefully I hear soon :confused: haha

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I interviewed 11/16; Graduated with a BS in Physiology, 3.5 and 91 pcat with 7 months of full time retail and some scattered retail volunteer work. I felt really well about my interview (the interviewers actually told me that I did really well). Hopefully I hear soon :confused: haha
Your stats are amazing.. I'm sure you'll get in.. The wait for decisions is prob the hardest part..kinda sucks that CU takes foreverrrr to send out acceptance letters/emails, but if the interviewers told you that you did great.. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. ;) did u apply anywhere else?

Your stats are amazing.. I'm sure you'll get in.. The wait for decisions is prob the hardest part..kinda sucks that CU takes foreverrrr to send out acceptance letters/emails, but if the interviewers told you that you did great.. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. ;) did u apply anywhere else?

Yeah, I was accepted at Midwestern Glendale, University of Arizona is supposed to send out interview invites on the 1st and I'm scheduled to interview at Thomas Jefferson and USC in January. UCDenver is my #1 though so I would really rather get accepted and not spend all that money on airfare and hotels!

Looks like it takes more than a month to hear back. I was hoping to hear back before winter break.

Would you mind stating when you submitted your pharmcas app and supplemental?

Would you mind stating when you submitted your pharmcas app and supplemental?

I submitted my pharmcas at the end of October and my supplemental at the end of November

I am so excited. I got an invitation to interview. I hope I get the 15th.

Congrats and good luck. The interview was a breeze. There are reading comp questions along with the essay. They are really easy so make sure not to get them wrong.

i interviewed on november 9th and received my acceptance over a week ago. i got into the university of oklahoma too but i'm still not sure where i want to go yet. if i accepted both and decline one later, would there be a penalty besides losing my deposit?

I'm pretty sure you just lose your deposit..what's the deposit for Oklahoma? Hmm I also interviewed on the 9th.. Were you in the group interview with Cecilia?

I submitted my pharmcas at the end of October and my supplemental at the end of November

Hmm... I submitted my pharmcas and supplemental at the end of October. Hopefully I hear something soon! Does anyone know if/when they send rejection letters?

I'm pretty sure you just lose your deposit..what's the deposit for Oklahoma? Hmm I also interviewed on the 9th.. Were you in the group interview with Cecilia?
are you talking about cecilia romero? deposit for Oklahoma is $500. i was the only person there who was from Oklahoma lol

Hmm... I submitted my pharmcas and supplemental at the end of October. Hopefully I hear something soon! Does anyone know if/when they send rejection letters?
in my interview (November 9th) it said it can take 4-6 weeks i believe. i found out a little over a month after i interviewed.

are you talking about cecilia romero? deposit for Oklahoma is $500. i was the only person there who was from Oklahoma lol
I think we were in the same group..I just couldn't remember if you were the same person I was thinking of.. But congrats!!

I think we were in the same group..I just couldn't remember if you were the same person I was thinking of.. But congrats!!
thanks! sorry i don't remember many names from that day. i remember having a real conversation with only a few people. is CU your first choice?

I was there that day and I'm also from Oklahoma. I got accepted to OU also.

I was there that day and I'm also from Oklahoma. I got accepted to OU also.
I just remember that there was one asian guy in our group that was from Oklahoma.. So it may have also been you? Were you in group 4 with Cecilia Romero? Anyhow..have you heard back from CU?