University of Colorado-Skaggs SOP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email that said they could not offer me acceptance at this time, but were not saying no yet.

Oh I see. I just got that evalue thing and nothing besides that.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh I see. I just got that evalue thing and nothing besides that.

I got the evalue thing, then a couple hours later got the acceptance email. I saw someone say they were not going to take their offer, and I am probably not taking mine. So watch your email!

I got the evalue thing, then a couple hours later got the acceptance email. I saw someone say they were not going to take their offer, and I am probably not taking mine. So watch your email!

Dang I got it 3 days ago and it just says interview complete/student1. Oh well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chinita009, I had to do an OPI as well. The lady on the phone was very nice and all you have to do is carry out a conversation as you normally would on the phone. They just want to assess your speaking ability, so the content doesn't matter (but of course don't leave the wrong impression by saying something extremely outlandish). You don't have to prepare anything for it. It was actually pretty fun for me because we both got to know each other and had a great conversation. :) And if you were wondering, I have been accepted into the school.

Hi riri3435,
May I ask how long after your interview you got accepted? I'm assuming you did both the OPI and the in-person interview?

Does anyone know if they only do OPI's to potential interview candidates or most applicants? The day after my OPI, I got my interview invitation.

Hi riri3435,
May I ask how long after your interview you got accepted? I'm assuming you did both the OPI and the in-person interview?
I got interviewed at the end of November and got an acceptance offer 6 weeks later. I think they do a few interview dates before sending out each batch of acceptances, so it all depends on how many interview dates have passed since you did yours.

Does anyone know if they only do OPI's to potential interview candidates or most applicants? The day after my OPI, I got my interview invitation.
I think it would be just potential applicants. I did my OPI too and I got an interview invite the very next day. They're just trying to see if you can speak good enough English (only if you put on the application that English was not your first language).

I got interviewed at the end of November and got an acceptance offer 6 weeks later. I think they do a few interview dates before sending out each batch of acceptances, so it all depends on how many interview dates have passed since you did yours.

May I ask how was their interview process? Pretty relaxed, open/closed file? Do they evaluate you on the group exercise? (I'm a bit nervous about this). Thanks.

May I ask how was their interview process? Pretty relaxed, open/closed file? Do they evaluate you on the group exercise? (I'm a bit nervous about this). Thanks.
The whole day was pretty fun and well organized. It was by far the most organized interview date I have had. They give you lots of information about the school at the start of the day, then you do a tour of the school, then you either do your writing portion (they provide a computer for that) or your interview. Then you do the group activity which is more fun than stressful. The interview itself is very conversational. It is closed file so make sure to bring up the things that make you stand out. You will interview with 1 or 2 faculty members or current pharmacists/alumni. They do evaluate you on the group exercise but I don't think it's a big factor in decisions. They are just trying to see if you can work well with others since they want their students to collaborate at school. Check out the interview feedback section on here for sample questions and such, I found it very helpful. Don't stress out, it really is one of the best interview programs I have attended so far, and I've been to many lol :)

The whole day was pretty fun and well organized. It was by far the most organized interview date I have had. They give you lots of information about the school at the start of the day, then you do a tour of the school, then you either do your writing portion (they provide a computer for that) or your interview. Then you do the group activity which is more fun than stressful. The interview itself is very conversational. It is closed file so make sure to bring up the things that make you stand out. You will interview with 1 or 2 faculty members or current pharmacists/alumni. They do evaluate you on the group exercise but I don't think it's a big factor in decisions. They are just trying to see if you can work well with others since they want their students to collaborate at school. Check out the interview feedback section on here for sample questions and such, I found it very helpful. Don't stress out, it really is one of the best interview programs I have attended so far, and I've been to many lol :)

Thanks! You've interviewed a lot of schools. May I ask what's your #1 school and do you consider distance and tuition as big factors in your decision?

Thanks! You've interviewed a lot of schools. May I ask what's your #1 school and do you consider distance and tuition as big factors in your decision?
I really loved Colorado. But I just did my interview at University of Washington and I really loved that school too. So I'm torn now. I haven't heard from UW yet, so I guess I was just gonna wait until I had heard from all of my schools first. I am more than willing to move away from San Diego, so no, distance is not a factor. Tuition might be though, I haven't quite looked into it yet because it won't matter for me; I have to wait until later this year to see where my husband gets in grad school and we will be making our decisions then :)

I really loved Colorado. But I just did my interview at University of Washington and I really loved that school too. So I'm torn now. I haven't heard from UW yet, so I guess I was just gonna wait until I had heard from all of my schools first. I am more than willing to move away from San Diego, so no, distance is not a factor. Tuition might be though, I haven't quite looked into it yet because it won't matter for me; I have to wait until later this year to see where my husband gets in grad school and we will be making our decisions then :)

For one of my assignments when I was a TA last semester I put together a concise overview of what UW and CU (as well as Regis and UH) have to offer including tuition, culture, research opportunities, residencies, fellowships, etc. You're welcome to take a look at it. PM me your email if you want to check it out.

Hello everyone! Congratulations to all who have received their acceptances!

I've perused the previous pages and am astonished that the interview process has been going on since October. I had my OPI interview on 01/22/13 and received a invitation on 01/25/13. I am interviewing on 02/22/13 and was wondering if there were any fellow interviewers out there! I've booked by flight tickets and am incredibly nervous and excited.

If anyone has any helpful and friendly tips, I would love to know! I hope to get in contact with the 02/22 interviewers!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my OPI interview tomorrow! Any tips/advice? This is the first school I heard back from, so I'm pretty excited!

I have my OPI interview tomorrow! Any tips/advice? This is the first school I heard back from, so I'm pretty excited!
Relax and be yourself! The OPI is very conversational. The actual interview day is very informative and fun. Look over the interview feedback section for sample questions for the interview. Good luck!

OPI's are pretty common, but it's not the main interview. It does give you a good chance for an on-campus interview, though. I got an interview invitation the day right after my OPI.

You're basically carrying out different conversations with an ESL professor to access your English proficiency. She may ask a topic which you might get stuck on, but try to relax and answer as best as you can.

Hi riri3435,
I was accepted two weeks after my interview on campus.

Did anyone that interviewed 1/25 get acceptance yet?

I have my interview this friday 2/15. What can I expect for the group and essay portion of the interview? is the actual interview a one on one interview with a professor?

for the group activity, they split us up into groups of 4 along with 2 faculty members evaluating us. they just want to see how well you interact in a group setting so just be yourself! as for the interview, i had mines with a faculty member and a clinical pharmacist. good luck tomorrow! :)

Made this account today and I wanted to say hello! I got accepted to UC on 2/12 and my interview was on 1/18. Longest wait of my life but totally worth it! SO EXCITED! :)

Made this account today and I wanted to say hello! I got accepted to UC on 2/12 and my interview was on 1/18. Longest wait of my life but totally worth it! SO EXCITED! :)

Congrats! I'll see you in the fall.

I've perused the previous pages and am astonished that the interview process has been going on since October. I had my OPI interview on 01/22/13 and received a invitation on 01/25/13. I am interviewing on 02/22/13 and was wondering if there were any fellow interviewers out there! I've booked by flight tickets and am incredibly nervous and excited.

If anyone has any helpful and friendly tips, I would love to know! I hope to get in contact with the 02/22 interviewers!

Hello! I'll be there on the 22nd! :)

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far. My advice is to anyone who is moving into an apartment, find someone who is already living at the complex so you can possibly split a referral fee that I've seen be anywhere from $200-$500. If you guys have trouble pharmacy students or residents at said apartment complex, sent me a PM and I can try to arrange something for you.

I feel like I've been waiting for a reply from this school for forever!!! I interviewed less than a month ago though.

Can anyone tell me if you find out whether you were accepted or denied on the e-value site? Mine just says interview complete: student 1.
I really liked this school...and Regis, but CU is cheaper...
The wait is just a killer :x :eek:

How do you know you were wait listed??

I answered that a couple posts ago. Got an email that said they could not offer me acceptance at the time, but it was not a no yet.

I answered that a couple posts ago. Got an email that said they could not offer me acceptance at the time, but it was not a no yet.

Ok thanks. I feel like calling them cuz I wanna know where my application is but I don't want them to deny my because of it.

Ok thanks. I feel like calling them cuz I wanna know where my application is but I don't want them to deny my because of it.

It took a long time to hear back from them. I had given up hope and accepted an offer from another school because I thought for sure I was not getting in here. Then the acceptance email finally came. I still turned it down, but it was nice to know that I could have gone here.

I think we've all felt what your feeling now.. the wait to hear back is frustrating! But I didn't get my acceptance email till like 5 weeks after my interview.. so I'm sure you'll hear back any day now.. seems like they send out decisions on Fridays.. Best of luck to yah! Hopefully I'll be seeing yah in the fall! ;]

If you don't mind sharing, what were your stats and how did you feel after your interivew?

I got accepted to my top pick school! So sadly, I'll be withdrawing my acceptance here. Hopefully one of y'all grabs my spot! Good luck to all of y'all!

For those of you who have interviewed already, would you mind updating the Interview Feedback section or just posting any questions/tips on here. Thanks in advance. It's greatly appreciated :D

I will be interviewing on the 22nd as well! Have a safe flight and see you there!

I interviewed back in December and got accepted in Jan. I've had 5 other interviews since then and I have to say Denver was by far the most organized! Not only did they give you a box lunch, they had a group of students who were really easy to talk to and a lot more interesting than some of the students I've met at other schools.

90% sure I will be attending in August! See you there class of '17!

Congrats! Which group were you in? I interviewed the same day...still waiting for a response.

I think we've all felt what your feeling now.. the wait to hear back is frustrating! But I didn't get my acceptance email till like 5 weeks after my interview.. so I'm sure you'll hear back any day now.. seems like they send out decisions on Fridays.. Best of luck to yah! Hopefully I'll be seeing yah in the fall! ;]

Thanks! I might see you in the fall :) I'm trying to be patient but its hard. Especially since I got my acceptance email from Temple U literally 2 hours after the interview ended. And seeing as how my top two schools are Temple and CU I'm trying to wait to make the best decision but I know I'm gonna have a hard time choosing.

Can a current student please describe the schedule for P1 (what time to what time you have classes), and also how you pick rotation sites? This would be greatly helpful to me. Thanks :)

Finally got accepted! It took a month for them to get back to me. Very excited.

When did you have your interview? And if you don't mind sharing what were your stats?

I interviewed 1/25. 3.3 gpa and 90 pcat composite. I did terrible on the verbal and reading section but my chem, bio and math section floated my score.

If you don't mind sharing, what were your stats and how did you feel after your interivew?

My stats are definitely lower then everybody else. I did terrible as an undergraduate due to health issues in my family. I did not give a lot of time to school. But that was 10 years ago for me. So I think they looked at my career since then and used that to base my performance. I am proof that its not just numbers they look at.

Thanks! I might see you in the fall :) I'm trying to be patient but its hard. Especially since I got my acceptance email from Temple U literally 2 hours after the interview ended. And seeing as how my top two schools are Temple and CU I'm trying to wait to make the best decision but I know I'm gonna have a hard time choosing.
You received an acceptance email 2 hours after your interview with Temple U? Wow, that is amazing..! Which goes to show that you must have impressive stats. ;] I also interviewed with LECOM-B and was accepted 3 days later.. so waiting 5 weeks for CU was torturous!.

But on the bright side.. at least you were accepted to one of your top choices, did you put down your deposit for Temple U?

I think I have finally decided on Colorado, the stress from waiting for Michigan is too much, and I figure they only have a few spots left. Also, the deadline for my response is Tuesday, and I absolutely loved Colorado the most out of all my interviews. $1000 deposit is so much though ahh...

I think I have finally decided on Colorado, the stress from waiting for Michigan is too much, and I figure they only have a few spots left. Also, the deadline for my response is Tuesday, and I absolutely loved Colorado the most out of all my interviews. $1000 deposit is so much though ahh...

A lot of us called and got a two week extension on the deposit, if you think you might hear back from Michigan in that time.

You received an acceptance email 2 hours after your interview with Temple U? Wow, that is amazing..! Which goes to show that you must have impressive stats. ;] I also interviewed with LECOM-B and was accepted 3 days later.. so waiting 5 weeks for CU was torturous!.

But on the bright side.. at least you were accepted to one of your top choices, did you put down your deposit for Temple U?

Thanks. I have not yet given the deposit. It has to be mailed so I'm waiting for the week to start. Congrats on your acceptance to LECOM-B. And yes torturous is a perfect description of the wait. It sucks because you don't even get an "in progress" or "under review" message all I can see on the e-value website is that I completed the interview.

I have a few questions about rotations, residency matches, and the weather. Can a current student (or someone else with this information) please address them?

1) Rotations:
Where are the possible rotation sites located? Are they all throughout Colorado, or can we choose a different state as well? Also, do students usually stay in one place for the whole P4 year or do you get moved around a lot between rotations? Is there a huge commute for certain locations? Because I know that in Texas, some P4 students have to commute 2 hours if they are in Dallas or Houston and that just sounds like a lot of hassle.

2) Residencies:
What is the residency match rate like, and do most students pursue a residency? I noticed that CU has an emphasis on clinical pharmacy, so I was wondering if most students pursue that career path.

3) Do you guys get blizzards, thunderstorms etc in Aurora? Just wondering because I've only lived in warm climates so this is going to be a change for me. Want to be prepared before I make the move!

Anything would help me out. Thanks a bunch!

I just received my acceptance e-mail!! I interviewed on 1/25 and got accepted today. I just wanted to give hope to those who have a low GPA out there. Luckily for me Colorado puts more weight on the interview than other schools. Anyway here are my stats.

Overall GPA 2.7
PCAT 90
Held 2 board positions within my extra curricular activities
1.5 years in community pharmacy
~ 6 months in hospital pharmacy

If you have some weak points in your application, I would suggest really being able to emphasize your passion for pharmacy and knowledge about the field and program. Hope this helps good luck to everyone and although the wait is killer, it just might be worth it in the end.