University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, getting use to the weather mainly. I never driven in snow/icey roads before I moved to Colorado. Also silly stuff that some people fail to mention to me like leaving your heat on and your sink cabinets open so your pipes don't freeze and burst flooding your apartment =). Does not happen to anyone but it's the story I tell all Californians when they come to our school.
haha...good to know. Can't wait! Also I was wondering where are some good places to live near school. I know a lot of people live in Fitz, but there doesn't seem to be much going on around the area. On my tour they said to make sure to visit the apartments before you rent because the area is a little shady, but I can't imagine it being any worse than some of the cities in socal.

Members don't see this ad.

haha...good to know. Can't wait! Also I was wondering where are some good places to live near school. I know a lot of people live in Fitz, but there doesn't seem to be much going on around the area. On my tour they said to make sure to visit the apartments before you rent because the area is a little shady, but I can't imagine it being any worse than some of the cities in socal.

I'm going to live in a neighborhood called Stapleton which is really close to the campus but is a lot better location than a lot of the other areas close-by.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/28, received my acceptance today!! Congrats to everyone else who also go good news today!

interviewed on 10/28 --- ACCEPTED! wee :laugh:

congrats to everyone else!

(i think they send acceptances after every 3 interviews)

1st time they sent acceptances was on 10/31/11 for 10/7, 10/14 & 10/21 interview groups.
2nd time is today on 11/14 for 10/28, 11/04, 11/11 interview groups

so maybe next one will come on 12/05/11 for 11/18, 11/25 & 12/02 ?

just a guess...

Last edited:
Interviewed 11/28, received my acceptance today!! Congrats to everyone else who also go good news today!

interviewed on 11/28 --- ACCEPTED! wee :laugh:

congrats to everyone else!

(i think they send acceptances after every 3 interviews)

1st time they sent acceptances was on 10/31/11 for 10/7, 10/14 & 10/21 interview groups.
2nd time is today on 11/14 for 10/28, 11/04, 11/11 interview groups

so maybe next one will come on 12/05/11 for 11/18, 11/25 & 12/02 ?

just a guess...

Congrats on the acceptances! :D

Thanks! And congrats to everyone else too!!! Glad to know that I'll be attending pharmacy school next year! :D

I interviewed on 11/4 and received an email acceptance today; I'm strongly considering it! Congrats to all who have been accepted and good luck to future interviewees!

I got accepted too! And I seriously thought I had blown the interview because it had felt sooooooo awkward.

I'm going to decline the acceptance though because I also heard back from one of my top choices today as well.

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats everyone! Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you in the fall!

just got an interview invite !
wish I could go but I was already accepted to a school instate. Hope I don't regret cancelling.

congrats to everyone who was accepted here :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application by the first week of October and it was reviewed by admissions by second week of October and still haven't heard back yet I'm from out of state (Texas) so can that be why I haven't heard back yet. I'm getting a bit worried :scared:

When did you all submit your applications in?

did you submit your pharmcas or your supplemental on the first week of october?

I submitted my application by the first week of October and it was reviewed by admissions by second week of October and still haven't heard back yet I'm from out of state (Texas) so can that be why I haven't heard back yet. I'm getting a bit worried :scared:

When did you all submit your applications in?

I submitted both Pharmcas and supp 9/1 and I'm from out of state (CA) and had my interview 10/21. I know it sucks playing the waiting game, but most likely you might hear from them after Christmas because I'm pretty sure they don't review applications during the holiday season...

Hey just received an interview invite a couple days ago, wanted to go on Dec 2, but I have an interview with northstate that day, so im going with Janurary 13 :)

whats your defintion of "nice" in janurary?

whats your defintion of "nice" in janurary?
My nice in January is about 10 degrees Fahrenheit with no wind chill.

I actually have no clue what Denver weather is like. For some reason I just imagine it to be "nicer" than that. Although in my opinion, not a whole lot tops sitting out on a deserted frozen lake ice fishing, no matter what the conditions.

Anyhow, best of luck with your interview!

I just got invited to an interview. Are there any downside to choosing a later interview date over an earlier one? I'm from California so I'm going to have to fly in.

Oh yeah and Oral Exam for ESL speakers was awkward. I didn't know they wouldn't have a set of prepared questions, instead you sort of lead where the conversation goes with your answers. I said I played chess a little as one of my hobbies. Follow up question was "ok so tell me something interesting that happened to you one day while you were playing chess" lol

I just got invited to an interview. Are there any downside to choosing a later interview date over an earlier one? I'm from California so I'm going to have to fly in.

Oh yeah and Oral Exam for ESL speakers was awkward. I didn't know they wouldn't have a set of prepared questions, instead you sort of lead where the conversation goes with your answers. I said I played chess a little as one of my hobbies. Follow up question was "ok so tell me something interesting that happened to you one day while you were playing chess" lol
How long did it take them to get back to you about the official interview?

Colorado have rolling admissions. The earlier you interview the better your chances of getting in.

Colorado have rolling admissions. The earlier you interview the better your chances of getting in.

Hopefully that works in my favor. I am interviewing December 2nd. Anyone else have that date? I'm flying out from CA

This is a great school, I highly suggest that you attend if you are accepted. :)

This is a great school, I highly suggest that you attend if you are accepted. :)

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the program, all of the students at my interview seemed to be as well. Really hoping that I hear back this Monday about a decision, the waiting is killing me already!

hi all,

just curious, for colorado's supplemental application, is it just the form that you have to fill out online? no essays? where do you put your pre-req classes? lastly, do you mail it in or online is fine?

I realize another applicant already asked the question, but i couldn't find an answer so i was hoping those of you who received interview invites and those who got accepted can offer some help.

thanks!

hi all,

just curious, for colorado's supplemental application, is it just the form that you have to fill out online? no essays? where do you put your pre-req classes? lastly, do you mail it in or online is fine?

I realize another applicant already asked the question, but i couldn't find an answer so i was hoping those of you who received interview invites and those who got accepted can offer some help.

thanks!
The supplemental consists only of the form you fill out online. It has been a couple of months now since I filled it out, but I don't believe you need to enter prerequisite courses. Also, there are not any essays, so don't worry about those. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Alright guys, I just declined an offers of admission from Colorado. Hopefully someone else will be able to attend now! :D

Good luck to those in Class of 2012!

Where are you going instead? What made you decide against Colorado? If you don't mind me asking.

Where are you going instead? What made you decide against Colorado? If you don't mind me asking.

Well, I'm originally from CA, so schools here are really competitive. I'm trying to stay within CA schools but I haven't gotten accepted yet. I think Colorado's a fantastic school and was actually deciding between SUNY and Colorado to put down a deposit for, but then SUNY only cost $150 and Colorado $1000. And to be honest, I think $1000 is a lot of money to be committing to a school this early in the game when I haven't heard from most CA schools yet. That's it. I ended up putting $150 for SUNY instead.

Oh! The agony of waiting for a reply about acceptance...... Musttt tryyy and stay sanee

i knw im really late at this.. but the supp is just online rite? just 1 page supp app and then you pay rite away..how can i check they received it? i called a number but nobody picked up so i just left a msg any help?

Thanks! I submitted Pharmcas and supplementals Sept. 1. It was weird. I got an email saying supplementals were not received, then I called them to correct the issue and I received the checklist email, and then I received the invite email all on the same day. My cGPA= 4.3 and PCAT = 1600....jk 3.2 and 79...=(

did u get any confirmation after sub the app? Because I did today but I havent received anything..i did pay rite away too.. tried to call but no help
The supplemental consists only of the form you fill out online. It has been a couple of months now since I filled it out, but I don't believe you need to enter prerequisite courses. Also, there are not any essays, so don't worry about those. Hope that helps! Good luck!

did u get any confirmation after sub the app? Because I did today but I havent received anything..i did pay rite away too.. tried to call but no help
I submitted my supplemental on Aug 17th (Wed) and received a notification the same day that my transaction/payment was approved. On Aug 22nd (Mon), I received an email letting me know my application was complete.

With today being the deadline, I am guessing they are swamped with applications and applicant questions. If you received the email stating your transaction was approved you shouldn't worry.

i knw im really late at this.. but the supp is just online rite? just 1 page supp app and then you pay rite away..how can i check they received it? i called a number but nobody picked up so i just left a msg any help?

I don't think I recieved a confirmation email about the supp but I did receive an email saying that they have reviewed the courses listed on pharmcas. You can always check your bank statement to see if the application fee was withdrawn from your account. You can also email or call them to see if it has been received.

Just got to Colorado today. Man is it cold. Looking forward to seeing those interviewing tomorrow!