University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just interviewed today and everything was AWESOME!!! I really hope I receive an acceptance email from them soon! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I just interviewed today and everything was AWESOME!!! I really hope I receive an acceptance email from them soon! :)

I was there too haha Yeah everything was great and everyone was nice. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! So excited! Cannot wait to move to Colorado and meet you all!

From the 11/11 interviewees... (in a prepubesent voice)... OMG I got accepted... omg! omg! omg!

Congrats to everyone accepted!

Quick question about transcripts...in the email, it said to send transcripts that haven't been sent to pharmcas directly to the school. On the other form though, it makes it seem like we are supposed to submit ALL transcripts. Anyone know if we are supposed to submit all college transcripts, or just for the classes we are currently taking/planning to take in spring?

THANKS!

Congrats to those that got accepted. I interviewed Dec 2nd. Would they send out acceptances for that day too? or is that too soon?

Last edited:
just got my acceptance today too and I interviewed 11/4

congrats to everyone!!! :soexcited: :claps:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to everyone that was accepted today!!!

just got my acceptance today too and I interviewed 11/4

congrats to everyone!!! :soexcited: :claps:

Wow, I thought I had to wait a long time! You must of been dying, I was!
I am so excited, it is just sinking in!

I think I am going to fill out all those forms and do everything after my finals, but do we have to mail it all in? That will take a few days, so maybe I should do it sooner!

Congrats to everyone accepted!

Quick question about transcripts...in the email, it said to send transcripts that haven't been sent to pharmcas directly to the school. On the other form though, it makes it seem like we are supposed to submit ALL transcripts. Anyone know if we are supposed to submit all college transcripts, or just for the classes we are currently taking/planning to take in spring?

THANKS!

Just called and thought I would answer my own question hah (for anyone else who was wondering). All you need to do is input any updated grades during the academic window in pharmcas and then after spring classes, just send those transcripts directly to the school. So glad I get to save a little money by not having to send all those transcripts in yet again!

Wow, I thought I had to wait a long time! You must of been dying, I was!
I am so excited, it is just sinking in!

I think I am going to fill out all those forms and do everything after my finals, but do we have to mail it all in? That will take a few days, so maybe I should do it sooner!

Pretty sure you should mail it since you have to include a check anyways.

Congrats to those that got accepted!! If you plan on attending join the facebook group!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/281131391927043/

And I would fill out those forms and send in the deposit ASAP, I think they only give you a week to send in everything and I almost missed the deadline.

Looking forward to seeing all of you in the Fall!

So to all those who got accepted and will be attending:
Why University of Colorado? Was it your first choice? Are you in or out of state? Did you apply to any other schools? What did you like most about Colorado?

I really liked the school when I was there for the interview, but the surrounding area is so sketchy. I have thus far received two acceptances only, but I could not really see anything that makes Colorado any better than the other school (Buffalo, that is) and am having trouble picking one...

Why University of Colorado? Was it your first choice? Are you in or out of state? Did you apply to any other schools? What did you like most about Colorado?

I really liked the school when I was there for the interview, but the surrounding area is so sketchy. I have thus far received two acceptances only, but I could not really see anything that makes Colorado any better than the other school (Buffalo, that is) and am having trouble picking one...

Well, personally I chose Colorado because it has an excellent reputation (my boss worked with pharmacists who graduated from there, said they were great) and has tons of opportunities for doing research and internships while in school. The students I talked to seemed pretty with it and happy with the program. Good residency placement rates, too. I've also always wanted to live out West, preferably in CO, so this seems like as good a time as any to move and start making future job connections out there.

To me, sketchiness is relative. Granted I didn't look around the area too much, but after growing up around DC/Baltimore levels of sketchiness I'm not too worried. The other university campuses I visited (with the exception of Wyoming) were worse, specifically VCU and UMD-Baltimore.

If you're really torn between the two, you could always let cost dictate where you end up. Good luck!

I'm totally in the same boat as you (oktobre21) ! I'm from Long Island, NY and I have been accepted at VCU, University of Colorado and University at Buffalo. I have an interview tomorrow at UNC as well! I'm having trouble deciding between the programs, especially since the deposit to hold a spot is so much and with the deadlines quickly approaching. If I anyone has any input about these schools I'd also love to hear

I'm totally in the same boat as you (oktobre21) ! I'm from Long Island, NY and I have been accepted at VCU, University of Colorado and University at Buffalo. I have an interview tomorrow at UNC as well! I'm having trouble deciding between the programs, especially since the deposit to hold a spot is so much and with the deadlines quickly approaching. If I anyone has any input about these schools I'd also love to hear

You can ask for a deposit extension at colorado, which is what I did and the faculty member extend my deadline till January, because am waiting on an instate pharmacy school response.

I want to go here, because I currently work with a pharmacist and recent a graduate doing is residency at the pharmacy I work at and they have great things to say about the school, plus its an established school and I have been looking for a change of scenery for a while.... Just to name a few reasons why I want to go there.

Anyone who was accepted on the 5th receive their background check email yet?

anyone from the Nov. 4th interview still waiting? April is such a long wait...

I submitted my application on 11/4 and FINALLY got my invite for an interview! However, the next interview date isn't until February! Makes me nervous since it seems like there have been so many who have been accepted already... hopefully there are some spots still open! :D

Congrats to all who have been accepted!

So i got my acceptance letter last week and have sent in my acceptance letter. I may go to UNC, but has anyone checked at housing options?

I just my email of acceptance last monday! Are you wanting to go there?

Did anyone receive their confirmations email after sending their deposits and paper work? I sent mine last Thursday and they told me they haven't received it yet. Ugh.

Did anyone receive their confirmations email after sending their deposits and paper work? I sent mine last Thursday and they told me they haven't received it yet. Ugh.

I haven't yet and I sent it in over a month ago. I guess I should call them tomorrow and make sure they got it..=/

Definitely inquire about it if you are wondering. I got an email, but I also emailed them to ensure that my deposit was received before the deadline. I think it took about a week for everything of mine to get there from Wisconsin.

I haven't yet and I sent it in over a month ago. I guess I should call them tomorrow and make sure they got it..=/

I agree with BadgerPharm.. You should check if they received it. I sent my deposit and paperwork on Saturday (Dec 10) and received a confirmation e-mail on Monday. It took two days for me.. o_o

Last edited:
They told me if I don't receive a confirmation email by tomorrow I need to call them. I never trust mail. My delivery confirmation says it was delivered last Saturday.

i am so anxious waiting to hear back form this school. If I interviewed Dec 2nd, when do you think I should expect to hear news of anything?

i am so anxious waiting to hear back form this school. If I interviewed Dec 2nd, when do you think I should expect to hear news of anything?

They seem to send out acceptances on Mondays, but with the holidays here who knows when they'll be sending out the next round. You could always give them a call.

They told me if I don't receive a confirmation email by tomorrow I need to call them. I never trust mail. My delivery confirmation says it was delivered last Saturday.
Hopefully you're able to get everything sorted out! It must be some sort of paranoia, because depending on the circumstances, I also distrust the mail. I would say this is definitely one of those circumstances.

Definitely inquire about it if you are wondering. I got an email, but I also emailed them to ensure that my deposit was received before the deadline. I think it took about a week for everything of mine to get there from Wisconsin.

Called them this morning and everything is fine. Whew..

So for those of you that have accepted the admission offer, are any of you guys needing a roommate?

So for those of you that have accepted the admission offer, are any of you guys needing a roommate?

If you're looking for roommates, you might want to consider joining the fb group. I think it'll be your best bet when trying to look for roommates because those people are the ones who are pretty much committed to attending.

Hello,

I've been accepted to three pharmacy schools, but I don't know which one I would prefer above the other two. One of my major concerns is the school's overall opinion toward having professors who truly care about teaching. I've had many professors who couldn't communicate very well, and I'd like to avoid that as much as possible. CU is one of my options and I'm hoping that a current student and/or alumni might be able to help with this. Thanks so much! Feel free to send me a personal message.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IN I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!! I just received the email and I interviewed 12/2!

I am DEFINITELY going, see all you people in the Fall!!!!!!!!

:-D :-D <3 <3 :-D

OMG!!!!!!!!!! I GOT IN I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!! I just received the email and I interviewed 12/2!

I am DEFINITELY going, see all you people in the Fall!!!!!!!!

:-D :-D <3 <3 :-D

Congrats man!

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

I interviewed 12/02 and I also received an email at 9:30 PST this morning that I was accepted. I will be declining the acceptance offer since I got accepted to another school that doesn't require me to take physics (lazy, I know!!). This school had some great qualities to it though, and I hope the extra spot is a nice holiday gift for someone! :luck:

Hello all! I got accepted to Colorado (wohoo!) but still have other interviews set up (boo). I don't have $1,000 to throw down to hold my spot. Am I basically screwed? Can I take the risk of not putting the money down and maybe calling them up in a couple months and saying, Hey, how about that admissions spot?

Basically the question is: if I don't put down the $1,000 deposit is my acceptance void forever?

Any information will help :)

Thanks

Hello all! I got accepted to Colorado (wohoo!) but still have other interviews set up (boo). I don't have $1,000 to throw down to hold my spot. Am I basically screwed? Can I take the risk of not putting the money down and maybe calling them up in a couple months and saying, Hey, how about that admissions spot?

Basically the question is: if I don't put down the $1,000 deposit is my acceptance void forever?

Any information will help :)

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that if you don't put down a deposit, they will give your seat away to someone else. My guess is that if you don't send in the money or talk to them about any financial circumstances you may have, they are going to assume that you don't plan on attending. If you can't put down the $1000, I would suggest at least talking to the school and possibly asking for an extension for the payment (although I don't know typically know how long they'll extend your deadline to...my guess is not very long though).

I was in a similar situation as yours and my deposit was originally due on 12/19 but when I called I was able to get it pushed back until 12/31