University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys do you think It's too late to apply to Colorado? I am so confused.

you can't apply through caapid. but you still have a chance to apple via paper application. You must pay $300 and also send ECE reports by yourself as well. the deadline is April 1st so you have enough time

Members don't see this ad.

i applied too..submitted application through caapid in nov mid. By what time should we hear from them>> anyone?

In how many days after application complete mail, do we get under review mail from Colorado? Any idea?

Members don't see this ad :)
In how many days after application complete mail, do we get under review mail from Colorado? Any idea?

It doesn't matter when u get application complete mail. what matters is your strength. If u have a good application , u will receive IV call soon. Stronger people will get IV call earlier as I saw before.

It doesn't matter when u get application complete mail. what matters is your strength. If u have a good application , u will receive IV call soon. Stronger people will get IV call earlier as I saw before.

Any idea about their bench test! What do they ask for! And any details about the interview :) thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile

They send interview invites in the order that a person applied. So most likely now its people who applied before December then they move on by month. It has nothing to do with the candidates stats.
Actually manthara is right asd1234, that is what was written in my offer of interview from Colorado. That my application has been identified as a "strong" application and I was given a choice of interview dates. They do sort by candidates stats first. I think it probably helps if you apply early too. Hope that clears things up.

Actually manthara is right asd1234, that is what was written in my offer of interview from Colorado. That my application has been identified as a "strong" application and I was given a choice of interview dates. They do sort by candidates stats first. I think it probably helps if you apply early too. Hope that clears things up.
My views differ sam99. They have a similar template for interview invitation email which will be sent to all people invited. Whoever is invited for an interview is a strong applicant over others who have not been invited. They are not going to stratify on the basis of proficiency at this level. They surely will do after the interview and bench exam and select their strongest 40 and waiting list in order of strongest to weakest. I am very sure people who will get an interview call for June batch will also have the same things written.

My views differ sam99. They have a similar template for interview invitation email which will be sent to all people invited. Whoever is invited for an interview is a strong applicant over others who have not been invited. They are not going to stratify on the basis of proficiency at this level. They surely will do after the interview and bench exam and select their strongest 40 and waiting list in order of strongest to weakest. I am very sure people who will get an interview call for June batch will also have the same things written.

Hi redzone. I was only telling informing all what was written in my email. I received an invite to Temple as well, and I understand what you are saying. The Temple email is generic. However Colorado emailed me a personal email regarding where I live so they could arrange the interview accordingly. If this email is received it will say (I have copied a portion) "I wanted to contact you soon since you appear to be a very strong candidate. *As very strong candidates are identified, I like to personally contact them and send information about our program and the dates of interviews and bench exams. "
Again this was not a formal interview package (she said that would be sent at a later date when they start sending out interviews to all) , it was a personal email from the coordinator Dr. Towne.
I just wanted to let others know that the review process has started and to look out for emails. Hope that clears things up and best of luck to those who have applied.

Hi redzone. I was only telling informing all what was written in my email. I received an invite to Temple as well, and I understand what you are saying. The Temple email is generic. However Colorado emailed me a personal email regarding where I live so they could arrange the interview accordingly. If this email is received it will say (I have copied a portion) "I wanted to contact you soon since you appear to be a very strong candidate. *As very strong candidates are identified, I like to personally contact them and send information about our program and the dates of interviews and bench exams. "
Again this was not a formal interview package (she said that would be sent at a later date when they start sending out interviews to all) , it was a personal email from the coordinator Dr. Towne.
I just wanted to let others know that the review process has started and to look out for emails. Hope that clears things up and best of luck to those who have applied.

Guys could u please post your stats &/or application complete dates??????

Guys could u please post your stats &/or application complete dates??????

Hi dentical18. My stats are Part 1: Pass, TOEFL: 117, GPA: 3.68, extracurricular activites: I studied two years in a North American university for a Bachelor's before I did my dentistry, have been volunteering since I was about 14 years old in various health related positions, started up an NGO for dental awareness during my BDS, shadowed a dentist out here, volunteered at a hospital and work part time as a math and science teacher. My application complete I received my application complete October 16, 2012.

If anyone has any specific questions regarding applications or interviews and wants some guidance, please private message me, I would be more than happy to share my experiences with you. I think if we all support one another, we will all eventually be successful. Best of luck to all.

Well maybe you are right then. I was thinking so as till now all the interview invitees that I have heard have been those between Sept and before to November..So probably, its a mixture of both i.e early applicants + strong applicants, which may then give way to late applicants + strong applicants, and then again early + next strongest and so on...till their interview slots are filled. :cool:

Hi dentical18. My stats are Part 1: Pass, TOEFL: 117, GPA: 3.68, extracurricular activites: I studied two years in a North American university for a Bachelor's before I did my dentistry, have been volunteering since I was about 14 years old in various health related positions, started up an NGO for dental awareness during my BDS, shadowed a dentist out here, volunteered at a hospital and work part time as a math and science teacher. My application complete I received my application complete October 16, 2012.

If anyone has any specific questions regarding applications or interviews and wants some guidance, please private message me, I would be more than happy to share my experiences with you. I think if we all support one another, we will all eventually be successful. Best of luck to all.

Thanks Sam99 . All the best :thumbup:

Well maybe you are right then. I was thinking so as till now all the interview invitees that I have heard have been those between Sept and before to November..So probably, its a mixture of both i.e early applicants + strong applicants, which may then give way to late applicants + strong applicants, and then again early + next strongest and so on...till their interview slots are filled. :cool:

Hi redzone555, they have started sending out the official interview emails today. As you were saying, these emails sent now are the generic, template you were describing. Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
colorado conducts interviews around what month?.any input will be appreciated.

Hello Sam99. Thank you for sharing your stats. As you said that you can provide guidance for applications and I have to private msg you, can u plz share where can I send you my msg. I want to get help from you. Thank you.

any idea about the wax part in the exam? what they ask for and how you prepare?
can someone help me please?

hello JM114 , there are people who do help for practicing on wax and teeth, they are great, this is the number to call 7205152049, ask for Michael, good luck

yes maria I know Dr.Michael he had been giving a course for many years i had been accepted in colorado and wait listed in Michigan God bless him :) i think he still had this number

hello JM114 , there are people who do help for practicing on wax and teeth, they are great, this is the number to call 7205152049, ask for Michael, good luck

Where can I find Dr. Michael. What is his position at the university?

yes maria I know Dr.Michael he had been giving a course for many years i had been accepted in colorado and wait listed in Michigan God bless him :) i think he still had this number

1- Do you have Dr. Michael's email address? What is his position at the Colorado University?

2- May I have your advice on how to do well on the interview and the bench test?

Dr.Michael has nothing to do with interview or acceptances and declines and even the materials and the preparations had nothing to do with the university and any illegal approach gonna be reported He just gonna help you to improve your skills and perform good

For the intervew be your self never lie and prepare well

For the bench exam take water and try to make good time mangement read the instructions carefully and good luck for everybody

Dr.Michael has nothing to do with interview or acceptances and declines and even the materials and the preparations had nothing to do with the university and any illegal approach gonna be reported He just gonna help you to improve your skills and perform good

For the intervew be your self never lie and prepare well

For the bench exam take water and try to make good time mangement read the instructions carefully and good luck for everybody

does colorado allow us to use water? i mean the handpiece with water coming out of it not just the three way. or is it dry without water from handpiece?

:) water to drink you got me wrong

:laugh::laugh: ya that definitely....but seriously do they have handpiece with water flow..or is it dry...dont know about others but for me that really makes a lot of difference in my prep.

guys, anybody knows where can I find a tutor to help on the bench exam
I have an interview soon and they ask for a bench exam,
thank you

Does anyone know where is the best place to buy a compressor ?:help please

Thank you Ramiz, i contacted danty dental group, everything is ok, they look they have a good intensive training program, i scheduled with them to do the course before the exam, i really want to be well prepared.

hey is there any1 in NY or NJ ready to help with bench exam prep except umdnj as that starts lil late.
please let me know asap.
thanks

All of you who r called for IV are done with part 2 or Colorado invites students with part 1 also?

All of you who r called for IV are done with part 2 or Colorado invites students with part 1 also?

of course they like people with part 2 more. but let me tell u something. last year I know many people who had part 1 only got accepted. if u have a good resume , part 1 is enough for sure.

hey anybody wants to share accomodation on 19th april in colorado. I am joining danty course.anybody willing to share let me know.

Is there still hope for more calls! Or are all invitations sent out already!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile

Does anyone know about those dental compressors on eBay from china? are they worth the money?
has any one tried them? I appreciate any help. Thanks

anybody interested in sharing accomodation in colorado denver for may 11th ,2013

how do they invite for interview? call, email or post?

okay. I sent them my application on the last day (April 1st) Any idea when they'll call me for the interview (if they do that is)

I have the same question!are they going to send out more interviews!! Or is that it for this year?

I called them and they said next week is the last week for any further interview invitations, after that it is all over..

I called them and they said next week is the last week for any further interview invitations, after that it is all over..

I asked them they said they send invites till May last week ....

what is the dress code for the interview?

just formals............for guyz.... a suit with tie on......

what about the bench exam?do we bring scrubs with us or what?