University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Woohoo!

QUOTE=artsygirl20;12002982]I just got an email this morning that I have been accepted for an interview to the UF St. Pete campus, the date TBD. I'm so thrilled! :D[/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad.

See you guys in Gainesville on the 20th! I'll be there.

So I interviewed on 1/12 and received my acceptance email on 1/13. Those gals in St. Petersburg sure move quick! Good luck to all those interviewing on 1/20.

Members don't see this ad :)
I finished all my supplemental stuff on the CoP website back in November, finished and submitted my PharmCAS mid-December, and just noticed that PharmCAS has mailed my application to UF on 1/17. Now starts the waiting game.

I have a composite 96th percentile on the PCAT, and my GPAs are 3.68 science, 3.67 math, and 3.07 overall. I have a BS in accounting from U South Florida and I'm a CPhT with three years experience in a pharmacy and 13 years retail experience overall. What do my chances sound like to you? I'm so much more nervous than I thought I would be.

I finished all my supplemental stuff on the CoP website back in November, finished and submitted my PharmCAS mid-December, and just noticed that PharmCAS has mailed my application to UF on 1/17. Now starts the waiting game.

I have a composite 96th percentile on the PCAT, and my GPAs are 3.68 science, 3.67 math, and 3.07 overall. I have a BS in accounting from U South Florida and I'm a CPhT with three years experience in a pharmacy and 13 years retail experience overall. What do my chances sound like to you? I'm so much more nervous than I thought I would be.

:thumbup::thumbup: Wow, both your numbers and work experiences are outstanding. I think you have a very good shot and will get an interview invite soon :D

I just was accepted so comparing you to me... Your PCAT, math, & science numbers are better than mine. I have a little more pharmacy experience and a few years of research experience on you. A long as you don't show up to the interview in pajamas or answer the "Why Pharmacy???" with "Well, I like drugs..." you should be fine ;)

Good luck to those interviewing at Gainesville campus tomorrow! :luck:

Accepted!!!! Wow that was fast! I only had my interview this afternoon, and received the email like 5 hours later! Great news! Thanks all on SDN for your invaluable guidance and tips along the way!:D

Do we only submit the supplemental / campus ranking form one time correct? even if we submitted our PharmCAS app to two different UF campuses by paying $50 for each

I hope my question makes sense :xf:

Thanks for your help.

Accepted!!!! Wow that was fast! I only had my interview this afternoon, and received the email like 5 hours later! Great news! Thanks all on SDN for your invaluable guidance and tips along the way!:D

Yes! I was at Gvill interview and an hour after my interview, I got my acceptance letter!!
At first I thought there must been an error or something!
I don't know if all the people there (there were about 40 ppl ish) got accepted.
Well, congrats to everyone who got accepted!!!

Yes! I was at Gvill interview and an hour after my interview, I got my acceptance letter!!
At first I thought there must been an error or something!
I don't know if all the people there (there were about 40 ppl ish) got accepted.
Well, congrats to everyone who got accepted!!!

That's a fast turn around :eek: It really seems like UF interviews people they intend to accept. Congrats to all accepted! Super excited to be your classmate :love:

Do we only submit the supplemental / campus ranking form one time correct? even if we submitted our PharmCAS app to two different UF campuses by paying $50 for each

I hope my question makes sense :xf:

Thanks for your help.

I did not know that PharmCAS fee would be charged twice for selecting two different campuses of UF.
But yes, you only submit the supplemental (which includes the campus ranking form at the end) once. Also, don't forget to submit the UF grad school application! Good luck :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
To all of you who were accepted, Congrats! :banana:, and welcome to the gator nation. I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Correct! don't worry about it. You just need to pay the fee once. Good luck in the application process.

Hello!

I've been lurking around this forum for the past few months seeing if I could find any new information I was unaware of concerning the UF interview process. I must say, this is a worthwhile site and everyone on here definitely helped ease my anxiety and stress during the interview. I just finished my interview on Friday, January 20th at the Gville campus and received my conditional letter of acceptance about an hour after leaving the HPNP complex at UF. If anyone has any questions or would like to know my stats, you are more than welcome to PM me. I'm more than happy to help!

Hello!

I've been lurking around this forum for the past few months seeing if I could find any new information I was unaware of concerning the UF interview process. I must say, this is a worthwhile site and everyone on here definitely helped ease my anxiety and stress during the interview. I just finished my interview on Friday, January 20th at the Gville campus and received my conditional letter of acceptance about an hour after leaving the HPNP complex at UF. If anyone has any questions or would like to know my stats, you are more than welcome to PM me. I'm more than happy to help!

Awesome, you might consider leaving interview feedback here:
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/?view=pharmacy

G8T0RGRL00 and youngator...

Thats what I tght...but I already e-submitted it and I choose "Univeristy of Florida, St.Pete." So does that mean, my app will only go to St.Pete campus? Because I initally thought for each campus it was $50 so I just choose one for time being and was thinking about choosing another campus after.

I hope I didnt make a stupid mistake. Ahh I am so nervous :( I hope I did it right.:xf: :xf:

Thats what I tght...but I already e-submitted it and I choose "Univeristy of Florida, St.Pete." So does that mean, my app will only go to St.Pete campus? Because I initally thought for each campus it was $50 so I just choose one for time being and was thinking about choosing another campus after.

I hope I didnt make a stupid mistake. Ahh I am so nervous :( I hope I did it right.:xf: :xf:

If I were you, I would call the school (especially gvill campus) and find out your status/ tell them your concern, rather than asking students and getting nervous.
From my own experiences, everyone is trying their best to get you in and into the place of your preference, not to fail you.

I was actually confused about that part too when I was selecting UF on PharmCAS. I ended up selecting Gville campus because it was the main campus and it was my first choice.
I definitely agree with pharmacist101 about calling. You can also try e-mailing Mrs. Yokomi.http://forums.studentdoctor.net/member.php?u=425377
http://www.cop.ufl.edu/2010/10/mary-beth-yokomi/

The most important fact is that you submitted your application on time, regardless of which campus you selected. If you submitted it recently, I would recommend you to check the status on pharmcas, and call or contact someone when it's been forwarded to UF. I know it is a stressful process, but try to keep a positive attitude. Good luck.

I'm extremely excited for all of you who have been accepted already...

I'm waiting anxiously for PharmCAS to mail my application...Is anyone aware of how long the school usually takes to go over an application once Pharmcaas has mailed it? I'm super hoping I can get an interview in February for the UF SP campus :)
Thanks

Luminitsa, Congratulations! I hope I get interviewed and accepted as well, and then we will be classmates :)

Hello all!

I have submitted my application to pharmcas in Nov, as well as my supplemental application to UF in Dec. According to pharmcas, they mailed my application to UF on Jan 17. Any idea on how much longer I have to wait to hear back about an interview? I'm so anxious! :eek:

This might be the wrong place to ask, but here it goes. I am planning to transfer to UF too once I finish my pre-reqs. My matriculation date is going to be Fall 2014. I am looking for a pre-pharmacy student organization but the school where I am taking my prereqs does not offer one. I really want to make my application stand out and was told that joining an organization like this is a huge plus. I see that UF has one but I am not a student there yet. Any way I might be able to be a member and if not any others that are in the area?

Thank you

(1) Does anyone know if the Lake Nona campus will definitely be completed for the fall of 2012?
(2) I have heard that there will be actual living facilities there for students. Seems that would be unlikely but does anyone know for sure?
thanks!

(1) Does anyone know if the Lake Nona campus will definitely be completed for the fall of 2012?
(2) I have heard that there will be actual living facilities there for students. Seems that would be unlikely but does anyone know for sure?
thanks!

(1) Yes. Dr. McKenzie said they're expecting the facility to be completed by the end of summer and it will definitely be ready for fall 2012 (they're also expanding the class size for orlando campus)

(2) First time hearing it...

hello all!

I have submitted my application to pharmcas in nov, as well as my supplemental application to uf in dec. According to pharmcas, they mailed my application to uf on jan 17. Any idea on how much longer i have to wait to hear back about an interview? I'm so anxious! :eek:

i got an interview!!! :hungover:

For all of those who have been accepted already, congrats!!
I just got an offer for an interview for the Orlando campus on 2/17, woo hoo! In the email I just received, they did not specify a time or any other details. It just said the date and that I would be there for about 3 hours. Are they going to send me another email with details?

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the UFID once you submit your professional application? Thanks :)

Got an interview in St Pete on 2/21. Excited but nervous. :D

For all of those who have been accepted already, congrats!!
I just got an offer for an interview for the Orlando campus on 2/17, woo hoo! In the email I just received, they did not specify a time or any other details. It just said the date and that I would be there for about 3 hours. Are they going to send me another email with details?

Congrats on your interview invite :) :luck:
Yes, you will get a reminder e-mail (info about time, location, etc) close to your interview week. UF CoP website says Orlando campus interview will be from 9am-2pm but I don't think it'll take that long.

So I also got the email today specifying that my interview will be on 2/21 for the St. Pete campus. I hope to see some of you all there! :D

I talked to my friend in class today who just had her interview last Friday for the Gainesville campus, she got her conditional acceptance right away afterwards by email. She told me it lasted from about 12pm-4pm :p--quite a long process!

Here are Facebook group links for UF CoP class of 2016 and some campus ones. If you're accepted, make sure to join and meet your classmates :)

UF CoP Class of 2016
https://www.facebook.com/groups/315756571797417/

UF CoP Gainesville campus (c/o 2016)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/289959027729276/

UF CoP St. Pete campus (c/o 2016)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/318831414821689/

Just to clear up a little confusion---to get into the FB groups, you need to go to the group page and there is a link at the top to request membership :)

Just to clear up a little confusion---to get into the FB groups, you need to go to the group page and there is a link at the top to request membership :)

Oops. Sorry about the confusion. Thanks LS12345! :thumbup:

Here are Facebook group links for UF CoP class of 2016 and some campus ones. If you're accepted, make sure to join and meet your classmates :)

UF CoP Class of 2016

The all campus page is a great idea!! I am a current 1PD and it is extremely helpful. I know our class and the class before ours has named it J.O.G.S...just a little suggestion :) Congrats on all of these acceptances!

Hey everyone! I recently submitted my supplemental/campus ranking application... Do you guys know of anyone in previous years who applied close to the deadline for submission? If so, did they get interviewed? I am feeling so much regret right now for submitting my supp so late in the game... I hope i get an interview. :(

expanding the class size? do you know how big? I'd think that would be bad. I've heard it's already a little disorganized... Guess I'll find out 2/17. I gave up waiting for an interview invite from UF, and now I got one.

Hey everyone! I recently submitted my supplemental/campus ranking application... Do you guys know of anyone in previous years who applied close to the deadline for submission? If so, did they get interviewed? I am feeling so much regret right now for submitting my supp so late in the game... I hope i get an interview. :(

I know someone who submitted fairly close to the deadline (the day before-ish) and still got admitted. There are still three more interview days (for the Gainesville campus) left in the cycle, so hopefully you'll get an invite to one of them (or to the regional choice of yours). Best of luck :luck:

expanding the class size? do you know how big? I'd think that would be bad. I've heard it's already a little disorganized... Guess I'll find out 2/17. I gave up waiting for an interview invite from UF, and now I got one.

(Assuming you're referring to my previous comment on the Orlando campus)
When I went to my interview in December, one of the interviewee asked Dr. McKenzie about the Lake Nano campus (whether it'll be ready by Fall 2012 or not) and Dr. McKenzie stated he's hoping to increase the class size by 20-30 people or so. But I don't think anything is official yet. :confused:
Congrats on your interview invite :thumbup:

UF CoP Class of 2016

UF CoP Orlando campus (c/o 2016)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/338575146165363/

Jacksonville FB group coming soon :D

I submitted on the actual deadline last year, got an interview date, and was accepted. If you submitted to Pharmcas and your supplemental to UF around the same time, Pharmcas will be the reason for your wait. I know the wait is hard, but if you submitted before the deadline, you should be fine. I would call UF to make sure they received everything.

I submitted on the actual deadline last year, got an interview date, and was accepted. If you submitted to Pharmcas and your supplemental to UF around the same time, Pharmcas will be the reason for your wait. I know the wait is hard, but if you submitted before the deadline, you should be fine. I would call UF to make sure they received everything.

@ gatorgal65, Thanks for the info. I sure did call them and they said my application was complete. Fingers crossed for the remaining time :xf:

For those of you who were accepted, congrats! And is there a deposit to pay? If so, how much & how long do you have to pay it? Thanks! :D

@ gatorgal65, Thanks for the info. I sure did call them and they said my application was complete. Fingers crossed for the remaining time :xf:

What do you mean your application is complete? Is it mailed out? Or did they already looked over it?

Also, who do you call to check up on your application?

Hey do you guys know when the transcript reviews get sent out? Or what they are exactly? Hope I don't have to take psych or something in the summer lol.

ps looking forward to meeting you guys and saying "ohhhh your so and so from SDN!"

Hey do you guys know when the transcript reviews get sent out? Or what they are exactly? Hope I don't have to take psych or something in the summer lol.

ps looking forward to meeting you guys and saying "ohhhh your so and so from SDN!"

I received mine about three weeks after I got the conditional acceptance.
It basically shows which pre-req courses are complete/incomplete. I don't think UF requires psych (at least not yet) so you're good :))))

I also look forward to meeting fellow SDNers in person :)