University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello All! :)

I was just wondering if anyone knew a good website for details on financing your PharmD (loans, fafsa, scholarships, etc). If I am accepted, I plan on quitting my job to focus completely on school, so I was wondering if I could take out loans large enough to cover tuition, as well as living expenses. Any type of info on this would be great! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!

First of all, congratulations to all those coming to UF this Fall! I was recently accepted to the college of medicine, and I've noticed a lot of interest from people looking to find roommates in other disciplines. I just created a "UF Professional Students Seeking Roommates" facebook group to give students of all kinds a place to connect. Also, if someone wouldn't mind posting this on the class of 2016 pharmacy fb group, that would be amazing. Thanks! If you're interested, please join!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/354152051269294/

And again...CONGRATULATIONS AND GO GATORS! :soexcited:

I submitted all my materials over Christmas break, and Pharmcas barely got it to UF by the deadline. I emailed them on Feb 1st to confirm and they finally had it all. Said it's under review and I'd hear back if I got an interview next week. I'm pretty nervous. I live in Jax so I put it as my first choice

I have an AA, an 84 PCAT and a 3.67 science (not counting my A in Org1 in the fall), a 3.78 math and a 3.48 overall. (some bad grades from 10 years ago on my transcript). I'm really hoping I get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if you mind sharing your stats, since you got an interview invite, I am pretty nervous I applied near the deadline so am not even sure if I will get an interview

I am sorry that was for frometa 1989

Sure,
I have an AA
PCAT: 76
Science gpa: 3.73
Overall gpa: 3.90
Volunteered in a pharmacy in a hospital for a few months
Worked in a retail pharmacy for almost a year

Good luck! Which campus are you applying to?

Sure,
I have an AA
PCAT: 76
Science gpa: 3.73
Overall gpa: 3.90
Volunteered in a pharmacy in a hospital for a few months
Worked in a retail pharmacy for almost a year

Good luck! Which campus are you applying to?

Thank you, my stats are like yours but I have a lower PCAT score. My first choice is the Orlando campus since I live here, I applied pretty late, round about the deadline so I am not sure if I will get an interview,very anxious, but thanks for the input

Are there many people here who got accepted with some credits left to finish? I plan on applying next year(summer time) after I take my PCAT. I would not have finish my AA until fall that year. How much does that affect my application compared to those who have finished their entire prereqs? Thanks

this. I'm sort of wondering how long it takes to hear if you got an interview from the time they have all your material.

I had all of my stuff submitted (pharmcas app, UF app, & UF COP supplemental app) on Dec 15... On Dec 21 they received all of my transcripts... On Jan 7 Pharmcas verified all my coursework & calculated my GPA... On Jan 17 they mailed my app to UF.. and on Jan 27 I got an email for an interview invitation :) Hope this helps!! Good luck!!

I emailed about orlando class size and someone from gainesville said the orlando group was gonna be bumped up to about 70 people, but nothing was firm. But there's a pdf out there...can't find it right now... that says 200 students. idk what to think. I keep remembering how crowded NOVA was and I hope UF isn't like that. Guess I'll find out the 17th. Anybody else interviewing this month? The orlando class of 2016 fb group says it already has 35 members though... so more than 35 slots are already gone... How many slots are left? I'm nervous cause my PCAT scores are not that great (74%).

I emailed about orlando class size and someone from gainesville said the orlando group was gonna be bumped up to about 70 people, but nothing was firm. But there's a pdf out there...can't find it right now... that says 200 students. idk what to think. I keep remembering how crowded NOVA was and I hope UF isn't like that. Guess I'll find out the 17th. Anybody else interviewing this month? The orlando class of 2016 fb group says it already has 35 members though... so more than 35 slots are already gone... How many slots are left? I'm nervous cause my PCAT scores are not that great (74%).

I went to the open house at the orlando campus & they said that the new location at lake nona was going to be bigger than the apopka location, so they were going to admit about 60-70 students, as opposed to the 50 they were accepting... I think the orlando campus has 200 students total, and that's where you might have gotten the 200 from... I also have an interview on the 17th, I'm so nervous! I'm in the same boat with you about the PCAT, I got a 76... I didn't know 35 slots were already taken, now I'm even more nervous!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had all of my stuff submitted (pharmcas app, UF app, & UF COP supplemental app) on Dec 15... On Dec 21 they received all of my transcripts... On Jan 7 Pharmcas verified all my coursework & calculated my GPA... On Jan 17 they mailed my app to UF.. and on Jan 27 I got an email for an interview invitation :) Hope this helps!! Good luck!!

I submitted everything in early January and it took pharmcas till the 23rd to calculate my GPA and add my stuff to the next mailing, though I don't think I got confirmation of the exact date it went out and when UF got it. I was told on Feb 1st they had it and it would be reviewed in committee this week. Haven't heard anything yet, getting super nervous. I've already gotten word from Mercer and South for interviews, but all quiet from UF.

I went to the open house at the orlando campus & they said that the new location at lake nona was going to be bigger than the apopka location, so they were going to admit about 60-70 students, as opposed to the 50 they were accepting... I think the orlando campus has 200 students total, and that's where you might have gotten the 200 from... I also have an interview on the 17th, I'm so nervous! I'm in the same boat with you about the PCAT, I got a 76... I didn't know 35 slots were already taken, now I'm even more nervous!!

http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolFloridapage.htm
This is not up-to-date for this cycle but it still gives you an idea.
Gainesville campus usually is the biggest so I don't think Orlando campus alone will admit 200 people. Also, anyone can join the fb group so it doesn't necessarily mean that those seats are already filled ;)
Good luck!! :luck::luck:

I submitted everything in early January and it took pharmcas till the 23rd to calculate my GPA and add my stuff to the next mailing, though I don't think I got confirmation of the exact date it went out and when UF got it. I was told on Feb 1st they had it and it would be reviewed in committee this week. Haven't heard anything yet, getting super nervous. I've already gotten word from Mercer and South for interviews, but all quiet from UF.

Your PharmCas tells you when it was mailed out.

I am a 1PD at the Orlando Campus, and I have around 59 classmates. We are a small group and very close. As for the members of the Orlando Campus Class of 2016 FB page, most of the members are my classmates or upperclassmen.

UF looks at the whole person, the entire application. I took the PCAT once, and my score was a 76. For a bigger picture: my science GPA - 3.44, no pharmacy experience, and plenty of work experience. I have a few classmates who had scores in the 60's.

My advice for the interview is to think of yourself in a situational context. Don't be afraid to take a few moments to reflect on the question and organize your thoughts. Remember you have already gotten the interview. The odds are in your favor. I know it is nerve-wracking (I remember how I felt!), but try to be calm and get to know your future classmates while you wait for your interview. You should also take advantage of the opportunity to ask questions. I will be at the Orlando Campus for interviews on the 17th, and I look forward to meeting you!

Just got an email inviting me to an interview in Jax next Friday.

Overall GPA 3.48 Science GPA 3.68 PCAT 84, listed Jax as my top choice for campus

When did you take your PCAT?

Has anyone that took the PCAT in January heard back from UF yet? My PCAT scores went through PharmCAS Feb. 7.

I contacted Ms. Yokomi last week to see if all my materials were received and she still hasn't responded to my email. Has anyone been successful in contacting her via email?

I took my PCAT in September. I emailed her on the deadline to confirm they received all my stuff and she replied telling me they had.

When did you take your PCAT?

Has anyone that took the PCAT in January heard back from UF yet? My PCAT scores went through PharmCAS Feb. 7.

I contacted Ms. Yokomi last week to see if all my materials were received and she still hasn't responded to my email. Has anyone been successful in contacting her via email?

When did PharmCas mail out your app? And what are your stats if you don't mind me asking.

When did PharmCas mail out your app? And what are your stats if you don't mind me asking.

PharmCAS mailed my application out January 23rd. The calculated GPA already included my Fall '11 transcripts.

Does anyone know the names of the women who gave the interviews at the Orlando campus today? I cannot remember the names of the two women who interviewed me. I cannot seem to find their pictures on UF's website. I know neither one of them were Dr. St. Onge.

Does anyone know the names of the women who gave the interviews at the Orlando campus today? I cannot remember the names of the two women who interviewed me. I cannot seem to find their pictures on UF's website. I know neither one of them were Dr. St. Onge.

Dr. Clayville has blond hair, and Tracy wears glasses and has darker hair. I do not know who else was giving interviews. Maybe Dr. Rose and Dr. Vandervoort?

Dr. Clayville has blond hair, and Tracy wears glasses and has darker hair. I do not know who else was giving interviews. Maybe Dr. Rose and Dr. Vandervoort?

It was not Dr. Clayville. It might have been Tracy Kuepper. UF's website doesn't have a picture of her, but she did have glasses and darker hair. Thanks!

It was not Dr. Clayville. It might have been Tracy Kuepper. UF's website doesn't have a picture of her, but she did have glasses and darker hair. Thanks!

I am having the same problem. I was interviewed by the same two women you were. I know one of the interviewers was Tracy Kuepper, but I cannot remember the name of the other one. If you find out, please let me know.

I am having the same problem. I was interviewed by the same two women you were. I know one of the interviewers was Tracy Kuepper, but I cannot remember the name of the other one. If you find out, please let me know.

Will do! I'm still looking all over UF's website but not having any luck.

Who do I email to check up on my application?

Hi guys,

For those that interview on 2/17......have you guys heard back yet? Last interview, some people heard back within hrs....I don't know if this is the same

The four women that gave interviews in Orlando on Friday were Dr. St. Onge, Dr. Rose, Dr. Clayville, and Ms. Kuepper!

Ahh, I'm so nervous for my interview tomorrow at the St. Pete campus, hope I get to hear fast--at least before March 1st for the USF interview...Did anyone hear that the USF COP is in danger of closing due to budgets next year? :(

Does anyone know what day the committee meets for the Gainesville campus?

I was told my application is complete and out for review by the committee... does anyone know how long that probably takes? It's so nerve racking...

anyone that interviewed 2/21 at st. pete hear back yet??? just wondering since last months interviewees found out the next day.

AWESOME! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:Don't forget to post in the roll call thread so I can include this awesomeness there!

I actually saw you guys at the interview (in the auditorium), but I didn't introduce myself, it seemed like y'all had plenty of people to talk to already. ;)

If you have any questions about what to expect specifically, feel free to ask. :)

Got accepted to the St. Pete campus, despite how bad I felt I did! lol :love:
Congrats to everyone else getting in too! :D