University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get an interview for March yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I'm a second year at the Orlando campus. I'll check on this thread from time to time to answer any questions you have, ranging from how tough is the curriculum to how much I love/hate my classmates.

For anyone worried about interviews, it was only a while ago that UF started interviewing because the ACPE forced them to. As long as you wear pants and don't come across as psycho you'll be fine.

Hey guys, I'm a second year at the Orlando campus. I'll check on this thread from time to time to answer any questions you have, ranging from how tough is the curriculum to how much I love/hate my classmates.

For anyone worried about interviews, it was only a while ago that UF started interviewing because the ACPE forced them to. As long as you wear pants and don't come across as psycho you'll be fine.

I am curious about the whole love/hate your classmates. At the open house and at the interview, everyone went on and on about how much they love their classmates and how everyone is so close, and they're all family, etc. Is it true, or were they all forced to say that against their will? :p

I feel like I've been waiting FOREVER!!!

Does anyone know when they are going to send out invitations for the March interview?

Interviewed at Gainesville campus last Friday, received conditional admission Monday morning! Can't wait to meet the other 2016 1PD's! :)

Had my interview in Jax on Friday. I feel it went really, really well. Now I wait and freak out whenever my phone chimes with an email.

Had my interview in Jax on Friday. I feel it went really, really well. Now I wait and freak out whenever my phone chimes with an email.

Just got my conditional acceptance to Jacksonville!

I feel like I've been waiting FOREVER!!!

Does anyone know when they are going to send out invitations for the March interview?

Same here... I contacted Beth Yokomi and she told me on Feb. 14 that my application is complete and the committee will review it the following week. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like that has happened yet... :/

Hey I just got the email inviting me to the March interview for Gainesville campus! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
may i ask if you dont mind what your stats are????

i also have an interview on march 23 @ gainesville

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone was aware of some decent apartment complexes near the UF JAX campus? Thanks alot!

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone was aware of some decent apartment complexes near the UF JAX campus? Thanks alot!

I live in Jacksonville. Send me your budget as a PM (living alone, or with a roomate etc) Generally you dont want to live near Shands where the campus is. It's not a great area. You'll want to live somewhere with easy access to I10 or 95 so you can have a short commute. I dont know specific complexes, but I can suggest certain areas to look in.

If any St. Peters are seeking roommates for August, please contact me. Looking for a quiet and neat person.

I am curious about the whole love/hate your classmates. At the open house and at the interview, everyone went on and on about how much they love their classmates and how everyone is so close, and they're all family, etc. Is it true, or were they all forced to say that against their will? :p
Sorry I haven't checked back in awhile, kinda slipped my mind with school recently. Yeah we definitely all hate each other, the profs promised extra credit for misleading you guys.

:laugh: Nah we're all one big brady bunch but it varies by your class attitude and how outgoing everyone is. I can only speak for Orlando but a good portion of the 1's, 2's, and 3's all go out together regularly. As a member of Kappa Psi (shameless plug) we are literally doing a ton of stuff together every week. We've got a softball team, kickball team, and have trips/socials often. Make sure to check us out when you're on campus.

If you have any urgent questions, PM me so it'll alert me thru e-mail, otherwise I'll keep checking in from time to time and congratulations on becoming a Gator!

I agree with the above. Yes, we are all very close. It just isn't worth it not to be, we see each other far to much to not get along. Other classes have had that problem, but we have always been fortunate in my class. :)

I have an interview on the 23rd at Gainesville.

My Science GPA was 3.59 and my PCAT score was 98.

Has anyone here heard back from the March 16th interviews?

I'm in too! My email was waiting for me when I got home from the interview that was soo fast.

Last edited:
So question for those who are admitted, are we supposed to print and fill out all the forms by hand, then scan and submit the images? or just type in all the info and submit the document itself?

So question for those who are admitted, are we supposed to print and fill out all the forms by hand, then scan and submit the images? or just type in all the info and submit the document itself?

Anyone?

Well, you have to print them out and scan them because there is no highlighted fields you can fill out in the first place.

I think the latest version of Adobe lets you write directly on the PDF file. So I used the writing tool on the forms and saved them as pdf and uploaded them on dropbox (I scanned my signature so I could include that on the signature line electronically). But printing and scanning the forms will work as well.
I believe you have to print out the intern application and mail it directly to the pharmacy office (not sure if to regional campus or to the main Gainesville campus). Hope this helps :)

For anyone who started UFCOP within the past couple of years...how are you paying for school? Does UF have good loans? If so, could you provide details about them. Or if you got them from a bank or alternate source, could you share your experience? I have a feeling tuition will only continue to rise... :p

Has anyone heard back yet from March 30 in Jacksonville?

I have not, I was kinda expecting it today since it's been a week.

Has anybody here applied/considering University of South Florids (USF)?

I have not, I was kinda expecting it today since it's been a week.

Same here. It's unfortunate that people heard back in a day or two (some even the same day!) and we are stuck waiting over a week. :/

Same here. It's unfortunate that people heard back in a day or two (some even the same day!) and we are stuck waiting over a week. :/

Wait, do you know of anyone from our interview date that has already heard back, or are you referring to previous interviews (that were shared on this thread)?

Wait, do you know of anyone from our interview date that has already heard back, or are you referring to previous interviews (that were shared on this thread)?

I do not know anyone from the March 30 interviews in Jacksonville that have heard back. I was referring to the other posts in this thread, which made me expect to hear a lot earlier..

I do not know anyone from the March 30 interviews in Jacksonville that have heard back. I was referring to the other posts in this thread, which made me expect to hear a lot earlier..

Same here :/

Does any one have an idea about what kind of questions do they ask in the interview?