University of Florida COM Gainesville: Tuition Fee?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viciouz

WesternU 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else encountered this?

This was not stated on vsas, but there is a 800 dollar WEEKLY fee for OSTEOPATHIC STUDENTS!

"Effective August 1, 2012, there will be a weekly rotation fee of $800 for students from Osteopathic schools who are approved to complete rotations at UF COM. Students who received approval for their rotation requests prior to 8/1/12 will be exempt from paying. This fee is similar to the cost to UF COM students for comparable credit. Additional information will be provided regarding how and where to submit payment. Payment for the rotation must be made no later than 7 days prior to the start date for which you are approved. This rotation fee applies to all departments in the College of Medicine and has been implemented due to State budget cuts. This will affect students from osteopathic schools and students from non-LCME accredited schools with whom we do not have a formal exchange agreement. "

I applied to do a Anesthesia Elective... but paying 3200 for a 4 week elective doesn't seem worth it anymore to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else encountered this?

This was not stated on vsas, but there is a 800 dollar WEEKLY fee for OSTEOPATHIC STUDENTS!

"Effective August 1, 2012, there will be a weekly rotation fee of $800 for students from Osteopathic schools who are approved to complete rotations at UF COM. Students who received approval for their rotation requests prior to 8/1/12 will be exempt from paying. This fee is similar to the cost to UF COM students for comparable credit. Additional information will be provided regarding how and where to submit payment. Payment for the rotation must be made no later than 7 days prior to the start date for which you are approved. This rotation fee applies to all departments in the College of Medicine and has been implemented due to State budget cuts. This will affect students from osteopathic schools and students from non-LCME accredited schools with whom we do not have a formal exchange agreement. "

I applied to do a Anesthesia Elective... but paying 3200 for a 4 week elective doesn't seem worth it anymore to me.

well that sounds like a bunch of bull****. I'm not paying $3200 for an audition rotation.