University of Florida COP Reacting to Pharmacy Oversaturation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axelz165

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://pharmacy.ufl.edu/2014/08/12/...-class-size-improve-student-to-faculty-ratio/

UF is not only reducing it's class sizes in the upcoming years, it's completley phasing out one of it's satellite campuses (St. Petersburg). Hopefully other schools will follow suit within the coming years.

Also on a personal note sucks for me. Just got accepted into UF St. Pete and will be the FINAL class to go thorugh -_-;

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
It has finally started. I hope most pharmacy schools take heed And start doing the same thing.

wow! that's nice! Hope all the other schools follow UF. Lots of people have been complaining about new schools, but not many people talked about the old ones that kept opening satellite campuses which is pretty bad too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually UF is a very prestigious/top-ranked pharmacy school. I wish it were some other diploma mill schools that first started shrinkage.

Reactions: 1 users
Actually UF is a very prestigious/top-ranked pharmacy school. I wish it were some other diploma mill schools that first started shrinkage.

While it's prestigious, it's still part of the extreme oversaturation of pharmacists in Florida. They have over a hundred students at the main campus and 40+ at each of the 3 satellite campuses it runs. Adding in LECOM, Nova, FIU, USF, and FAMU just adds way too much pharmbloat. Hopefully the rest of them follow suit.

Reactions: 1 user
While it's prestigious, it's still part of the extreme oversaturation of pharmacists in Florida. They have over a hundred students at the main campus and 40+ at each of the 3 satellite campuses it runs. Adding in LECOM, Nova, FIU, USF, and FAMU just adds way too much pharmbloat. Hopefully the rest of them follow suit.
Replace fiu with PBA

Agreed. UF>>>>

But hopefully others follow suit.

Just read this yesterday. I think its a good move by UF and hopefully more institutions will take notice and follow. St Pete class of 2018 must be letting out a sign of relief being the last graduating class before it closes down.

Just read this yesterday. I think its a good move by UF and hopefully more institutions will take notice and follow. St Pete class of 2018 must be letting out a sign of relief being the last graduating class before it closes down.

Its a mixed bag. Grateful for the opportunity but a little worried about the instructor quality and extracurricular opportunities gradually declining as class size dwindles. Also we won't be able to be a mentor ti incoming PD1s :(