University of Georgia COP c/o 2020 (Entering Fall 2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

This thread is for the University of Georgia College of Pharmacy fall 2016 applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted 9/8....also waiting for e-verification. Do you go to UGA?

Yes I go to UGA. I will probably be there tomorrow. Are you going? Where do you go to school?

Are you applying to any other pharmacy schools besides UGA?

Just UGA and Mercer for now. Please post in here when PharmCAS verifies your GPA so I can get an idea of how long it will take!

Have you heard anything from pharmcas about GPA verification?

No I haven't. How about you?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you applying to mercer and university of Georgia... what are your stats? Pcat score? GPA? Pharm experience? I will be applying out of state and heard University of Georgia was hard to get into ?..

Just got an email today with an interview invite. I was shocked as I am out of state and I saw somewhere that UGA accepts ~2% out of state.

@jaymin8 congratulations!!! That's awesome! Do you mind me asking what your stats are (GPA, PCAT, etc)? Also when did you submit your application?

~3.5 cgpa and sgpa
89% composite PCAT
I submitted my application early August.

@rxuga2016 No not yet. I submitted 9/1 (transcript was received 8/25). I'm hoping that it will be verified soon!

@rxuga2016 No not yet. I submitted 9/1 (transcripts were received 8/25). I'm hoping that it will be verified soon!.

I am worried now because I just submitted my app today (9/29) and my transcript is not even received by PharmCAS... hope you hear back from them soon

I am worried now because I just submitted my app today (9/29) and my transcript is not even received by PharmCAS... hope you hear back from them soon

Thanks @rxuga2016. Hope your verification process is quicker than mine. I really wish I submitted my app earlier..

Reactions: 1 user
@rxuga2016 I submitted PharmCAS and supplemental on 9/8. Transcripts received on 7/27 and 8/12. I'm still waiting for the verification though. Congrats to those of you who received an interview invite!

@PharmCharmer Where do you go to school? Also, if you submitted your application in early august, how long did it take for PharmCAS to verify your GPA?

I have a quick question, I know that until pharmcas receive my official PCAT score and verify my gpa, schools will not get my application. Those this apply to references? Will UGA not look at my app and give me interview invite if my reference letters are not submitted?

@rxuga2016 UGA only considers GPA and PCAT scores when determining who gets an interview. They take your GPA and multiply it by 25 and then add your PCAT score to that number. If that number totals out to be around or above 150, then you will probably get an interview. After your interview is when they look at other factors (references, extracurricular activities, etc) in addition to GPA and PCAT. If you are still confused, you should try calling Susan Herda in the admissions office at UGA. She's super nice and helpful!

I knew about the formula, because I already met Susan Herda and also Dr. Wolfgang one on one. I was just wondering if my pharmcas application would not be considered as complete, and because of that Pharmcas will not send my app or something. But Thank you anyways!

Okay thanks! Do you mind me asking your stats? (GPA, PCAT, etc.)

Hi guys, I will have my interview on Nov. 5th. Any tips?

Last edited:
Hi guys I have an interview with UGA on Tuesday 10/27. I was wondering if any of you knew how that 2+2 program worked? Is it mandatory that you have to do your last 2 years away from Athens? I'm from out of state and my wife is relocating with me so halving to move again would be a problem. Thanks for your help.

Hi K-poppin and nupe4life, congratulations on the interview. Would you mind disclosing what your GPA and PCAT are? Thanks :)

Hi K-poppin and nupe4life, congratulations on the interview. Would you mind disclosing what your GPA and PCAT are? Thanks :)
My cumulative gpa is 3.4, but my science gpa is 2.9. I am an undergrad at Mercer which has an unnecessarily hard science curriculum in my opinion. I don't know if they considered that for my application. My PCAT is 87 composite.

My pcat composite was 82 but I scored in the in the mid 90th percentile in chemistry and biology. My gpa is about 3.1. Can anyone shed more light on the 2+2 program?

@Nupe4life04 The 2+2 program is not mandatory. Many people choose to spend all four years in Athens. I believe you rank where you want to be after your second year during the admissions interview. You have the option of going to Augusta, Albany, Savannah (maybe Columbus too), or staying in Athens. However, I have talked to some pharmacy students that chose Athens for their third and fourth year and then they ranked again at the beginning of their third year for where they want to spend their fourth year rotations. For the fourth year rotations, I think you have the option of Athens, Augusta, Albany, Savannah, Columbus, or Atlanta. I hope this helps answer your question.

I just got my interview invite too! I'm so relieved.