University of Georgia COP c/o 2020 (Entering Fall 2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been looking on the SDN forums for awhile as well as following this, but I got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday and UGA is my first choice!! Looking forward to seeing everyone in the fall! Also I live in Athens which is why I got my letter so quickly
Congratulations! Do you mind telling me your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! Do you mind telling me your stats?

Thanks everyone! My stats were:

Verbal Ability: 96
Biology: 51
Reading Comprehension: 93
Quantitative Ability: 49
Chemistry: 91
Composite: 88

and my GPA was 3.7. I also submitted my application mid-september

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my application about a month ago and these are my stats:
PCAT Composite:64
GPA:4.0
What do ya'll think my chances are? I have already been accepted at South University in Savannah, but I would prefer UGA. Any advice/thoughts appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone! My stats were:

Verbal Ability: 96
Biology: 51
Reading Comprehension: 93
Quantitative Ability: 49
Chemistry: 91
Composite: 88

and my GPA was 3.7. I also submitted my application mid-september

I have very similar stat as you, so hopefully I will get the letter tomorrow..
Do you have any prior pharmacy experiences?

I submitted my application about a month ago and these are my stats:
PCAT Composite:64
GPA:4.0
What do ya'll think my chances are? I have already been accepted at South University in Savannah, but I would prefer UGA. Any advice/thoughts appreciated.
Do you know about the 4x(GPA)+ PCAT equation they use? Basically, if the score is above 150 they invite you for an interview. I feel like anyone who can secure an interview basically is 50% guaranteed to be admitted considering they interview about 400 and accept about 200.

Just got my acceptance letter! Also doing Savannah for years 3 & 4!

Reactions: 4 users
Augusta. I dont live in GA. I havefeeling yall allget in soquitaworrying. Have u guys applied to top 20 pharmacyschools and look knto them bezidez uga?

I have very similar stat as you, so hopefully I will get the letter tomorrow..
Do you have any prior pharmacy experiences?

Only minimal experience, I shadowed a family friend that happened to be a pharmacist in the really small town that I'm from

Reactions: 1 users
PCAT: 84
Cumulative GPA: 3.1
1 year of experience working in a retail pharmacy

Anybody got the letter today? Still nothing for me.. I guss I'll just wait for February.

I haven't received a letter yet and I live in Athens. I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

PCAT: 98
Cumulative GPA: 3.9

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received a letter yet and I live in Athens. I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

PCAT: 98
Cumulative GPA: 3.9

Wow! You should have definitely gotten in! It's crazy that you didn't. Maybe the mail is unusually slow? Hmmmm

I haven't gotten anything yet either.

Wow! You should have definitely gotten in! It's crazy that you didn't. Maybe the mail is unusually slow? Hmmmm

I haven't gotten anything yet either.

I'm hoping that's the case. I felt confident after my interview, but I'm beginning to think I bombed it. I also didn't finish the essay at the interview, so I wonder if that could've severely impacted my chances.
Do you mind posting your stats?

I'm hoping that's the case. I felt confident after my interview, but I'm beginning to think I bombed it. I also didn't finish the essay at the interview, so I wonder if that could've severely impacted my chances.
Do you mind posting your stats?

Yeah I thought I did well on the interview too. This is really strange.

Mine are: Gpa: 3.2 and PCAT :92

I thought I did pretty good at interview too.. With your stats you should have gotten in immediately.

My stat is not as good as your s with, but honestly I thought I could get int this round

Last edited:
I got the letter!! Feel so relieved :)

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you!! If you guys have any other address listed on PharmCAS, check that mailbox too, as mine was sent to the secondary address I entered!
I hope to see y'all in August :)

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone still waiting? we need wait feb?

Has anyone applying RD received an interview offer yet?

Anyone know how many people they have accepted? I got my application in late (before the deadline) but I have a ~3.4 cumulative GPA and a 78 composite score. Do I still have a chance to get an interview?

Anyone know how many people they have accepted? I got my application in late (before the deadline) but I have a ~3.4 cumulative GPA and a 78 composite score. Do I still have a chance to get an interview?

I think ~30 have been accepted

my PharmCAS verification is taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Just got my interview e-mail! I think I'm in one of the last interview slots. Does anyone know when UGA typically sends out acceptance letters after the final round of interviews?

The bulk of UGA's acceptance letters go out the first week in April. Hope that helps!

Is anyone interviewing on March 1st?

What questions did y'all ask at the end of your interview?

I have an interview for 2-11-16!!! Any advice from anyone would be appreciated. UGA is where I have always wanted to go!

im interviewing in upcoming days too, ANY sort of advice would help!~~super nervous.

Last edited:
Just got my acceptance letter to UGA!! I'm so relieved and excited!

So for those who interviewed in Oct/Nov but didn't get the letter in the first round!! There is hope....

Mine was dated 2/5 and I received it today 2/9. I live in the Atlanta area just in case anyone wants to know the timeline

So for those who interviewed in Oct/Nov but didn't get the letter in the first round!! There is hope....

Mine was dated 2/5 and I received it today 2/9. I live in the Atlanta area just in case anyone wants to know the timeline
GO GO!

I got my acceptance letter yesterday! I also interviewed in Oct.

I got my acceptance letter yesterday! I also interviewed in Oct.

That's awesome! Congrats! I remember you and I were waiting back in December for it to arrive. So glad it came in finally.

Yayyyy! More classmates :happy:

Was anyone asked what you are planning to do if you don't get into pharmacy school during your interview?

Would it be inappropriate to ask how many spots are left in specific 2+2 locations during my interview?

Would it be inappropriate to ask how many spots are left in specific 2+2 locations during my interview?

I personally would not ask that. It might come across as trying to gain undue advantage. My personal philosophy is to err on the side of caution during school/job interviews. Plus, if you even slightly feel it might be inappropriate, then it probably is.

Btw, going over the interview feedback page on SDN for individual schools really helped me prepare for interviews.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

For those of you that mailed your seat deposit, could you please tell me how long it took for UGA to receive and/or cash it?

Thanks!

I personally would not ask that. It might come across as trying to gain undue advantage. My personal philosophy is to err on the side of caution during school/job interviews. Plus, if you even slightly feel it might be inappropriate, then it probably is.

Btw, going over the interview feedback page on SDN for individual schools really helped me prepare for interviews.

You're probably right. Thank you for your advice!

I agree. SDN has been very helpful so far!

does anyone know when the next round of admission decisions will be made? I had my interview 2nd week of Feb.

does anyone know when the next round of admission decisions will be made? I had my interview 2nd week of Feb.
Last week of March or 1st week of April I think.