University of Hartford (PsyD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jon4PsyD

Go Red Sox
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any opinions on this program? It's never talked about on this board. They have a Child/Adoloescent track so I'm very interested.

But again, it's been around for awhile and you never hear much about it, it also received it's lowest amount of applications in 5 years...

Jon

Members don't see this ad.

This program is awefully expensive.

Year 1-3:
  • Fall 2006 tuition: $8.450 (9-14 credits)
  • Spring 2007 tuition: $8.450 (9-14 credits)
  • Summer 2007 tuition: $4225 (6-7 credits)
Any additional credits above the maximum are $775 per credit hour.

Year 4 and above:
  • Internship fee
    Fall 2006/Spring 2007: $250 per semester
  • Dissertation continuance fee:
    Fall 2006/Spring 2007: $1000 per semester
  • Summer 2007: $500

Year 4 and above:
  • Internship fee
    Fall 2006/Spring 2007: $250 per semester
  • Dissertation continuance fee:
    Fall 2006/Spring 2007: $1000 per semester
  • Summer 2007: $500

What's a "dissertation continuance" fee?

Members don't see this ad :)
it also received it's lowest amount of applications in 5 years...

Jon

I'm no expert, but I think they have a decent sixth year degree program. Maybe some people going there are opting for the 6th year option instead of the PsyD?

I'd be interested in hearing some more opinions on this program as well, besides the $ factor.

Thanks...

Basing it on my interview experience alone, it looks like a solid program. I got a good vibe from faculty and students. I just don't know how I feel about moving to Hartford!

Well Connecticut is a great satte believe it or not. Luckily the school is in West Hsrtford (a very nice small town) not Hartford itself, which is a trafffic/safety/public transportation nightmare.

Jon

My response might have been perceived wrong - I think CT is lovely :) If I were to move to Hartford, I would not be as close to my friends/family that I would be to other schools that I got accepted. That's my main concern. I thought West Hartford looked quite nice, and am familiar with CT towns off 95.

My response might have been perceived wrong - I think CT is lovely :) If I were to move to Hartford, I would not be as close to my friends/family that I would be to other schools that I got accepted. That's my main concern. I thought West Hartford looked quite nice, and am familiar with CT towns off 95.

You won't have time to see them that much if they lived closer, so no worries! :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Any opinions on this program? It's never talked about on this board. They have a Child/Adoloescent track so I'm very interested.

But again, it's been around for awhile and you never hear much about it, it also received it's lowest amount of applications in 5 years...

Jon

My dad made a good point as I was comparing some application #s of the schools I got into. Regarding Hartford, the number of applications might be lower not because of disinterest in the program itself, but just based on making those initial first calls on geographic location. As I've said already in this thread, I'm not knocking CT :p, but students across the country might be likely to pick programs near major cities. For someone like me from NY or someone like you from MA, Hartford might make more sense to explore versus a school we haven't heard of in farther states. Does that make sense?

This is about half the price of some other programs I've seen...Pace, for example, is $43,000/year...

I am a first year PsyD student at Hartford..if anyone wants any further information, feel free to PM me :)

Anyone have any more recent input on this school in terms of funding, faculty, experiences, etc? I like this school's placement and licensure rates a lot but I'm struggling to find much info on it outside of their website.

That's not thrilling and considering they are vague on their site about what funding looks like exactly is concerning