University of Hawaii at Hilo College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow first time I heard of that.. How is it and did they say why they needed a second interview ?

they didn't mention the reason. I was interviewed by Dr. Lara Gomez and Dr. Kendra Demaris. They basically go through around 10 simple questions. It was ok I think.

Members don't see this ad.

they didn't mention the reason. I was interviewed by Dr. Lara Gomez and Dr. Kendra Demaris. They basically go through around 10 simple questions. It was ok I think.

oh wow goodluck!

Skype interview sounds pretty intense but glad it went okay for you. Did they tell you when you will hear back? Do they normally do this second skype interviewing?? It doesn't really say on the school website for the interview/application process..

Anyway goodluck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got placed on alternate list. Did anyone get the same response?
I got accepted but considering passing the offer. Hopefully y'all will get in soon!!! Good luck!

Does anyone know if there is facebook group for class of 2018? Anyone looking at housing yet?

doesn't look like it. I've been Accepted as well as an OOS. It looks like I will be attending too! I couldnt find a facebook page. nice er, koala. btw.

Yea it's a closed group, but kristy is really good about adding people.

doesn't look like it. I've been Accepted as well as an OOS. It looks like I will be attending too! I couldnt find a facebook page. nice er, koala. btw.
It's a grumpy dog lol did u get added to the group yet?

I have a question for current OOS DKICP students:

How hard is it to establish a residency in Hawaii? I'm OOS and really have an intention to live in Hawaii after graduating. I know some schools work with OOS students from year 1 and help them with establishing state residency. However, after researching information on website, I got this feeling that it would be almost impossible to become Hawaii resident when I move to Hawaii initially to attend school. How realistic is it for an OOS to become a Hawaii resident? Do many OOS students apply to become Hawaii residents while in school?

I have a question for current OOS DKICP students:

How hard is it to establish a residency in Hawaii? I'm OOS and really have an intention to live in Hawaii after graduating. I know some schools work with OOS students from year 1 and help them with establishing state residency. However, after researching information on website, I got this feeling that it would be almost impossible to become Hawaii resident when I move to Hawaii initially to attend school. How realistic is it for an OOS to become a Hawaii resident? Do many OOS students apply to become Hawaii residents while in school?

It's impossible unless you move there ahead of time (i.e., a year), work there and aren't enrolled in school. You'll be paying OOS tuition for all four years, unless something's changed in the past year.

Members don't see this ad :)
It has not changed. You would have to live here a year prior to the start as stated above.

Hey guys, did anyone on the alternate list get pulled off yet? I just got an alternate list email this morning... :((

Hey everyone! I was pulled off from the wait list yesterday and I interviewed late February. I have to make my decision within 7 days. I live across the country and am kind of torn. I definitely would want to live on the campus in housing since I'm not familiar with the area, is anyone else still looking for housing as well?

Hey everyone! I was pulled off from the wait list yesterday and I interviewed late February. I have to make my decision within 7 days. I live across the country and am kind of torn. I definitely would want to live on the campus in housing since I'm not familiar with the area, is anyone else still looking for housing as well?
I would suggest joining the fb group to find others looking for housing. I'm moving across the country from D.C and I was able to figure out my housing situation by joining the fb group and finding roommates. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1377309122506533/

I interviewed way back in february or march and was put on the alternate list. Just at the beginning of June I got a letter giving me 5 days to accept or deny my seat as I was pulled off of the waiting list. I declined. I've been accepted to a few other schools and have already made deposit and living arrangements for one of them. Best of Luck to you all! I hope someone else will greatly benefit from that seat.

Hey just got an acceptance letter. Is anyone looking for a place to live or have any suggestions?

Reactions: 1 user