University of Houston C/O 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My thinking is that they just fill up their spaces more because I'm sure there are many applicants that want to be close to home and the proximity to the tmc might be a factor in many people's decisions. That's definitely one of my top reasons for wanting to go to UH!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder how many seats are available!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
While I was at the interview, I vaguely remember talking to someone about our classes during the first semester being 1-5pm Monday-Thursday. Did anyone else get the same information? Im trying to decide if I'm going to commute from Spring or not and that timing would be idle for commuting.. Thanks!

While I was at the interview, I vaguely remember talking to someone about our classes during the first semester being 1-5pm Monday-Thursday. Did anyone else get the same information? Im trying to decide if I'm going to commute from Spring or not and that timing would be idle for commuting.. Thanks!
I heard the same thing

I was looking on the website and found this! http://www.uh.edu/pharmacy/_documents/students/pharmd/p1-uhcop-course-schedule-4-9-14.pdf
so last year that was the schedule.. I hope it's the same for this year because that would save me so much time and money.
It should be the same this year. The official course listing will be posted on March 23rd, and we should be able to register for classes the first weekend in april since we are grad students! They will probably keep P1s in the afternoon and P2s in the morning until they open up the new building in 2017.

So for those of you who were accepted and have access to your myuh account, the course listing for fall 2015 has been posted (earlier than expected!), so you can start adding classes to your shopping cart. Official registration for pharmacy students starts on April 5th!

San786- the schedule is similar to the one last year, the classes are still in the afternoon, but there are a few minor changes.

Me too! lol
So does that mean UH is harder to get in than Tech?
I thought they are in about the same level...
I lived in Amarillo for 5 1/2 years and here's my thoughts. Tech isn't as hard to get into because no one wants to live in Amarillo. I've even heard of a shortage of pharmacists because people leave as soon as their done with school. Personally, I loved Amarillo and I've lived all over the country. I was really sad to leave, but UH and Houston was the right place for me.

I have access to myuh account but I don't see a course schedule... help? :/
So for those of you who were accepted and have access to your myuh account, the course listing for fall 2015 has been posted (earlier than expected!), so you can start adding classes to your shopping cart. Official registration for pharmacy students starts on April 5th!

San786- the schedule is similar to the one last year, the classes are still in the afternoon, but there are a few minor changes.

I have access to myuh account but I don't see a course schedule... help? :/
if you go to self service, then pick enrollment. After that click on add classes, and it should pop up as fall 2015 pharmacy.

if you go to self service, then pick enrollment. After that click on add classes, and it should pop up as fall 2015 pharmacy.
ok I see! Do you know where I can find the class numbers we need to add?

ok I see! Do you know where I can find the class numbers we need to add?
If you go to pharmacy.uh.edu and click on current students/PharmD, then click on curriculum, it has all the classes and numbers listed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have the overall class schedules through P1 to P4?

Does anyone have the overall class schedules through P1 to P4?

If you mean like lecture schedules, P1 lectures are in the afternoon with labs in the morning (Mon-Thu), P2 lecture are in the morning with labs in the afternoon (usually mon-fri), P3 I believe is mainly mornings but can sometimes go into the afternoon (mon-fri), and p4 is all day everyday (mon-fri) since you are on rotations.

I just gave up my spot so good luck and I hope it goes to a great person!

Reactions: 1 users
About how many days did it take for UH to receive the papers needed to secure your spot in the class? I was out of town when I received my offer and can't mail it out until tomorrow and I'm nervous it might be too late. Do you think turning it into the office physically is an option instead of mail?

You have to respond within 7 days of the email. You can take in all the paperwork.

About how many days did it take for UH to receive the papers needed to secure your spot in the class? I was out of town when I received my offer and can't mail it out until tomorrow and I'm nervous it might be too late. Do you think turning it into the office physically is an option instead of mail?

You have to respond within 7 days of the email. You can take in all the paperwork.
Yeah I know. Okay I'll do that. Seems better than express mail because I have bad luck with usps hah thanks for your help!