University of Houston C/O 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

72ambo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here we go guys! Good luck to all applying this year!

Members don't see this ad.

What are everyone's stats? Im applying ED after finishing one year of college.

3.3 GPA
92 composite PCAT
1 year pharmacy tech
Good amount of EC

I'm also applying early decision. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thats great! You should get in!
I have 8 months pharm tech experience
3.59 GPA
38 hrs EC
Take the PCAT in sept

Nice job! Just pull off a solid PCAT score and your set. Are you already at UH? Or is the fall your first semester?

Ive been here a year and a half, i hope i can pull off a good PCAT score. Im nervous about my volunteer hours though:/

I have 55 volunteer hours. I should be able to get another 20 before I submit my application. I'll probably submit it early next week. I believe UH only requires 25 hours so you should be fine.

Hey guys I'm a current PharmD student at UH (P1), and I would love to answer and any questions you might have about applying, interviewing, or about UH/UHCOP in general. Good luck to those of you applying this cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Romaniangirl,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support. I was reading through the post you started last year, which prompted me to start this one. Great way to collaborate and build friendships with some of your potential class mates. As questions arise I will definitely shoot them your way. How was your first year?

Hello Romaniangirl,

Thank you so much for your kind words and support. I was reading through the post you started last year, which prompted me to start this one. Great way to collaborate and build friendships with some of your potential class mates. As questions arise I will definitely shoot them your way. How was your first year?

Technically, we haven't started yet :) Orientation is in two weeks! Very exciting stuff! We are getting all the emails about uploading immunizations, buying required items, and filling out last minute paperwork.

Haha oh yeah that's right. That's awesome, good luck with your first semester.

I'm applying early decision here too! 3.5 GPA, 99 composite PCAT, lots of EC hours but I only have volunteer experience in a pharmacy, never worked. I don't have pharm tech certification so I hope that won't hurt me too much :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying early decision here too! 3.5 GPA, 99 composite PCAT, lots of EC hours but I only have volunteer experience in a pharmacy, never worked. I don't have pharm tech certification so I hope that won't hurt me too much :/
Thats great! You should get in, as long as you have so sort of pharmacy experience whether a tech or volunteering. Your other stats are great also, you will be fine, im sure! :)

Thats great! You should get in, as long as you have so sort of pharmacy experience whether a tech or volunteering. Your other stats are great also, you will be fine, im sure! :)
I hope so! I'm sure you'll be fine too! :) have you already submitted your application? I'm not sure how early I should submit it so there's enough time for them to process it...

I hope so! I'm sure you'll be fine too! :) have you already submitted your application? I'm not sure how early I should submit it so there's enough time for them to process it...
I havent submitted yet, im trying to make sure everything is perfect lol and submit now if youre ready! The earlier, the better!

Okay I just need to touch up my personal statement and I'll send it in too... Good luck guys!

Can you guys post when your GPA gets calculated? Just so I have an idea of how long I should expect to wait for mine :)

Hi guys!! took the pcat in July and got 58% :( So for pcat are Dr.Collins and pearson's tests enough to get a 90%+?

Hi guys!! took the pcat in July and got 58% :( So for pcat are Dr.Collins and pearson's tests enough to get a 90%+?
Well I studied almost exclusively with Dr. Collins and got a 92%. Started studying right after spring semester, so I had about two months where I spent on average 2-3 hours a day. It's a tad expensive if you by new, but well worth it in my opinion.

I would like to add, that I don't feel Dr Collins prepared me well for the reading section. The practice tests his packet provided were mediocre compared to the real test. Other than that, I feel his study materials are legit.

I would like to add, that I don't feel Dr Collins prepared me well for the reading section. The practice tests his packet provided were mediocre compared to the real test. Other than that, I feel his study materials are legit.
Okay,thanks for replying !!! :)

No problem! Are you retaking in September?

Nice, well good luck! Are you applying early decision to UH?
was going to, until I got a 58% on my pcat in july.... :( don't think it will worth the try. GPA:3.4

I mainly used Kaplan and Dr. Collins! Kaplan will fill in for the subject areas where Dr. Collins lacks, like biology and reading. The Pearson tests of course give the best representation of what the actual test will be like. Good luck!

hi, just wondering if my stats were
GPA: 3.4
PCAT: 90%
Volunteer hours: 100+
work experience: 5 months
What are my chances of getting a interview? :0
btw for regular decisions

hi, just wondering if my stats were
GPA: 3.4
PCAT: 90%
Volunteer hours: 100+
work experience: 5 months
What are my chances of getting a interview? :0
btw for regular decisions
Chances of an interview are high in my opinion .

Is anyone else having problems with the supplemental application? Mine's not saving my answers and doing other weird things. -.- I called UH few weeks ago and they still haven't fixed it so I'm wondering if I'm the only one.

Is anyone else having problems with the supplemental application? Mine's not saving my answers and doing other weird things. -.- I called UH few weeks ago and they still haven't fixed it so I'm wondering if I'm the only one.
hmm.. I had no problem doing mine.

I submitted mine weeks ago with no problems..

I submitted my app on August 16th and my gpa was calculated to (August 26) has anyone applying regular decision received an interview yet? Online it says the first interview date for UH is September 18th which is coming up! However I wasn't sure if the date is solely for ED applicants or not.

I submitted my app on August 16th and my gpa was calculated to (August 26) has anyone applying regular decision received an interview yet? Online it says the first interview date for UH is September 18th which is coming up! However I wasn't sure if the date is solely for ED applicants or not.
Not sure if September 18th is for early decision applicants only. I applied early decision and I just reviewed an email from UH stating they were verifying all my PharmCAS info and to be on the lookout in the upcoming weeks for an interview invite. I would assume if you applied regular decision early enough and they had spots available, you could get an interview as early as September 18....

hello! does the ED deadline sept 1 include the 5 weeks pharmcas process time? and does that means everything needs to be done by then? like references, transcript...etc

hello! does the ED deadline sept 1 include the 5 weeks pharmcas process time? and does that means everything needs to be done by then? like references, transcript...etc
ED deadline is Sept 8. And yes i believe everything must be completed and received by that date except September PCAT scores which should be in your Pharmcas as pending so UHCOP knows you plan to take it.

Anyone received an interview yet?

Hey guys just an FYI, the first interview date is October 2nd now. The September interview date has been dropped.

hi! if I submit my application today sept 4th, when will I possibly get the invitation for interview?

What do you guys think my chances of getting in are?
3.55 GPA, 92 PCAT, pharmacy experience, hospital volunteer, organization involvement, and leadership in mentoring.

I know people with better stats than myself who got rejected and am a bit worry that UH doesn't exactly focus on stats (more on the interview)

hi! if I submit my application today sept 4th, when will I possibly get the invitation for interview?
You should get an invitation pretty soon, in a few days, if you all your materials have been submitted along with the supplemental application!