University of Illinois at Chicago c/o 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
seeing the facebook group balloon to 125, I'm getting less confident they take me off the hold. I just wish they announced it already. :(

Not everybody there has been accepted yet. Plus, the group is for both Chicago and Rockford (so there is room for 200). You will get in! It might just take longer. Even if you are placed on alternative/wait list there is still a good chance you'll be accepted eventually. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

For the people who are still in holding process like me, I just got off the phone with UIC and they told me that they are behind on the paperwork but are sorting through majority of them currently since interviews ended last week. The person said that most people will get notified by the end of this week about where they stand. If you dont get an email by the end of this week they said to call them next week. Here's their info:

University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy
Admissions Information and Student Records 312-996-7242

Good luck!

Thanks guys and good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't received an official letter through snail mail yet. But I did receive an email from uic saying that my financial award letter is ready to view on myuic.edu. Apparently, they send another email mid-may asking for you to accept or decline any awards. My only question is will we have access to myuic next month? Anybody else receive an email from uic financial aid? Or get any acceptance mail from uic?

Haven't received an official letter through snail mail yet. But I did receive an email from uic saying that my financial award letter is ready to view on myuic.edu. Apparently, they send another email mid-may asking for you to accept or decline any awards. My only question is will we have access to myuic next month? Anybody else receive an email from uic financial aid? Or get any acceptance mail from uic?

If you go to UIC.edu and search for yourself under "find people", it will tell you your netID. You can use that and your UIN (which should have been emailed to you) to activate my.uic.edu by following a few steps.

does anyone know how many people they take off their alternate list? maybe an approx from last year?

If you go to UIC.edu and search for yourself under "find people", it will tell you your netID. You can use that and your UIN (which should have been emailed to you) to activate my.uic.edu by following a few steps.
Thanks so much! It's kind of cool to be able to search for myself on uic.edu and it be official!! Student at the College of Pharmacy. Still waiting for that darned letter in the mail...

And for those that aren't in yet best of luck to you!!

Is there any current students that knows if #20 is a good number for the waitlist for the Chicago campus?

now I'm scared.

I haven't heard from UIC yet and it seems their passing out waitlist numbers based on the last few posts.

dak22: have you gotten an e-mail that asks if you would like to be placed on a waitlist? in the e-mail, it technically states that we won't be getting our numbers till after april 10.

Members don't see this ad :)
dak22: have you gotten an e-mail that asks if you would like to be placed on a waitlist? in the e-mail, it technically states that we won't be getting our numbers till after april 10.

No I haven't received any emails so far stating I'm on the waitlist etc. I haven't received any confirmation emails since my interview. I called UIC using the number rlin provided in the posts above, but they told me nothing other than the fact that they were behind and didn't know anything else.

No I haven't received any emails so far stating I'm on the waitlist etc. I haven't received any confirmation emails since my interview. I called UIC using the number rlin provided in the posts above, but they told me nothing other than the fact that they were behind and didn't know anything else.
Call them again because they already have a list of people on the waitlist made and they already sent out the emails

Call them again because they already have a list of people on the waitlist made and they already sent out the emails

Looks like I'm on the wait list :( based on calling them.

Hey, did anybody receive their wait list numbers yet through email?

For those wait-listed,

I called today asking what the situation was on getting the email for our wait-list number. They replied saying that the list isn't ready, they are still waiting for more replies back (even though the deadline was Wednesday), and that they will most likely send out emails Monday.

So more waiting...

For those wait-listed,

I called today asking what the situation was on getting the email for our wait-list number. They replied saying that the list isn't ready, they are still waiting for more replies back (even though the deadline was Wednesday), and that they will most likely send out emails Monday.

So more waiting...

knowing them, Monday means April the 22nd :(

So,I maybe be confusing two different interviews, but is UIC changing their curriculum? Or have they just recently changed it? I vaguely remember one of the student ambassadors mentioning this but again maybe I'm just mixing up information from a different school interview...

So,I maybe be confusing two different interviews, but is UIC changing their curriculum? Or have they just recently changed it? I vaguely remember one of the student ambassadors mentioning this but again maybe I'm just mixing up information from a different school interview...

I haven't heard anything about a UIC curriculum change.

Okay. I think I'm just mixing up info I received from different interviews. That's fine!

Does anyone know if admitted students are allowed to register for fall classes already?

Does anyone know if admitted students are allowed to register for fall classes already?
No. Actually I haven't heard much from UIC since I got my admissions offer. In an email after my deposit was received it stated that orientation will be on June 14th. I am going to assume that registration will occur during orientation.

In the e-mail they send out a while ago they said not to try to register until orientation. So I am patiently waiting.

I guess monday the 22nd was a bit too generous because I still have not received any email at all since the interview ended.

I guess monday the 22nd was a bit too generous because I still have not received any email at all since the interview ended.

Waitlist numbers have been sent out, did you not receive an offer to be placed on the list at all?

Sometimes those messages go to spam, especially on yahoo emails

nope, I called UIC to send me an email and even gave them a gmail address but they havent sent anything yet.

This was during the 11th, which is strange because all other emails were received perfectly w/o any trouble.

nope, I called UIC to send me an email and even gave them a gmail address but they havent sent anything yet.

This was during the 11th, which is strange because all other emails were received perfectly w/o any trouble.
I got my wait-list number on April 15th, last Monday.

In the e-mail they send out a while ago they said not to try to register until orientation. So I am patiently waiting.

This. Don't worry too much about registering for classes since everybody takes essentially the same classes first semester of P1 year. You will have one lab and one recitation this first semester and that is the only thing that will vary from person to person.

hi,
when is the UIC deadline for deposit? im #4 on the waitlist, but i have to pay the deposit for midwestern by the 21st. and if an accepted student doesnt pay their UIC deposit, does the school go automatically to the waitlist?
thanks

hi,
when is the UIC deadline for deposit? im #4 on the waitlist, but i have to pay the deposit for midwestern by the 21st. and if an accepted student doesnt pay their UIC deposit, does the school go automatically to the waitlist?
thanks
at a #4 spot I'm pretty sure you're gonna get into UIC

When do you guys think they'll start going down the waitlist???

From the previous year's thread, it seems like the waitlist started moving middle of may after Spring semester finals!..today was the last day of finals at UIC.....Hopefully soon

Does anyone recommend any of the electives for fall semester of P-1?

Does anyone recommend any of the electives for fall semester of P-1?

The discussion has moved to the facebook group (just letting you know in case you aren't already a group member).

Does anyone know when UIC update their waiting list?

Still has not update yet... so worry.

Last edited:
On the UIC pharmacy school website it says the prerequisites must be completed before the spring semester. I'm at KU and the pre requisites are very different, do they not accept summer school credit?

On the UIC pharmacy school website it says the prerequisites must be completed before the spring semester. I'm at KU and the pre requisites are very different, do they not accept summer school credit?

As far as I know you have to finish up the prerequisites in Spring semester, but I think summer classes before the year you want to matriculate are accepted. So for us starting this fall, summer 2013 classes will not be accepted, but summer 2012 will... I am not 100% sure though, because I do not have any summer classes, so I did not look into it to much.