University of Illinois at chicago dental program 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone got a interview call from UIC ?
i got 85 in part 1 , what are my chances?
:confused:
Where were you? Sorry but they are already done!

Members don't see this ad.

Any news friends?? are they done with interviews??
A friend from UIC told me there were few students for interview on 31st...
And This year UIC has changed the whole system to stop students from leaving uic for other colleges e.g UOP,UCSF,UPEN..and they already called all accepted students 36 (Hope its not true):scared:......will call wait-listed students around 15-20 sept..last year many wait-listed students got UIC but don't know what will happen this year....please give any information u have regarding that..thx in advc:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh dont tell me they already selected !!!!
I wish its not true .
Shouldnt all applicants get a message from UIC to stop praying and stop waiting !!!

Any news friends?? are they done with interviews??
A friend from UIC told me there were few students for interview on 31st...
And This year UIC has changed the whole system to stop students from leaving uic for other colleges e.g UOP,UCSF,UPEN..and they already called all accepted students 36 (Hope its not true):scared:......will call wait-listed students around 15-20 sept..last year many wait-listed students got UIC but don't know what will happen this year....please give any information u have regarding that..thx in advc:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Those accepted have to respond by sept 24th with $5000 deposit. I think if they are to call waitlisted people it would be after this date because they will know who is going or not. This is just my assumption

Hello all

I got accepted too ..:thumbup::thumbup::)

I was busy the last 2 weeks for that reason I didn't mention anything abt the acceptance.

congratulation to all who got accepted and GOOD LUCK to the rest,

by the way: I live in Springfield, IL but my parents live in Chicago and I received a letter on 28th of Aug

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Last edited:
They called me actually... :D

Proud UIC IDDP 14' student!

They contacted some students yesterday by phone, and informed that the letters where going to be mailed today. So my advice is: if you haven't received a call don't freak out, your 'answer' might be in your mail box on the next few days!

Good luck to everyone! :luck:

Hope4 would you please send me your email address.I wanna ask u something plz.

hey guys, i think it would be great if someone started a facebook group for the IDDP class of 2014.. that way we can all get to know each other before classes start!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
could you make it a private page where people have to request to join? I know previous years have done that. Thanks

I do not know how to do so. can you?

I do not know how to do so. can you?

Hey guys. You created a profile page.

I just created a private group, so send me a PM and I'll add everyone to the group.

;)

I just created a private group, so send me a PM and I'll add everyone to the group.

;)

How can I access to this private group on Facebook?

;)

Hello everyone! Well, group was created and so far there are only 9 members, out of the 12 (or 13) that posted here that got acceptance.

From the posts that I've been reading we have at least 2 of these people that are probably NOT going to UIC, once they're expecting IV's from other schools, and these IV's will most certainly be after UIC's deadline to pay the "hold your spot" fee.

Fingers crossed those who are in a waiting list (even if they didn't tell you that), good things might happen after Sep 24th! :luck:

And for those who where accepted and aren't in the FB group yet, please contact me through private message.

=D

Hey can anyone plz help me with the ECE application..I am an FTD completing my internship which will be completed by next year...My queries are:

1.What documents are required for ECE?
2.How do we obtain the University Transcripts?
3.Do we have to select a course by course or general evaluation?
4.Can I give the NBDE Part1 in Early Jan during my Internship?.....

Plz help ..

Hey can anyone plz help me with the ECE application..I am an FTD completing my internship which will be completed by next year...My queries are:

1.What documents are required for ECE?
2.How do we obtain the University Transcripts?
3.Do we have to select a course by course or general evaluation?
4.Can I give the NBDE Part1 in Early Jan during my Internship?.....

Plz help ..

Hi there.
documents required are your graduation certifications.
how to obtain them, you may ask your school.
yea. course by course.
as long as you have graduated from a dental school, you can appear for the exam any time you want

Hi guys I gave my part 1 in june and my score was 84 n my toefl score is 104 what are my chances i did observatn in my country for 10 mnths n here im working as a dental assistant since last 10-11 mnths...i heard uic has sent al the invitees but r stil contacting ppl...wat are my chances n if not uic then which other colleges do u guys thnk i have a chance...n i stay in barrington,il and im desperately searching for research opportunities im a green card holder..so i can officialy wrk..i contacted uic 2mnths back but they already said a no because of no previous experience where can i apply for a research even voluntary is fine..please reply coz i dont think i will get in this year...and what else can i do to improve my resume along with giving part 2...

Hi
am sure you will hear a more profesional answer from someone else, I suggest part2 and more dental assistant experience if you do not have a good experience as a dentist. or observation in the states.
I hope you will find this helpful.
Good luck

Hi
am sure you will hear a more profesional answer from someone else, I suggest part2 and more dental assistant experience if you do not have a good experience as a dentist. or observation in the states.
I hope you will find this helpful.
Good luck

_

Last edited:
One of the accepted candidates rejected the acceptance letter for personal reasons. So I guess they will be calling the first in the waiting list

I also got waitlist letter in e mail today. It said approx 40 students are waitlisted and there is no ranking.

so i am one of the 40..lets see..competition is too high..!!!i thought i will be one out of 10..:D

Would you tell meWhy:confused:? Did you get accepted anywhere else?

Coz Chicago is FAR as I live in AZ. CA schools or areas around Az work best for me:)

I have iVs in a couple of other schools so hopefully it works well for me:)

ne news guys??

I think they'll probably call the wait listed in the next couple weeks, this is just my guess nothing official...

If anyone from the wait list is accepted please let me know so that I can add on the Facebook group.

Good luck everyone! :xf:

Coz Chicago is FAR as I live in AZ. CA schools or areas around Az work best for me:)

I have iVs in a couple of other schools so hopefully it works well for me:)
VEERA007,do you think UIC is not as good as USC herman ostrow,or UoP,or New Jersey for example...i'm personally interested in your opinion..WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR UR REPLY

VEERA007,do you think UIC is not as good as USC herman ostrow,or UoP,or New Jersey for example...i'm personally interested in your opinion..WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR UR REPLY

Man, this is kind of driving me nuts... It seems like if a total stranger cames to you as says "it's a great school" you'd seek further education there, and if you hear the opposite "it's a crapy school" you'd believe it and not consider going there...

Critical thinking is highly appretiated, UIC offers visitation once a month, you just have to sign in, go see the school with your own eyes, their structure, their equipments, labs and clinics. Do you have question about the school and the program call them, talk to the head of admissions and clear up your mind.

You had a thread just for this, and you where lucky to receive a great asnwer for that thread (as you saw most of the people just ignored it...), but it seems that you took it for granted.

There are so many schools, and they are so much different in so many ways, not necessarely better or worst just different, some might have stronger research, some other might be more technologicaly advanced, some others you might be able to see more patients, some are more expensive and so on...

Your choice has to be based on your personal needs and believes, and the school of tour choice has be the one that fills those needs, and not just because a member of an online forum will tell you to do so!

If you want to know more about UIC I'll be more than happy to help you with that, once I know many former IDDP students, admissions personal and faculty. Send a Personal Message with your questions and I can send you my email for uw to exchange more ideas.

I wish you good luck and all the best.:)

Every school is great! I don't think any school that offers our program can be bad. But sometimes you just have a personal choice or as they call " a dream school". I have always loved Loma Linda School and wanted to study there ever since I came to US.

Also distance is a big thing for me! I would prefer going to a school where I can visit home often. In that case CA or Texas schools would work well for me.

So took the risk and declined UIC and got accepted at LLU:)

Because of that I even declined all the other interviews I received:))

Good luck guys:)

Hello everyone! Well, group was created and so far there are only 9 members, out of the 12 (or 13) that posted here that got acceptance.

From the posts that I've been reading we have at least 2 of these people that are probably NOT going to UIC, once they're expecting IV's from other schools, and these IV's will most certainly be after UIC's deadline to pay the "hold your spot" fee.

Fingers crossed those who are in a waiting list (even if they didn't tell you that), good things might happen after Sep 24th! :luck:

And for those who where accepted and aren't in the FB group yet, please contact me through private message.

=D

I never got a chance to do the banana dance.. Am I too late? :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

God that felt good...

I am no longer attending UIC! One more seat for waitlist candidates!

RAINBOW..congratulations...!

were u accepted from the waitlist??

HI all ..

I just wanna let u know that i declined..family reasons ..

Good luck all :thumbup:

hey Mandi..have you been accepted to some other programme also..