University of Illinois at chicago dental program 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got an IV for aug 10 too:)
I had a question for u guys.. If a student gets accepted in this school, does anyone have any clue how much money you need to put down when you accept the schools offer and start the program. Like UCO asked $2000 something, how much u think for UCI..

Please do put in ur inputs as I need to make plans:)

the sum was $5,000 in 2007..so, same or more

I am a young chemist graduate looking for scholarship to study medicine in order to accomplish my passion. If there is any help out there please hook me on to it. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a young chemist graduate looking for scholarship to study medicine in order to accomplish my passion. If there is any help out there please hook me on to it. Thanks.

no idea man..!!!..i think u shud check something on SDN related medicine or pharmacy..I am sure u will do it something u want to achieve..Good luck bro with watever do...keep going..best wishes from all of us here..!!

I was in your shoes couple of years ago, I feel your pain. I from class of 2010. I wish you all good luck. I would like to say the profs that interview the applicants are some of the brightest interviewers/faculty members, they can easily figure out if you are not your self, so best advice is be your self. If you read, memorize or make up answers they will know. They like students to be honest and they want to make sure you are right fit. I cant say enough good things about the education I received from UIC. I have been practicing for 1 year and feel that they school prepared me well (my opinion). If you want to know my story see my past posts.

Good Luck

Dentalbug

I was in your shoes couple of years ago, I feel your pain. I from class of 2010. I wish you all good luck. I would like to say the profs that interview the applicants are some of the brightest interviewers/faculty members, they can easily figure out if you are not your self, so best advice is be your self. If you read, memorize or make up answers they will know. They like students to be honest and they want to make sure you are right fit. I cant say enough good things about the education I received from UIC. I have been practicing for 1 year and feel that they school prepared me well (my opinion). If you want to know my story see my past posts.

Good Luck

Dentalbug

that was a good piece of information.can you share some more experience of yours in interview & after getting admission in dental school..some more good things about UIC from inside that we dont know..
Thank you from all of us here..

Any news? Even from the applicants who has been interviewing these days?

I got an interview invitation email from the school today .
My interview is on 17 August. Has anyone else got the invitation for the same day?

I got an interview invitation email from the school today .
My interview is on 17 August. Has anyone else got the invitation for the same day?

congratulation dr raman..u will do good for sure..

I also got an interview email today. Please can anyone tell me what to wear on practical day? what do they ask? please help friends.
Thank you in advance.

I also got an interview email today. Please can anyone tell me what to wear on practical day? what do they ask? please help friends.
Thank you in advance.

you deserve it morphology..great going..well formal wear..& you are done..good luck..

congratulations to those who have been called for the interview recently. gud luck.:)

you deserve it morphology..great going..well formal wear..& you are done..good luck..

Thank you DrFlap. I am so scared since this is my first interview ever. If you can suggest for interview preparation, it would be great help.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you DrFlap. I am so scared since this is my first interview ever. If you can suggest for interview preparation, it would be great help.

I am the worst man to ask buddy..as i havnt gave ne IV in my life till nw..!!but you will do good..njoy..!!

hey guys ..share ur interview experience......help and be helped
:thumbup::thumbup:

hey guys i got an interview call today.....:thumbup:

Last edited:
Good luck
when is your interview? Just trying to get an idea of how long they are interviewing

I heard that more students are going to be interviewed in September. Did anyone get a call for September yet?

I heard that more students are going to be interviewed in September. Did anyone get a call for September yet?

What??????? R u sure abt this ????

Which means they didn't like the 99 applicants,for that reason they are asking for more??!!!!!

I think this is really unfair specially for those who interviewed at the beginning of July!!!

Every year they give the answer within one month,what happened this year?

hey punjabbds
Congrats for your interview call. Do know will they call for anymore i/v?

What??????? R u sure abt this ????

Which means they didn't like the 99 applicants,for that reason they are asking for more??!!!!!

I think this is really unfair specially for those who interviewed at the beginning of July!!!

Every year they give the answer within one month,what happened this year?
Hi mandi, i guess this is not the time to feel so selfish. Let every one take their chances. And lets wish good luck to all those who are still waiting for this chance of their life time. I guess a doctor needs to be compassionate first.

Hi mandi, i guess this is not the time to feel so selfish. Let every one take their chances. And lets wish good luck to all those who are still waiting for this chance of their life time. I guess a doctor needs to be compassionate first.
You are totally right Eagle..I agree..:thumbup:

Where is the selfishness in this matter???when I say we'v been waiting so long for an answer? Or when I said they didn't like the 99 applicants!

U'v been waiting nd I am waiting nd all are waiting too, nd waiting too long is just painful!

Being compationate had nothing to do with my comment!!
I am complaining abt Uic policy

Please read the comment and understand it b4 judge ppl,actually judgmental is not professional at all

I think what u did are more selfish by the way!!by asking others abt their status nd when they ask u abt urs u r not answering at all

After all thank u nd noradent, and pls don't judge specially we r all in the same ship

Imagine yourself guys in the same class next year.
that would be so much fun lol

Are you sure guys that they have already interviewed 99 students ??

Patience guys..!!..thats the quality of dentist...!!

Well said!

Everyone, including the interviewers, knows that the whole admissions process is really stressful. The boards, application process and interview takes its toll (mental as well as financial) on everyone. At the end of the day, you can only do your best and hope fortune shines in your favor. So take a deep breath, calm down and hope for the best because we have no other choice but to wait, no matter how agonizing it is.............

Hello all

has anyone got an IV recently? r they still calling for IVs? I'v heard the last one was on 17th of August?!
pls guys who interviewed lately, did they mention anything about this subject?

they mentioned they would be conducting more interviews in Septemeber...........

hey guys ! i had interview yesterday.....i think they are done with interview calls , i am not sure about it asthey didnt say anything about more interview calls...but they do tell us that result will be out in a month.. soo just pray and wait for results :)

The thought of the result is scaring me!!!!

i asked them they send that the results will be in november, and the end of the interviews perhaps end of august.
the lady told us we are almost at the end of the tail:)

hey elmos!! i dont think so...coz she said herself that we will let u know about the result in a month..so i am pretty sure that by end of sept result will be out...it wont be that late.....:)

hey elmos!! i dont think so...coz she said herself that we will let u know about the result in a month..so i am pretty sure that by end of sept result will be out...it wont be that late.....:)

yeah..coz i asked interviewer & they told me that in beginning of october they will send acceptance letter..!!

Where is the selfishness in this matter???when I say we'v been waiting so long for an answer? Or when I said they didn't like the 99 applicants!

U'v been waiting nd I am waiting nd all are waiting too, nd waiting too long is just painful!

Being compationate had nothing to do with my comment!!
I am complaining abt Uic policy

Please read the comment and understand it b4 judge ppl,actually judgmental is not professional at all

I think what u did are more selfish by the way!!by asking others abt their status nd when they ask u abt urs u r not answering at all

After all thank u nd noradent, and pls don't judge specially we r all in the same ship
Hi mandi, first of all sorry for the late reply, since i do not have access to the internet since a couple of months, as such i did not reply to others questions. Secondly, i did not mean to hurt u. I was just trying to be reasonable and considerate with others. In other words i was trying to speak on behalf of all those who applied to UIC. Even though i ve already been interviewed in the month of August, i still believe that each candidate deserves to the interviewed atleast, if not accepted ( due to limited number of seats.). Its thousands of time more painful to wait for an interview call for years together, rather to be waiting for acceptance letter for a couple of days. So cool down and have fun till then. And thankyou Noradent and Smilydent to understand my view. Wish luck to all of us.:thumbup:

hey guys does any1 know any applicant who has had part 1 score in the 70s and got interview call/ admission in any college????..

I Recieved and interview invitation from UIC for 31st aug

yeah..coz i asked interviewer & they told me that in beginning of october they will send acceptance letter..!!
UIC is like Steve Jobs! iPhone5 and our results may released anytime during late sep to early oct:xf:

anything new???

I heard they already start sending acceptance letter by mail !!

anyone got anything so far?

Where did you hear this from Mandi?

my friends in UIC told me that many applicants had already received acceptance letters! I don't know why no body is posting her!e

congrats for all who received the letter, and GOOD LUCK for us

Where did you hear this from Mandi?

Do your friends actually know someone who has received an acceptance letter? Has anyone called and asked?

yup they knows ... they told me their friends got acceptance letters and they ask Braulia too, she told them the same thing .. they'v been sending acceptance letter by mail since a while !!

Do your friends actually know someone who has received an acceptance letter? Has anyone called and asked?

yup they knows ... they told me their friends got acceptance letters and they ask Braulia too, she told them the same thing .. they'v been sending acceptance letter by mail since a while !!

Nobody received a letter yet for a very simple reason: they started to be mailed today!

And no, there are not going to be IVs in September, and for this matter I'm 99% sure that the last IVs were last week...