University of Illinois c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do any of you know if I didn't take any classes during fall 2013 have to notify the school that you will not be sending the transcripts? I'm kinda concerned because my portal says "pending" under "expected" column for fall 2013.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do any of you know if I didn't take any classes during fall 2013 have to notify the school that you will not be sending the transcripts? I'm kinda concerned because my portal says "pending" under "expected" column for fall 2013.
Definitely just call up the admissions office and ask.

Nope, from ohio not Cali :) and I am a girl (no offense taken :) Barney Stintson is my avatar ;) haha

I was thinking te same thing, if people were SDNers haha, every time I would talk to someone I would wonder if I've talked to them online before!!

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm the same as you -- I'm already out of school so won't be sending any transcripts this year and mine says "pending" as well. I'm pretty sure that's fine... it should be evident from our VMCAS that we didn't have any planned coursework this year. But if you hear differently, please do let me know :)

I'm the same as you -- I'm already out of school so won't be sending any transcripts this year and mine says "pending" as well. I'm pretty sure that's fine... it should be evident from our VMCAS that we didn't have any planned coursework this year. But if you hear differently, please do let me know :)
I just called and they said we can just disregard "pending" column. She said as long as we indicated in VMCAS that we are not taking classes that is fine :D

I just called and they said we can just disregard "pending" column. She said as long as we indicated in VMCAS that we are not taking classes that is fine :D
awesome! thanks for letting me know!!

Okay guys...is this wait the worst yet for anyone? I was mildly obsessed about waiting to hear back after submission, and the interview was definitely on my mind after the invite, but I was still able to function during those waits!! Knowing that the answer is SO CLOSE is killing me and I'm having the hardest time focusing on my school work!! Anyone else?

Reactions: 5 users
Okay guys...is this wait the worst yet for anyone? I was mildly obsessed about waiting to hear back after submission, and the interview was definitely on my mind after the invite, but I was still able to function during those waits!! Knowing that the answer is SO CLOSE is killing me and I'm having the hardest time focusing on my school work!! Anyone else?
You're not alone. I've been resisting checking the portal a whole bunch because I know there won't be an answer until closer to the end of next week. We'll be ok!

Reactions: 2 users
Right there with ya! Should be hearing from my last two schools next week, it's so close yet so far. Virginia Tech said no (well, on the waitlist) so now I just got Illinois or Wisconsin but I think I got the best chance in Illinois. I just want to fast forward to Friday so we can all just know!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if we find out at any point during this process what number we are on the wait list? ( I'm assuming I'm on it hah)

Does anyone know if we find out at any point during this process what number we are on the wait list? ( I'm assuming I'm on it hah)

No they never tell you what number you are. I heard that at the info session.

Anyone else obsessively refreshing the portal?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yea I can't focus on anything!

Yup just bombed my molec and cell exam due up not being able to focus.

Yup just bombed my molec and cell exam due up not being able to focus.
That's what I'll be doing tomorrow (only behavioral genetics instead :) )

I read a few slides, a few pages of notes, and before I know it I'm thinking about how I'm going to address the high probability of my dogs barking in an apartment when I (hopefully!!!!!) move to Urbana!!!

That's what I'll be doing tomorrow (only behavioral genetics instead :) )

I read a few slides, a few pages of notes, and before I know it I'm thinking about how I'm going to address the high probability of my dogs barking in an apartment when I (hopefully!!!!!) move to Urbana!!!

lol I've been thinking of how am I going to find a place where I can have a few of my chickens!

My life is full of waiting... waiting to hear back... waiting for my biochem exam grade... Ugh! :arghh:

If you guys need housing info, or have any questions, you can visit http://www.tenantunion.illinois.edu/ Or you can ask me. I just renewed my lease at my apartment. Can't wait to hear when you guys get your acceptance!

Last edited:
I feel like today is the calm before the storm on SDN! Lol :)

Reactions: 4 users
my stomach drops every time somebody posts in here because i think its someone going "IM ACCEPTED!' gaaaah

my stomach drops every time somebody posts in here because i think its someone going "IM ACCEPTED!' gaaaah
I'm sorry!! I shouldn't have posted!

hahaha no no! it's not your fault and I'm probably doing the same thing to other people now lol I JUST WANNA KNOW

hahaha no no! it's not your fault and I'm probably doing the same thing to other people now lol I JUST WANNA KNOW
I just couldn't refresh the portal any more so I had to do something else to keep myself occupied before I go crazy lol

I'm right there with all of you!! I don't have classes today, and I'm off work today (Thursdays are my "Catch up" days for classes and around the house) and I'm getting NOTHING done!!!!!!

I just want to know!!!!!

I'm right there with all of you!! I don't have classes today, and I'm off work today (Thursdays are my "Catch up" days for classes and around the house) and I'm getting NOTHING done!!!!!!

I just want to know!!!!!
Shoot, I had work and class and I still am not distracted enough to not be going crazy!

Shoot, I had work and class and I still am not distracted enough to not be going crazy!

Yeah, tomorrow I have both, work in the afternoon, and if we don't know in the am I'll be going even MORE crazy because everyone I work with will be asking me about it too!!!

Come on Illinois and give me good news! I'm at 3 waitlists and 1 rejection this cycle. I just want someone to be like yes, we like you very much come here for school! Just one more day.

Yeah, tomorrow I have both, work in the afternoon, and if we don't know in the am I'll be going even MORE crazy because everyone I work with will be asking me about it too!!!
Hopefully we hear before noon. I'm not suppose to be on my phone at work and I work 8-at least 6 tomorrow...going to be torture!!!

Fingers crossed for everyone!!

Come on Illinois and give me good news! I'm at 3 waitlists and 1 rejection this cycle. I just want someone to be like yes, we like you very much come here for school! Just one more day.

I feel ya!! I'm at 3 rejections so far (including my IS)...my GPA is weak, so I'm holding out for Illinois and their lack-of-caring about GPA at this point ;)

hopefully we'll both get GREAT news from UoI!!!

What's a lunch break? Lunch time is when we do our surgeries
My clinic forces me to take a lunch break, but that may also be a state law for all I know. I take a quick peak while they're in rooms so they can't see me on my phone. I've been exceptionally bad about it this week with LSU. Hopefully you get a break so you can check and not go crazy!

My clinic forces me to take a lunch break, but that may also be a state law for all I know. I take a quick peak while they're in rooms so they can't see me on my phone. I've been exceptionally bad about it this week with LSU. Hopefully you get a break so you can check and not go crazy!
Oh I definitely think it's a law but working for a private practitioner changes things plus I'm happy to not take a lunch when I have been given the opportunity to work with the doctor I work with and get the experience I've gotten! I feel lucky and privileged that he wants me in his practice so I am willing to do whatever he needs me to do!

Oh I definitely think it's a law but working for a private practitioner changes things plus I'm happy to not take a lunch when I have been given the opportunity to work with the doctor I work with and get the experience I've gotten! I feel lucky and privileged that he wants me in his practice so I am willing to do whatever he needs me to do!

That's awesome!

At the clinic I volunteer at, surgeries are also @lunch, but the techs rotate (there are usually 4 on at 1 time) helping w/ the surgery/pts and eating 2 at a time haha (the dr eats/runs for an hour after surgeries, while the techs clean/ prep for afternoon, etc haha)

You girls are lucky, I still have to go the whole day tomorrow and probably stay up till 12am (Germany time) to be able to hopefully get UofI's admissions decisions. I mean I know we all find out at the same time but somehow it just seems more cruel to have to stay up late to find out.

Oh and wouldn't it be great if we all got in!!!???

Oh and wouldn't it be great if we all got in!!!???
That would be amazing. I'm not 100% sure that I will pick U of I but it would be amazing to have it as an option!!

That would be amazing. I'm not 100% sure that I will pick U of I but it would be amazing to have it as an option!!
Awww really? Well that's ok, it'd still be awesome!

Awww really? Well that's ok, it'd still be awesome!
Well I dunno yet! I can't say for sure until I know if I've gotten accepted. I do know that the weather is going to play a HUGE roll in my decision lol. And it was really cold there!

Hey guys I just joined today so I am really new to this site! Sorry if it has already been asked but does anyone know if tomorrow is for sure the day we are going to hear something? I did not get to attend the information meeting on the day of the interviews so I had not heard anything about it.

Hey guys I just joined today so I am really new to this site! Sorry if it has already been asked but does anyone know if tomorrow is for sure the day we are going to hear something? I did not get to attend the information meeting on the day of the interviews so I had not heard anything about it.
That's what they told us, that we should be hearing back by tomorrow, and that's what I'm praying for. I can't wait any longer!

That's what they told us, that we should be hearing back by tomorrow, and that's what I'm praying for. I can't wait any longer!
Thank you! I feel your pain with the waiting!

It's 12:23AM here and I can't sleep from the anticipation! grrrr argghhhh

I do know that the weather is going to play a HUGE roll in my decision lol. And it was really cold there!

Granted this year was the worst winter in awhile, but every year I find myself wondering why I still live here :wacky:

Is anyone else super nervous?! I can't take this waiting game anymore! I told myself I wouldn't go on SDN and try to be productive... didn't really work out.

Granted this year was the worst winter in awhile, but every year I find myself wondering why I still live here :wacky:

Is anyone else super nervous?! I can't take this waiting game anymore! I told myself I wouldn't go on SDN and try to be productive... didn't really work out.
I am! haha. I really hope they put the decision up on the portal tomorrow! otherwise I would be really anxious over the weekend..

I am! haha. I really hope they put the decision up on the portal tomorrow! otherwise I would be really anxious over the weekend..

I hope it's up by like 10am hehe. A girl can hope!

Let the portal refreshing every few minutes begin!

Reactions: 6 users
I can't stand it anymore! I've been refreshing since 7:30am.

Reactions: 4 users