University of Illinois c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can't stand it anymore! I've been refreshing since 7:30am.

I think they're trying to drive us all mad...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
I got bad news too, rejected from Wisconsin.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry guys. I got waitlisted at LSU yesterday so I understand the want for good news today. We have to have faith!

:( think happy thoughts guys! Happy thoughts!! We're ALL going to get accepted :D

Reactions: 2 users
You're right, happy thoughts! This is the last school I'm waiting to hear back from.

Reactions: 1 users
I called the office and was told the portals "should be updated today," but they didn't know what time.

Reactions: 6 users
More bad news for me today...wait listed at NCSU. Give me good news Illinois!!! Please!!!

Impatience! And I should be getting my letter from NCSU in the next day or so. Someone give me good news!

I am starting to get angry.

Hehehe sblove why?
Lol. Because they said today and its still not up yet!! (Although my anger may be influenced by the fact that I got wait listed at tufts for a second time in a row....). C'mon Illinois!

Members don't see this ad :)
If I don't get into Illinois it will be Midwestern for me. All other schools have said no. I figure we should know something before the close of business day, so maybe 2 1/2 hours left of waiting?

If I don't get into Illinois it will be Midwestern for me. All other schools have said no. I figure we should know something before the close of business day, so maybe 2 1/2 hours left of waiting?
That's tooooooo loooooonnnnnggggggg, says 5 year old me.

I vote someone else should call and see if they're still on track lol

Reactions: 1 user
East coast people remember the time change! I keep forgetting about it!

At 4:59 and 50 seconds.....Hi everyone here is your status..have a great weekend! :eyebrow:

Reactions: 4 users
So, I am thinking since they said it "should" change today, that its not going to.

So, I am thinking since they said it "should" change today, that its not going to.
I am really close to call them and ask if the status is gonna be updated today... *sigh* I know one of us already did, but this is getting really close to 5PM... AHHH someone get me out of thisssss

Somebody else should call again!! I would do it but I'm still at work :(

Has anyone heard of a school updating their portal after close of business day?

And this does stink, stayed up late for nothing!

Has anyone heard of a school updating their portal after close of business day?
U of I is the only school I've applied to that even uses a portal...I have however gotten emails very late from other schools and other schools that make phone calls have made them up until like 9:00 so crazier things have happened but I'm not counting on it.

Grrrr. Now I'll either won't be able to sleep or I'll wake up multiple times during the night to check if anything has changed. Booooo

Grrrr. Now I'll either won't be able to sleep or I'll wake up multiple times during the night to check if anything has changed. Booooo
I wouldn't count on it changing

I agree, if only my mind understood that. I already couldn't sleep last night from anticipation.

What's the point with making everyone wait? It would seem that they have everything ready if they suggested it would be up on the portal today and today was their target date. So I really don't understand the wait then? I figured they didn't want a million phone calls and would wait til the last minute but not to update at all? I haven't known them to do anything in terms of "updating" during the weekend. I guess it could always happen though. I wonder if they have some sort of timer set up for the portal to update? Ahhh...this is the worst wait ever! Such a great school...we all just need to know already!

I'm going to bed! Good night everyone and maybe when I wake up tomorrow we will all know. Here's to hoping!

did anybody try calling again? i almost wish they'd give us a later date than they anticipate so i can be pleasantly surprised if it comes "early" because this is killing me

Hmm.. I wonder if letters were mailed?

I was wondering that too. I hope they were so we can get them asap!!! I'm tired of looking at this portal....

I was wondering that too. I hope they were so we can get them asap!!! I'm tired of looking at this portal....
It's interesting because it looks like in previous years they purposely would NOT update the portal until after they felt like people were receiving their letters. For them to say that this cycle they would update at the same time and then not do that, it's just weird. Almost like a glitch at the last minute or something. Who knows! I guess we've waited this long....

It makes me so angry when schools don't do things when they say they will

PS - Now that I think about it, I think the woman's words when I called actually were that the portal "is supposed to be updated today." Well either way it doesn't matter, it still wasn't updated

The portals took awhile last year. We had interviews on 2/17 and my portal wasn't updated until Friday 3/1, but interviews were a week earlier this year. In state people had already been receiving letters before my portal was updated at like 9pm mountain time. My letter came the next day.

Reactions: 2 users
I hope it's updated on Monday because I only have 2 schools left to hear back from. I need some kind of idea of my future right now.

whats the point of giving a deadline if you're not gonna follow it :(

The letters were sent out on Wednesday I hear so I think people will start getting them tomorrow and Monday

The letters were sent out on Wednesday I hear so I think people will start getting them tomorrow and Monday
Really?? How did you find out the letters were sent? I'm IS-living in Champaign and I usually get the mails within two days at the latest and haven't received one yet...

Some girl works at the diagnostics lab and they told her? I dunno though, this whole waiting thing is a game... The mail is stupid

Maybe they went out late on Wed? If this is true I am hoping to get a letter tomorrow - I live about 2hrs south. BUT, I would think that anyone living in Champaign would have gotten them today at least. :shrug:

Maybe they went out late on Wed? If this is true I am hoping to get a letter tomorrow - I live about 2hrs south. BUT, I would think that anyone living in Champaign would have gotten them today at least. :shrug:

Here's to hoping it IS true and you get a letter TODAY!!!! Fingers Crossed. :luck:

Some girl works at the diagnostics lab and they told her? I dunno though, this whole waiting thing is a game... The mail is stupid
Now I'm checking my mail box like crazy haha! Hope I don't freak out the mailman :D