University of Illinois c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in-state, live a few hours from Champaign, received letter in the mail. My portal hasn't even been updated but I guess the letter makes it official!!

Hang in there guys! News is on the way!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 12 users
ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in-state, live a few hours from Champaign, received letter in the mail. My portal hasn't even been updated but I guess the letter makes it official!!

Hang in there guys! News is on the way!!!!
OMG!! Congratz!!!!! My mailman usually come around 3PM so I guess I have to wait THIS IS KILLING ME!!! was it a thin white envelope??

I'm in Mass!! This is going to be a painful wait :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
GUYS IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:claps::clap::zip::banana::love:

Good Luck to everyone!!! :luck::luck::luck::xf::xf::xf:

Reactions: 10 users
OMG!! Congratz!!!!! My mailman usually come around 3PM so I guess I have to wait THIS IS KILLING ME!!! was it a thin white envelope??

To be really honest I'm not even sure what kind of envelope it was! I am out of the country at the moment and my parents just sent me word that my acceptance came in the mail… but I haven't even gotten to see it myself yet! haha. I will ask them and let you know :)

Funny thing is I almost missed it... mom got a huge envelope for her taxes so I almost missed it! It was a normal sized white envelope.

Funny thing is I almost missed it... mom got a huge envelope for her taxes so I almost missed it! It was a normal sized white envelope.

congrats Wildchild!! are you still considering other options or will we definitely be classmates in the fall? :)

Sitting in front of the door staring the mailbox like crazzzyyyyyyy

That's so cruel, if they already sent out admissions decisions why not update the portal like they said they would? I hate snail mail.

Reactions: 2 users
Stalking the mailbox! Congrats to those who received good news! Fingers crossed for the rest of us :xf::xf::luck::luck::luck:

Hi everyone! I've been stalking this page for awhile and finally decided to sign up. I received my acceptance letter today!!!!:soexcited:

Good luck to everyone waiting!!! :luck::xf::luck::xf:

Hi everyone! I've been stalking this page for awhile and finally decided to sign up. I received my acceptance letter today!!!!:soexcited:

Good luck to everyone waiting!!! :luck::xf::luck::xf:

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats Wildchild!! are you still considering other options or will we definitely be classmates in the fall? :)

Yay congrats GoldenGirl! I was waitlisted at Mizzou so looks like we'll be classmates! Yay!

Congrats muggy and Meow! I'm sending all my patience to the rest of you guys still waiting :)

HUGE CONGRATS to all of you who have been accepted!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!! I hope I'll be joining in your celebration shortly!!!! ...if my mailman ever shows up.....

why no mailman come to my house... whyyy ahhhh dying.. ahhhhhh

Accepted OOS (TN resident)! But I've pretty much decided where I'm going this fall so I hope an alternate here gets my spot! Good luck to those waiting :)

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations to those that got in! I really hope I get in but unless they update the portal on Monday, I won't know till probably Wednesday or Thursday by mail. Maybe they were waiting for some people to receive letters before updating the portal... ugh, who knows.

Congratulations to those that got in! I really hope I get in but unless they update the portal on Monday, I won't know till probably Wednesday or Thursday by mail. Maybe they were waiting for some people to receive letters before updating the portal... ugh, who knows.
No letter here in OH either :(

congrats to all who got in!

Last edited:
No letter in FL but we have slower than snail mail!! Maybe Monday!

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Sure. I would consider myself a non-traditional student, so my stats may differ from those who are traditional. I’m 26 years old and from Ohio. This is my first year applying to veterinary school. My path to vet school is rather complicated. I was initially accepted into undergrad as pre-veterinary. Before beginning classes I switched to pre-medicine and transferred schools two years later to a university with more human medicine opportunities. (Hence, the pre-medical activities I was involved in that are listed below.) In the end I knew I did not want to attend medical school. Since graduating, I have explored several other career options. Thus, I know there is no career I want more than to be a veterinarian. So, the last 1.5ish to 2ish years have been dedicated to being accepted in to veterinary school!

-Degree: B.S. in Biology - graduated in 2010
-Science GPA (according to Illinois): 3.5
-Non-Science GPA: 3.8-3.92 depending on the courses that are or are not included in the science GPA section
-Cumulative GPA: 3.64
-GRE (not so great): V-152; Q-151; W-4
-Vet/Animal Experience: veterinary assistant at small animal hospital ~2700 hours; volunteer at wildlife hospital ~200 hours; volunteer at large animal sanctuary ~35; pet ownership since birth (cats, dogs, rabbits) including raising several abandoned kittens; etc.
-Non-Animal Experience: research (studied BMP pathway in retinal ganglion cell survival) ~900 hours; volunteer at two human hospitals (CVSU and ER)…a lot of hours; Vice President of AMSA; Secretary of AMSA; Pre-Medicine Club; Biology Club; Student Oiler Club; Several one time volunteer opportunities such as: St. Vincent de Paul food pantry garden development, Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, Red Cross booth, Coats for Christmas, etc. (plus high school clubs, committees, and sports)
-Awards: Dean’s list every semester except one, scholarship for grades, Golden Key International Society
Random: During my senior year of undergrad I also worked part time ~20+ hours a week.

I think I got all the major stuff…...

ACCEPTED! Can't wait to meet you all!

Reactions: 4 users
I live in Champaign and mine didn't come today ..:arghh: Guess I have to wait until Monday to find out..

ACCEPTED -(IS)!!!!!!!! BEST DAY EVER! :soexcited: Congrats to all who got good news today and hopefully everyone who got waitlisted will get offered a spot! :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Reactions: 7 users
Booo alternate in AZ. That makes 4 waitlists. Schools are dumb (not really but I'm frustrated).

I feel your frustration! I got mostly rejections though, so you've got some hope with those wait lists, and maybe one of your 4 will open up! Not an ideal situation but better odds for sure. Gotta keep hoping and things somehow work out =)

Yay, Illinois!! CONGRATS, Class of 2018 :) :soexcited: :clap:

Its killing me being out of town until tomorrow morning...with no one to check my mail! Wish they had updated the Portal! *fingers crossed*

I feel your frustration! I got mostly rejections though, so you've got some hope with those wait lists, and maybe one of your 4 will open up! Not an ideal situation but better odds for sure. Gotta keep hoping and things somehow work out =)
I know I shouldn't be so grumpy about being waitlisted when others were flat out denied. I think getting 4 waitlists last year and doing this all over again makes me feel like I'll be stuck in limbo forever. Hopefully we both have good luck this year.

I know I shouldn't be so grumpy about being waitlisted when others were flat out denied. I think getting 4 waitlists last year and doing this all over again makes me feel like I'll be stuck in limbo forever. Hopefully we both have good luck this year.
Am I going crazy...didn't they say they either accept or wait list people, no one gets flat out rejected??

And don't get frustrated!! You're going to get there! Wait lists are not the end all be all it just means a little more waiting!! Fingers crossed for you!! Don't give up hope yet

Am I going crazy...didn't they say they either accept or wait list people, no one gets flat out rejected??

And don't get frustrated!! You're going to get there! Wait lists are not the end all be all it just means a little more waiting!! Fingers crossed for you!! Don't give up hope yet
Yes they did. I'm sorry, I meant in general. I'm trying to stay optimistic but pessimistic me is way louder. I've been working a lot on my Plan B just to give me something to look forward to so I'm not disappointed no matter what happens.

I am getting so antsy again!! I hope everyone gets some good news tomorrow or this week!

For people who havent got the letter- CHECK YOUR PORTAL!! Its updated. And IM IN!!!!!!! YAY ILLINOIS 2018!!!

Reactions: 6 users
OOS alternate. GREAT...

Well, I guess that makes my decision for me. Moving to the nice weather in Arizona.

OOS alternate for me too :( I knew it would happen but I was still hoping...

Wooooah I'm accepted! Definitely thought my interview went terribly and expected to be an alternate.
Time for epic pro con list making!

I'M IN!!!!! Keep your heads up, wait listers!!!

Reactions: 9 users
I'm in too!!!! Yay!!!!
Congrats everyone!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I got my acceptance letter- IS! Good luck to everyone on the alternate list!

I'm in!! OOS!! Wasn't too sure about my interview either! GL alternates! Anybody have anything to say about the area? I didn't get to see anything when I was there??

I'm in!! OOS!! Wasn't too sure about my interview either! GL alternates! Anybody have anything to say about the area? I didn't get to see anything when I was there??

What would you like to know about Champaign-Urbana? I moved here in early August 2013 from OOS.

What would you like to know about Champaign-Urbana? I moved here in early August 2013 from OOS.

I am deciding between here and Minnesota. I really liked the st. paul/min area. I guess I am just wondering about the local restaurants, bars, and the surrounding towns. How are you liking living there?

AHHH accepted OOS! I hate to trust the portal haha can't wait for my letter to come in the mail. WOOO ILLINOIS :)

Congratulations guys!!! In just 6 short months you'll be here :)

Reactions: 1 users
I have no idea how I'm suppose to decide where to go!!!!

Accepted!!!! Out of state! From ohio!!! So happy !!!! Good luck to those waiting. And congrats to everyone accepted!!

Reactions: 1 users