University of Illinois c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email. 10:40

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
got an email i think they are slowly rolling them out no one panic! lol

Got my email this afternoon at 1:24 for 8:50 am interview time.

I got one for 1 pm about and hour or so ago.

For current students! Can anyone explain what the information session includes? Im guess tuition talk, class schedule ect?

I received my email this morning around 11:30am PST (OOS). My last name starts with L if anyone wanted to figure out a pattern to the emails.
I'm an L too and I got an email late tonight

For current students! Can anyone explain what the information session includes? Im guess tuition talk, class schedule ect?
Yep! A little time for Q&A, too. You'll also have a chance to tour the school with a current student.

Yep! A little time for Q&A, too. You'll also have a chance to tour the school with a current student.
Which will pretty much all be first years since we can't escape rotations lol. I personally will be on surgical skills so I probably won't see any of you guys touring or anyone who's a guide. Have fun though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting for an email... I'm IS and last name is P. Not worrying yet, but getting impatient for sure!

Maybe they just haven't sent out the IS ones yet?

I'm IS last name M and I haven't received anything yet. Have any IS gotten an email?

My last name starts with an S, so I think the alphabetical pattern is out.

They may be going in the order they received people's emails.

Some tips for the interview: Be yourself. Having a pause to think about what you're going to say is OK! The interviewers don't see your complete application, at least I don't think, so they are simply trying to learn about YOU as a human being :)

Some tips for the interview: Be yourself. Having a pause to think about what you're going to say is OK! The interviewers don't see your complete application, at least I don't think, so they are simply trying to learn about YOU as a human being :)
Last year, the interviews were completely closed file. They definitely are great about interviewing. For me, having three people staring at me is incredibly unnerving, but they did a great job of keeping everything relaxed
They may be going in the order they received people's emails.
I tried to look in my old email to see if I kept my interview email from last year but it's gone :( sorry guys! Just hang tight!

Last year, the interviews were completely closed file. They definitely are great about interviewing. For me, having three people staring at me is incredibly unnerving, but they did a great job of keeping everything relaxed

I tried to look in my old email to see if I kept my interview email from last year but it's gone :( sorry guys! Just hang tight!
So Illinois interview is a 3 on 1 interview base. Who are the interviewers? Vets, current students, teachers?

So Illinois interview is a 3 on 1 interview base. Who are the interviewers? Vets, current students, teachers?

You get one faculty member, one practicing veterinarian/researcher from the state, and one 4th year student typically. You'll all be fine I swear.

My interview was in the dean's office... with the dean... I survived and made it, you can too!

Reactions: 1 user
Last year they didn't send out emails with our interview times, it was updated on the portal.

I got an email at 2:15pm on Jan 29th... interview at 8am... last name S... OOS student

Does anybody know if we are allowed to bring a guest? There is nothing in the email or on the interview page. :) I'm very excited!

I got an email at 2:15pm on Jan 29th... interview at 8am... last name S... OOS student

Does anybody know if we are allowed to bring a guest? There is nothing in the email or on the interview page. :) I'm very excited!
Definitely, guests are welcome. There are talks that are good for parents/family to hear. There's also a good spot in the atrium to leave your guest as you interview.

You get one faculty member, one practicing veterinarian/researcher from the state, and one 4th year student typically. You'll all be fine I swear.

My interview was in the dean's office... with the dean... I survived and made it, you can too!
Ahh all of this is so exciting! Question: do the interveiwers ask if you have any questions upon exiting the interview? If so what questions are appropriate to ask at that point?

Ahh all of this is so exciting! Question: do the interveiwers ask if you have any questions upon exiting the interview? If so what questions are appropriate to ask at that point?
I was asked about any questions I had. I wouldn't overthink it. If you have questions about the curriculum or school in general, there's a 4th year and faculty member there. If you have questions about post-grad life or anything like that, there's an alumnus there.

Are there others out there who haven't got an interview time yet or should I be contacting them today. .

Still nothing here. I'm guessing they're waiting to send out IS so all of the OOS applicants can get their hotels and whatever sorted out first.

I'm IS and got my interview time last week.

Anyone else at the 8:50 time slot?

Mine came at 11:17 today! 3:40 interview time. I'm IS with last name M.

Well I called U of I and they said that they sent it on Friday! Something must be wrong on my end :( Is there anything else important in the email besides the time? I called the and mine is at 2:15 pm! If anyone could let me know what else was in the email I would greatly appreciate it! :) :) :)

Well I called U of I and they said that they sent it on Friday! Something must be wrong on my end :( Is there anything else important in the email besides the time? I called the and mine is at 2:15 pm! If anyone could let me know what else was in the email I would greatly appreciate it! :) :) :)

The big thing was the time. The rest of the e-mail basically said to check the website interview page for more info on the schedule for the day and that sort of thing (so the other stuff that was in the previous e-mail).

The big thing was the time. The rest of the e-mail basically said to check the website interview page for more info on the schedule for the day and that sort of thing (so the other stuff that was in the previous e-mail).

Thank you very much! :)

Same just called and they sent it on Friday but I never got it o_O

Check spam/junk folders!
I checked everything before calling..requested to have it sent again and still nada :/ not sure what went wrong but if any of you haven't gotten an email by now I'd call.

Reactions: 1 users