University of Illinois - Chicago: c/o 2019 [Entering 2015]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sphuan2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd create the next thread for this year's application cycle! We can post any questions here and compare stats as well! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I just submitted the supplemental app recently! time to wait... is anyone else applying early decision?

Has anybody heard back yet?? I am still waiting...

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody heard back yet?? I am still waiting...

I only received an email that they've received my supplemental application and will be reviewing my app soon. We probably won't hear back for interviews until after the supp deadline passes

Honestly, the best way to prepare for the MMI is to just relax. The types of questions they are going to ask are scenario based questions. "What ifs, What would you do, How would you handle this," type questions. I don't remember the exact questions I was asked although there was one about how you would deal with rude patients in a pharmacy. The nice thing is you don't need any pharmacy background to answer the questions they will ask.

I always say if you can try to avoid extreme answers to their situation and behavior questions, you should generally be fine.

If the interview day is set up the same as last year, here's how it will go: you'll get to the lobby and several current pharmacy students will be there to talk to you and the other applicants. If you're still making a decision about which pharmacy school to attend, be sure to talk to us and get our perspective! Everyone will then go to a room with a light breakfast of something like juice and muffins, you'll introduce yourselves, and randomly pick your group. One group will go on the tour first and another will do interviews. There might be another group that does something else, I can't remember. The groups switch and do all the same stuff eventually. The interview is pretty chill so don't be nervous, but do take it seriously. There are 5 or 6 rooms, each with a different prompt, and you spend only 5 minutes in each. We got to see all the prompts on paper for before starting any of the interviews. I don't remember exactly how long we were able to look because it went by so quickly, but it was probably 5 or 10 minutes so we generally knew what to expect. The writing part was at the very end and like lionheart said, it's simple.

these are some posts from last years thread. hope it helps!

i also received a second email confirmation this morning that I've move onto step three (application review).

Last edited:
I applied early decision. Haven't heard anything, but I also submitted kind of last minute. :/

I submitted my app last minute on sep 1st for early admission. Just got my supp invitation yesterday.
Is it true that early admission is tougher than regular?

I submitted my app last minute on sep 1st for early admission. Just got my supp invitation yesterday.

This is the first year UIC is doing early decision but I'm not sure on the difficulty. I know that undergrad's ED admission rates are higher than regular but I've been hearing that for pharmacy school, ED is composed of more competitive applicants.

Also you just got your supp invite? I thought that it was due last Friday for ED. I would call them to confirm though.

I just called them. They said that as long as i submitted the app on pharmcas before the deadline, it should be considered as ED because it takes up to 4 weeks for pharmcas to verify the apps and send them over for review. You scared me for a bit there lol But yeah im trying to finish the supp asap. Btw, do I just need to email them the forms? or mail it? im a little confused.

Thanks!

Oh that's good! I just had that day marked as the deadline for the supp app. You need to email part1 and part2 through email, and part3 is done online. Part3 is also where you pay the supp fee.

Mines like that too! Strange.. maybe its a sign they're done reviewing our supp apps? Hopefully that means we'll hear about the interview soon.

"There is no supplemental status information for Illinois-Chicago, University of at this time. Please review the School Pages on the PharmCAS web site or contact the institution directly for supplemental requirements. "

Just saw this on the supplemental materials tab on my Pharmcas application... anyone else seeing this?

Mine says that for almost every school I applied to since I turned in PharmCAS (a week after it opened). I think it just means the school isn't utilizing the PharmCAS system to update their supplemental status or something...

Really? But my UIC supp apps were updated here for a while. It used to have the 3 parts with the date UIC received them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yeah!! UIC was the only school that was updated. My bad xD (this is vanessalix haha)

Now none of my schools on PharmCAS have updates about the supplemental...

Still haven't heard anything other than they are reviewing my app. I submitted my application and supplemental almost a month before the deadline...

Yeah I'm surprised theres no interview invites out yet. According to their website, the first interview date is Sept 30 too.

Reactions: 2 users
So let's say If you don't get an interview does that mean you are rejected and being transferred to the regular cycle? And when can we apply to other pharmacy schools? Thanks!

This is at the end of an email from UIC (Application Process):

An applicant faces three possible outcomes after the admissions interviews.
  • the applicant might be offered admission to one of our campuses
  • the applicant may be placed in a holding pattern
  • the applicant might be denied admission.

I'm not sure if the holding pattern means you're placed into regular decision though.

Reactions: 1 user

I'm in the same boat as you. I submitted my app August 30th, and my last transcripts just arrived on September 1st lol

I just called the office of student affairs and I was told that the dean is out of town right now. So they're waiting to get his approval on the interview invites. They said that he should be back on Wednesday and estimates that they will be sent out on Thursday or Friday.

Reactions: 2 users
I just called the office of student affairs and I was told that the dean is out of town right now. So they're waiting to get his approval on the interview invites. They said that he should be back on Wednesday and estimates that they will be sent out on Thursday or Friday.
Called today too and got the exact info...

me too lol. hopefully that means a second email is coming soon

finally got the interview invite! check your emails!

me too! i guess ill see ya there :) and yeahhh, i havent even thought about practicing yet. didnt want to jinx it before i got the invite.

it also seems that they removed sept 30th as an interview option

me too! i guess ill see ya there :) and yeahhh, i havent even thought about practicing yet. didnt want to jinx it before i got the invite.
Waiting until the 20th is way too long for me...

Last edited:
I selected the 20th. I have some stuff going on beforehand so that was the best date for me =]

Reactions: 1 users
Me too Oct 4th!! Does anybody know how to prepare for it? :nailbiting::nailbiting:
And Do all the applicants get interview invs?

Me too Oct 4th!! Does anybody know how to prepare for it? :nailbiting::nailbiting:
And Do all the applicants get interview invs?
I doubt it, but I would expect a high percentage of ED applicants to get an interview.... The school information page states that 450 interviews are given out for 210 seats (chicago + rockford). It's safe to assume they get a lot more applications than that.

Do you guys think that perhaps the ED applicant pool is smaller than they expected, since they were able to knock out an interview day?

I doubt it, but I would expect a high percentage of ED applicants to get an interview.... The school information page states that 450 interviews are given out for 210 seats (chicago + rockford). It's safe to assume they get a lot more applications than that.

But isnt the 450 interviews including the regular admission as well?
And arent you guys nervous?? :shrug:

Anybody knows if the result comes out to be 'denied for early admission', will you still be able to apply again for regular admission in october?
I'm jut trying to prepare for the worst. Lol

But isnt the 450 interviews including the regular admission as well?
And arent you guys nervous?? :shrug:

Anybody knows if the result comes out to be 'denied for early admission', will you still be able to apply again for regular admission in october?
I'm jut trying to prepare for the worst. Lol

Yes, the 450 includes regular admission. If you are deferred you can apply for the regular admission.

They are cramming all the ED interviews into 8 hours. There are four of us here going on the 4th... I wonder how many people they interview per block.... Any idea?

They are cramming all the ED interviews into 8 hours. There are four of us here going on the 4th... I wonder how many people they interview per block.... Any idea?

I heard that there are 5 or 6 stations for the MMI, so maybe 12-18 people total if they split us into different groups (one does the interview, one for the tour, one for the writing prompt). Just a wild guess lol.

I interview in Rockford this Friday! So excited, but SO nervous!

Reactions: 3 users
I interview in Rockford this Friday! So excited, but SO nervous!

Congrats! Good luck on your interview!
Please give feedback after! mine is on Saturday :0

ya let us know how it goes! For those of you interviewing on Saturday at Chicago, I'll be the one in the black suit... along with everyone else. But seriously, maroon tie, probably trying not to sweat too much because suits are hot and nerves are always a little tense when interviewing

I'll look for you :D Dont worry, you'll do fine!
Btw for the writing portion, any ideas how it would be? or how exactly should you prepare for it?
And why is the interview 4 hrs long? :eek: isnt it too long? This is my first.

I'll look for you :D Dont worry, you'll do fine!
Btw for the writing portion, any ideas how it would be? or how exactly should you prepare for it?
And why is the interview 4 hrs long? :eek: isnt it too long? This is my first.

I think besides the interview and writing portion, theres a tour and a meet&greet thing with some students. But yeah, hopefully 4 hours is an overestimate lol.

yeah unfortunately there's a writing prompt :( honestly i don't know why the pcat even has a writing section lol. i feel most schools make you write an essay at the interview.

Yea for real. And Is this you guys' first time applying? Just wondering. Mind sharing your stats?

Yup, this is my first time!

cGPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.6
PCAT: 96

Yup, this is my first time!

cGPA: 3.7
sGPA: 3.6
PCAT: 96

Oh wow that's amazing. No worries you'll get in for sure

Mine is sucky :( guess it was a miracle that I even gotten to the interview round lol

oGPA :3.3
sGPA :3.2
Pcat: 79

Mine is sucky :( guess it was a miracle that I even gotten to the interview round lol

There is a lot more to acceptance than grades. :)

Lol thanks but still so nervous for this interview. Probably will be the worst part of my app :/