University of Illinois - Chicago: c/o 2019 [Entering 2015]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY! On the interview today! I will see you guys later!

Members don't see this ad.

Lol thanks but still so nervous for this interview. Probably will be the worst part of my app :/
Nice seeing you at the interview!
Hope to see you guys in the Fall!!

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
What did you guys think of the interview?? I thought the prompts were really straightforward and everyone was super nice! :) Can't wait til we hear back!

Members don't see this ad :)
What did you guys think of the interview?? I thought the prompts were really straightforward and everyone was super nice! :) Can't wait til we hear back!
The first room was the hardest for me. I'm already compulsively checking my phone.

I ran out of things to say in the second room lol (my first station too). lots of awkward silences... hopefully my other rooms made up for it!

I was told that the decision should be sent out the latest is Oct 24th. One of the guy said they might send it early like a week or two after the interview as well!

I was told within 2 weeks of the interview, but I still check my email every chance I get!

Hello! I'm a current student at this school. If you have any questions about the school, i'll be glad to help. Unfortunately, I don't remember too many details about the interview process but it seems like it's the same format as last year, so I may be somewhat knowledgeable. Good luck and congrats on all your interviews!

Reactions: 1 users
Almost 2 weeks now..so nerve wrecking :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck on those who got interview! I just apply now for the regular session. Please can you guys share your stats if you don't mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm hoping they don't wait until the 24th to let us know...
I'm pretty sure that's what they are doing. :/ I was expecting and email today. No luck.

anyone know when those who applied with just the regular cycle will receive interview invites?

anyone know when those who applied with just the regular cycle will receive interview invites?

I looked at the previous years' thread before and I don't remember when they received the invite but their interview dates were around late January, so I'm assuming maybe early January?

Good luck!

I looked at the previous years' thread before and I don't remember when they received the invite but their interview dates were around late January, so I'm assuming maybe early January?

Good luck!

thanks! UIC is my top choice, but I wanted to see what some other schools had to offer as well!

Just waiting to hear back from UIC now; all other schools have given me an interview and have accepted me! However, I don't want to just rely on UIC in case I don't get an invite. Should I put money down just to be on the safe side? Thanks guys!

thanks! UIC is my top choice, but I wanted to see what some other schools had to offer as well!

Just waiting to hear back from UIC now; all other schools have given me an interview and have accepted me! However, I don't want to just rely on UIC in case I don't get an invite. Should I put money down just to be on the safe side? Thanks guys!

Yeah I would put down the deposit for your second choice and wait for UIC. I think it's worth the guarantee that if you somehow don't get into UIC, that you'll still be able to start in the fall at another school.

just got accepted!! :) check your emails!

Woo hoo!!!
Accepted too! :) See you next year...

Are those of you that were accepted going to the Chicago campus? I haven't heard and I am hoping it's because I applied to Rockford

Accepted too! See you guys in the Fall! :D

Hi, so I submitted my application for the regular cycle and I just received the email today for the supplemental application. Does anyone have any idea how long the responses should be?

Hi, so I submitted my application for the regular cycle and I just received the email today for the supplemental application. Does anyone have any idea how long the responses should be?

I wasn't sure about that either. I wrote a decent sized paragraph for each probably. Some required longer.

Ahh, Thank you!! Also, did you leave some blank if it didn't apply to you?
I wasn't sure about that either. I wrote a decent sized paragraph for each probably. Some required longer.

Ahh, Thank you!! Also, did you leave some blank if it didn't apply to you?

Yep! Just say what you need to. Being too wordy can look bad too.

I had around half the box for the first question and 3/4 for the second question. I agree with pharmer93 though, don't write more than you need to. I actually emailed them about the length when I was writing it and there's no min/max length!

For those who have been accepted, what is a UIN and where do I find it?

Mine was on the top of my acceptance email

Yea... The UIN should be right underneath your name

anyone know when those who've applied for the regular cycle will get interview invites?

Did anyone receive their interview invite? I submitted my supplemental on the 10th but haven't received reply back yet..

Hey Guys!

FIRST, Congrats to those that got accepted to UIC! You should be very excited! Dont forget to submit your dues in time before the deadline!

I am currently a pharmacy student at UIC and just want to give some tips. I took the pcat in September 2013 and received supplemental application request Nov. 2013 from UIC. Invitations received around Jan 2014 for interview. Accepted Feb 2014.

1. Dont be discouraged from applying to UIC because of low PCAT scores. Some people that have applied and are in my class have PCAT scores low scores in the 50's but their GPA is amazing! GPA is more important than PCAT but both are important. So COMPOSITE scores in the 50's are acceptable but make sure your bio and chem scores are at least 80. Nevertheless, just apply and see what happens!

2. If you decide to apply to UIC, it is never too late until the last day they accept applications. People will receive invitations to interviews all the way through March, if invited.

3. Compared to Midwestern and Rosalind Franklin (accepted to both)...UIC's interview was so weird and makes almost everyone feel uncomfortable and unconfident on their performance after the interview. So dont feel so bad afterward and just wait for the confirmation email (BE PATIENT!) I received mine on valentines day last year and interviewed the first week they offered in Jan.

4. In the supplemental applications about sending them your classes, responses to their questions, and GPA, make sure to designated which location that you want to go to in the check box! I am at the chicaco campus and I do not know anyone that chose "I do not have a preference" that goes to chicago campus.

5. The interview day consists of meeting in the lobby, going upstairs to the conference room, separating into even groups, going to interview, writing assessment, and a little tour of the building. Depending on your group, this will influence the order of your writing assessment, tour, and interview since groups will rotate. Dont be scared for your writing assessment! I only wrote using one paragraph and this filled up one side of a paper. But, write as much as you need to get your point across. Some people wrote 5 paragraphs. It is simple and I highly doubt they look at it unless they are unsure if they want you in the program after reviewing your interview skills.

6. Lastly, getting an interview is a good sign (for any pharmacy school)! This means that they really like your applications and all you need to do is to impress them with your talking and interviewing skills! Practicing helps calm down nerves.

If you have anymore questions, you can send them so me and I will try and get back! Good Luck!

Last edited:
are there any tips to prepare for the mmi?

got an interview for dec 13th!!

When did you apply? Would do mind sharing you stats(gpa, pcat, voluntary hours). Thanks

Can anyone fill me in on the supplemental application? Are there any essays? I haven't received it yet and would like to prepare my essay answers as soon as possible :)

Can anyone fill me in on the supplemental application? Are there any essays? I haven't received it yet and would like to prepare my essay answers as soon as possible :)
The supplemental application has several essay questions, but not full blow essays. I was able to answer them in 1 to 2 paragraphs. They ask you which campus you prefer and why and if you are an out-of-state applicant, like myself, they want to know why you chose to apply to UIC over your home state schools. There is also a section asking whether you're willing to work with the medically underserved population (as well as a couple of other questions that I can't recall at the moment...). I just got my invitation to interview today. I am very excited! I will be there in January.

The supplemental application has several essay questions, but not full blow essays. I was able to answer them in 1 to 2 paragraphs. They ask you which campus you prefer and why and if you are an out-of-state applicant, like myself, they want to know why you chose to apply to UIC over your home state schools. There is also a section asking whether you're willing to work with the medically underserved population (as well as a couple of other questions that I can't recall at the moment...). I just got my invitation to interview today. I am very excited! I will be there in January.

Thanks for your help! Congrats on your interview invite! Good luck! :)

Congratulation for getting an interview at UIC. That's one step ahead. Please can you share your Stats such as GPA, PCAT, Outstate or InState ? if you don't mind.
Also when did you apply for Pharmcas? When did you submit you supplement to UIC. Because i am waiting for my interview. Thank you very much!!!!!

Congratulation for getting an interview at UIC. That's one step ahead. Please can you share your Stats such as GPA, PCAT, Outstate or InState ? if you don't mind.
Also when did you apply for Pharmcas? When did you submit you supplement to UIC. Because i am waiting for my interview. Thank you very much!!!!!
Thank you :) I submitted my app to PharmCas on November 3rd but it wasn't officially "complete" until November 18th. They invited me to fill out the supplemental on the 24th of November and invited me to an interview on the 3rd of December. I am an out of state applicant, from Denver, the mile high city, that's what the 5280 stands for on my username :D
sGPA 3.56
cGPA 3.26
PCAT 93
3 years working in health clinic
2 years endocrine/pharmacology research

in-state applicant
applied sept 30
sGPA: 3.92
cGPA: 3.94
PCAT: 99th percentile
undergrad research, lots of volunteer experience (health related and general), honors clubs at my college, and a variety of pharmacy shadowing experiences in different settings