University of Illinois - Chicago: c/o 2019 [Entering 2015]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just had my interview this past weekend. Can anyone give me a estimate time on how long they take to get back to you on acceptance/waitlist/rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
To those of you that have been accepted, have you received anything in the mail?

I have been accepted too!! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats on those who are accepted!! I have submitted my supplemental in early November. Haven't heard anything back about the interview invitation. Being nervous:confused:

Did someone apply to UIC and chicago state? I want to know if you get accepted to both pharmacy school because i heard that chicago State and UIC are in contact and if you got accepted to Chicago State, UIC will not accept you anymore. I apply to both school but Chicago state put in in their waiting list. And all friends who has a decent pcat score compare to mine got accepted. I didn't know why i got on waiting list. Asking people, someone told me and i want to know if it is true. By the way, i got interview for UIC in Jan 13 2014.

Did someone apply to UIC and chicago state? I want to know if you get accepted to both pharmacy school because i heard that chicago State and UIC are in contact and if you got accepted to Chicago State, UIC will not accept you anymore. I apply to both school but Chicago state put in in their waiting list. And all friends who has a decent pcat score compare to mine got accepted. I didn't know why i got on waiting list. Asking people, someone told me and i want to know if it is true. By the way, i got interview for UIC in Jan 13 2014.

That's not true. I'm a P1 and I know a couple of my classmates that were accepted into Chicago State

Last edited:
So I have my interview scheduled for January 13th. To those who already got interviewed and accepted, how was MMI process like? How did you prepare for the intervie? UIC is my top choice and I would love to get tips on how to prepare myself for the interview :D

Members don't see this ad :)
So I have my interview scheduled for January 13th. To those who already got interviewed and accepted, how was MMI process like? How did you prepare for the intervie? UIC is my top choice and I would love to get tips on how to prepare myself for the interview :D

Hi! I also scheduled to have my interview on Jan 13th. It is going to be my first MMI, so same boat here! I heard that we will have 5 mins to read all the scenarios before the rotation. Then we will have 30 seconds to review the scenario before entering the room (not sure if the info is still accurate:confused:). For those who already had the interview, please give us some tips:love:, such as how many stations do we have and how long per station?

Hi! I also scheduled to have my interview on Jan 13th. It is going to be my first MMI, so same boat here! I heard that we will have 5 mins to read all the scenarios before the rotation. Then we will have 30 seconds to review the scenario before entering the room (not sure if the info is still accurate:confused:). For those who already had the interview, please give us some tips:love:, such as how many stations do we have and how long per station?

Hi there! Thats awesome I guess I'll be seeing you there :)
Also good to know that we get the scenarios beforehand to read up on and mentally prepare ourselves with. I learned that there are 6 different stations that we have to go through...although this was from a person who did early decision so I don't know if they change the setup for regular admission interviews.

Hi there! Thats awesome I guess I'll be seeing you there :)
Also good to know that we get the scenarios beforehand to read up on and mentally prepare ourselves with. I learned that there are 6 different stations that we have to go through...although this was from a person who did early decision so I don't know if they change the setup for regular admission interviews.

Yep, we will see how it exactly works on the 13th:). My interview is in the afternoon, starts at 1pm, you?

Hi Is anybody here you've already had their interviews with UIC and have had a holding pattern status?

So i got placed on the waitlist at uic what are more chances of getting accepted to class of 2015

I am also curios if we have any chances to get accepted

I am also curios if we have any chances to get accepted
My application is strong but I dont know what i messed up on the interview portion. from what i heard last year everyone on the waitlist got accepted because they had a shortage of seats. Hopefully i hope our chances our high but it will kinda sucks at the moment. I came to this network in order to still have hopes of getting in.plzzzzz

My application is strong but I dont know what i messed up on the interview portion. from what i heard last year everyone on the waitlist got accepted because they had a shortage of seats. Hopefully i hope our chances our high but it will kinda sucks at the moment. I came to this network in order to still have hopes of getting in.plzzzzz

Good luck and hope you hear the good news soon! How soon you hear back from UIC after the interview?

I heard back like the day after so I dont know what that means. does it mean i dont stand a chance. I just wanted an answer if i am denied or accepted. If they wanted to deny be the first place they would have already done so right?

Interviewed yesterday :). Now the wait for the acceptance email begins! :xf:

Got accepted!!!!!:soexcited:
Congrats on getting accepted!! Did they tell you how much the deposit is and when is the deadline to submit it? Also my interview is today at 1 so I'm really nervous, do you have any advice. Can you please share your stats if you don't mind.

I got accepted yesterday too! The acceptant email was in my spam email! I just paid the midwestern last night, hope can get a full refund back!

Congrats on getting accepted!! Did they tell you how much the deposit is and when is the deadline to submit it? Also my interview is today at 1 so I'm really nervous, do you have any advice. Can you please share your stats if you don't mind.

Thank you!! Yes they tell you how much the deposit is in the acceptance email. You have to deposit $1000 thru either a check or money order and attach it with the acceptance form and mail/hand deliver to them. For me, the deadline is Jan 27th by 5:00 p.m.

My stats were:
cGPA: 3.95
sGPA; 3.92
PCAT: 95
Volunteer pharmacy tech (about 7 months), and a couple of extracurricular activities, officer position in honor society.
Good luck on the interview! It is not difficult at all! :)

I got accepted yesterday too! The acceptant email was in my spam email! I just paid the midwestern last night, hope can get a full refund back!

Congratulations!!!! They got back to us pretty fast, I was sitting here thinking I am going to get a reply back at least 2 weeks later but they responded the very next day so that was great!. My midwestern interview isn't until Feb 11 but I am going to be withdrawing my application. Welcome to UIC COP c/o 2019!!!:)

Let me know if you hear from UIC...

I interviewed yesterday and they just sent me an email saying that I got accepted . Good Luck everyone!

I interviewed yesterday and they just sent me an email saying that I got accepted . Good Luck everyone!
Congrats on the acceptance. I interviewed yesterday as well and I just got my acceptance letter :) What group number where you in?

anyone know when we will get information about class registration? filing the FAFSA, etc?

Did anybody start the process of doing the Fall Update through PharmCAS? I think it takes about 2 weeks after transcripts are sent in the mail to post to your PharmCAS profile. Any thoughts?

No I haven't yet... I am freaking out too... I already gave up on this school.... I will be really surprised if I hear from them...

Hello all, just thought I should post here to thank all of you for your help!
Interviewed: 1/24/15
Accepted: 1/26/15
4.0 GPA
85 PCAT
In-State Applicant, did all of my undergrad at College of DuPage (Community College), and was actually very surprised (but grateful) they accepted me, especially considering that they are beefing up the prerequisite classes for next year's cycle.
For extracurricular stuff, I was a volunteer at the inpatient pharmacy for about 6 months as well as playing in a few orchestras.

Best of luck to those still awaiting a response, or to those going to interview

I have an interview on the 2nd of feb at 1pm! Could someone tell me the interview process and how to prepare for it?

I have an interview on the 2nd of feb at 1pm! Could someone tell me the interview process and how to prepare for it?

A lot of it is generally explained in the e-mail that they sent you with the interview invite. The video there was particularly helpful.

From personal experience, the best possible thing to do is relax and be yourself. The interview is an MMI process, so there are about six stations with different questions and you have 5 minutes in each. The questions are mostly scenario based and so there is nothing like "tell me about yourself" or "why pharmacy". They will definitely get to know you through your answer, but before the interview day there is nothing that you can really do other than to prepare to be yourself and actually have a little fun! (I found it kinda fun at least).

Also, don't worry too much about the questions, you'll get ample time to review them before hand so you can have a general idea of what you might respond with. Everyone there is also really nice so you'll be relaxed and everything!

I wish you the best of luck in the interview!

A lot of it is generally explained in the e-mail that they sent you with the interview invite. The video there was particularly helpful.

From personal experience, the best possible thing to do is relax and be yourself. The interview is an MMI process, so there are about six stations with different questions and you have 5 minutes in each. The questions are mostly scenario based and so there is nothing like "tell me about yourself" or "why pharmacy". They will definitely get to know you through your answer, but before the interview day there is nothing that you can really do other than to prepare to be yourself and actually have a little fun! (I found it kinda fun at least).

Also, don't worry too much about the questions, you'll get ample time to review them before hand so you can have a general idea of what you might respond with. Everyone there is also really nice so you'll be relaxed and everything!

I wish you the best of luck in the interview!
Thank you so much! This definitely helped a lot.

For those of you who got accepted and paid the deposit, did you receive an acceptance letter from mail?

I received an acceptance letter prior to the deposit. Within that letter, they stated the next steps in securing your spot at the school. Then once I put down the money, I got an email from them saying Thank you for accepting UIC as your pharmacy school. Nothing since then.

Got my interview on Feb 2 and got accepted the next day! Wow they're pretty quick on the decision process!

I received an acceptance letter prior to the deposit. Within that letter, they stated the next steps in securing your spot at the school. Then once I put down the money, I got an email from them saying Thank you for accepting UIC as your pharmacy school. Nothing since then.

Thank you for your reply :)

So there was no login information or a list of things to do prior to matriculation? I know midwestern's letter said we had to apply for pharm tech license

So there was no login information or a list of things to do prior to matriculation? I know midwestern's letter said we had to apply for pharm tech license
I haven't received anything yet except for an email notification confirming my deposit. I did get some emails from certiphi, but they may have been from other schools I applied to.

For those of you that got accepted, congrats! UIC is an awesome place to be. For those of you who are still waiting...don't panic. If you made it this far, you have a good chance. Also, UIC's application system is a little archaic, so if you didn't receive a supplemental application, check your junk mail! Mine was in my junk mail for an entire month before I realized it! Back to those of you who were accepted...like I said, UIC is a little archaic when it comes to updating you, but you will EVENTUALLY receive an email that has all the information that you will need to prepare for the upcoming year. So long as you have paid your deposit (which will be refunded to you at the beginning of the semester), then just sit tight. If you are eager to get a head start, then all I would suggest if finding all of your old immunization records, because you will be required to have updated immunization records. Before entering school, you will have to provide titers showing immunity (don't do this now though), as well as take a couple of booster shots. If you are missing any immunizations, you will have to take those as well. You will also have to do a background check and drug test. Unfortunately UIC does NOT accept the one that is through PharmCAS, so if you did that one, you will have to redo it. You will also have to apply for a pharmacy technician license, but it is better to wait until you start school, so that you can apply for the student pharmacist license. This will make it easier in the future when you renew. What else, what else... You should receive information about your UIC student account (unless if you were a previous UIC student, in which case your UIN stays the same). Once you receive your student ID, this will enable you to add your classes (but that isn't till much farther ahead). You will have orientation later in the summer, and they will explain everything to you, as well as the white coat ceremony. Bottom line, don't worry, eventually everyone will be on the same page. Realize that UIC is a huge school, so they do lack that communication aspect. It's not as lovey-dovey as Midwestern or some of the other smaller schools. Bear with them, because once you are through the door you will realize that you made the right choice! Congrats once again!

Reactions: 2 users