University of Illinois - Chicago: c/o 2019 [Entering 2015]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an acceptance letter prior to the deposit. Within that letter, they stated the next steps in securing your spot at the school. Then once I put down the money, I got an email from them saying Thank you for accepting UIC as your pharmacy school. Nothing since then.

Yea, don't expect them to be in contact with you for a while. Communication is definitely the one thing they could work on, but so long as you paid your deposit, you are good. Don't worry about the next steps, I promise you 'll receive information later. Refer to my post above, and congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be scheduling my interview for UIC tomorrow!
Anyone have upcoming interview days?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else got placed in a holding pattern? :(

Hi Is anybody here you've already had their interviews with UIC and have had a holding pattern status?

I got placed in a holding patter :( did you receive an email from them yet?

well i'll be retracting my acceptance to UIC so that should open up a spot :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone! I'm new here and I've recently been invited for an interview at UIC. (so stoked! :happy:) I'm probably going to schedule in for the early March slot, but I was wondering what girls typically wear for pharm school interviews in Chicago?? I'm OOS and winters here are typically ~50-60 degrees so I have nooo idea what to wear. lol. Will it be okay if I wear heels or will I be slipping all over the place? Will there be heavy walking for the campus tour? Any hotel recommendations? Sorry for asking so many questions but any input will be greatly appreciated!

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I've recently been invited for an interview at UIC. (so stoked! :happy:) I'm probably going to schedule in for the early March slot, but I was wondering what girls typically wear for pharm school interviews in Chicago?? I'm OOS and winters here are typically ~50-60 degrees so I have nooo idea what to wear. lol. Will it be okay if I wear heels or will I be slipping all over the place? Will there be heavy walking for the campus tour? Any hotel recommendations? Sorry for asking so many questions but any input will be greatly appreciated!

Just want to you from my experience, I worn suit pants with legging inside and flat (I worn ugg boot and changed to flat when I got inside. They have a closet for the interviewees to store coat and others.) There isn't much walking during the tour (in-door, probable 20 mins walking), so if you are comfortable with heels... I live in Chicago, so I am not familiar with the hotel option. Good luck to your interview!

Just want to you from my experience, I worn suit pants with legging inside and flat (I worn ugg boot and changed to flat when I got inside. They have a closet for the interviewees to store coat and others.) There isn't much walking during the tour (in-door, probable 20 mins walking), so if you are comfortable with heels... I live in Chicago, so I am not familiar with the hotel option. Good luck to your interview!
Awesome! Thanks so much for replying! :)

Just got accepted from a holding pattern!!! :D :D :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone!
I just joined this thread and i had one quick question: I have my interview tomorrow on March 2nd and was wondering if writing essays is part of the interview? if yes the what kind of topics did you guys have or I should expect? Congrats to all those who got accepted!

Yes writing essay is a part of the interview. My topic was: describe yourself in 3 adjectives.

I interviewed on the March 4th. If anyone interviewed that day let me know if you heard back! I'm super anxious *fingers crossed*

For those of you that got accepted, congrats! UIC is an awesome place to be. For those of you who are still waiting...don't panic. If you made it this far, you have a good chance. Also, UIC's application system is a little archaic, so if you didn't receive a supplemental application, check your junk mail! Mine was in my junk mail for an entire month before I realized it! Back to those of you who were accepted...like I said, UIC is a little archaic when it comes to updating you, but you will EVENTUALLY receive an email that has all the information that you will need to prepare for the upcoming year. So long as you have paid your deposit (which will be refunded to you at the beginning of the semester), then just sit tight. If you are eager to get a head start, then all I would suggest if finding all of your old immunization records, because you will be required to have updated immunization records. Before entering school, you will have to provide titers showing immunity (don't do this now though), as well as take a couple of booster shots. If you are missing any immunizations, you will have to take those as well. You will also have to do a background check and drug test. Unfortunately UIC does NOT accept the one that is through PharmCAS, so if you did that one, you will have to redo it. You will also have to apply for a pharmacy technician license, but it is better to wait until you start school, so that you can apply for the student pharmacist license. This will make it easier in the future when you renew. What else, what else... You should receive information about your UIC student account (unless if you were a previous UIC student, in which case your UIN stays the same). Once you receive your student ID, this will enable you to add your classes (but that isn't till much farther ahead). You will have orientation later in the summer, and they will explain everything to you, as well as the white coat ceremony. Bottom line, don't worry, eventually everyone will be on the same page. Realize that UIC is a huge school, so they do lack that communication aspect. It's not as lovey-dovey as Midwestern or some of the other smaller schools. Bear with them, because once you are through the door you will realize that you made the right choice! Congrats once again!

Thank you so much for the information. They are very helpful! My pharmacy tech license will expire at the end of this March. I have the 2 years tech license, so they do not allow me to renew it unless I am an enrolled student or certified tech. Is it okay if I renew the license when the school starts? Or all students are required to have an active license prior school starts (I dont know what to do if this is the case)?

Has anyone made a Facebook group for the Rockford campus? I think I'm going to make a new "professional" Facebook for school and it would be nice to connect with some peers!

Current students, how did you go about the background check? Is there anything else required besides this and the immunizations?

I interviewed on March 2 and I didn't receive any email from the admission. Is this normal? It has been almost 2 weeks. My friends heard back like a week after our interviews. Is anyone else in this similar situation? I'm so worried and don't know what to think.
Check your email spam! Mine was in the spam! Good luck.

Hey whats up everyone, excited to see you all next school year.

Thought I would post my info for next year's students

Interviewed - 03/10/15
Accepted - 03/20/15
GPA- 3.7
PCAT- 92nd %
... was a little worried that I applied and interviewed so late

Thanks for all the info guys

Hey guys, has anyone at UIC Rockford signed up for housing? Are you living with roommates or solo?

Also any current UIC Rockford students - how/where do most P1 students live?

Thanks! Congrats to all those accepted so far