University of Iowa Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mimrose

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in seeing if anyone is applying to the University of Iowa College of Pharmacy for Fall 2015 (Class of 2019)! I just e-submitted my PharmCAS App a few days ago and also just sent in my Supplemental Application so fingers crossed! (The waiting part is so tough!)

P.S., does anyone know if we get a confirmation email of some kind once they have received our application and/or supplement?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I receive the confirmation email Sept. 22 and am still waiting!

I just got an interview invite about a day ago, so I'm super psyched and starting to prepare for it xD

Members don't see this ad :)
Mimrose- Did you get an email invitation or was it by mail?

Mimrose- would u mind to share ur application status ? Thanks

I just received an interview invitation. It was sent via email.

Nervous! The interview dates are coming!

Good luck to you! I guess I'm a little more at ease because I just had one last week. I'm excited because I know it's my opportunity to share my passion and commitment to the pharmacy school. Will you be going to the meet and greet on Friday?

Last edited:
Hello all!
I had my interview on the 17th in the afternoon. I know it's pretty early but has anyone heard back on acceptance status? I'm so anxious to find out!

We were told today that acceptances for the first interview would roll out as early as this Monday.

Hello all!
I had my interview on the 17th in the afternoon. I know it's pretty early but has anyone heard back on acceptance status? I'm so anxious to find out!

If you interviewed on Jan 31st, if/when you get your acceptance, please let me know so I know that they've gotten to our applications :)

Reactions: 1 user
I still haven't heard from the 17th. I'm pretty sure I'm not an automatic acceptance because my grades are a tad on the low end.

Ah I see. My GPA is fine but my math & science GPA is kinda sketchy. I did really well on the PCAT, though, so I don't know what to think or how to feel.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, Dean Kelly said that if you have a mediocre resume to expect the wait to be a bit longer than the 4.0...99 PCAT robots out there.

I didn't hear back too.. I did interview on 2/7
I guess I should wait more than 2 weeks.. Hopefully I can hear it back early..

I sort of jinxed myself in a good way by asking, I guess haha -- I got an acceptance email today (interviewed 12/31 like I said). I'll be crossing my fingers for you guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations! I didn't know that they have interview on 12/31

Hi guys! Congratulations to you all. Looking into housing at the moment and was wondering if anyone had suggestions about places to live. Ideal options: 1/2 bedroom, relatively new, predominantly grad students, close to pharmacy school.

Jackie are you a new pharmacy student? When did you interview/hear back? I'm still waiting but I'm worried about housing as well.

I jinxed myself too! Just heard this morning & I'll also be looking for housing! Excited to meet everyone this fall!

Reactions: 1 users
Jackie are you a new pharmacy student? When did you interview/hear back? I'm still waiting but I'm worried about housing as well.

Hi!! I am. Actually got admitted last year but deferred in order to finish off my degree. I heard back roughly a month after my interview.
Haha, saw your second reply. Congratulations! Looking forward to meeting you all this fall.

Just a FYI, they have gone through the 12/31 interview applications.

I didn't hear it back. Waiting is killing me! I did interview on 2/7. Is there anyone hear it back?

Hi all. I've been torturing myself by refreshing this thread multiple times a day in eager anticipation of hearing back as well. I interviewed 1/17 so if I hear back in the near future I will share with the thread, then by comparing the date of your interview with mine you can get a sense of how long you have left to wait. Best luck to everyone!

I 'm right there with you, SKBox! I had my interview the morning of the 17th (I was the bald guy in the three-piece).

I e-mailed Richard the other day to see when we should expect to hear something. He said they are still reviewing apps and will know how many more spots they have available in the coming weeks. So, it sounds like you and I were not instant "ins", but we are not necessarily out of the running...

It still makes me nervous, though, so I added a few more schools to my PharmCAS, just incase. (I had only applied to Iowa and Drake).

Good luck! Let me know if you hear anything, and I'll do the same. :)

I interviewed on 1/17 and still haven't heard anything....I'm nervous and anxious!

One of my professors (not a U of I prof) speculated that we might hear something around spring break, based on similar committees he has been on. He said that they tend to put it off until they have free time, then crank through a whole bunch of them. Just speculation though...

Meanwhile, I have interviews in Kentucky and Tennessee coming up next month. Reeaallly hoping to get my acceptance letter from Iowa before then. It would save me a lot of traveling ( and $$$).

I sent an email to Richard and he said they are still reviewing the applications..

Hey guys! I kinda have a stupid question. I submitted my background check after being accepted and then received an e-mail saying it was completed. Do I need to send it to Iowa or will that happen automatically through the site? The info wasn't all too specific. Thanks!

Hey guys! I kinda have a stupid question. I submitted my background check after being accepted and then received an e-mail saying it was completed. Do I need to send it to Iowa or will that happen automatically through the site? The info wasn't all too specific. Thanks!

If it is through Certiphi, that is PharmCAS's affiliate, and Iowa should get it automatically. I got a background check email the other day too. After I signed up for it, I got an acceptance letter to Drake. Nothing from Iowa yet, though....

Last edited:
OMG... Kentucky was impressive! I think I have a new first choice (though I don't think I'll get in there).

Still nothing from Iowa... I e-mailed Richard and Dean Kelly again yesterday. Got back an auto-response from Richard saying he is out until the 23rd (Gah!). Nothing from the Dean yet.

Anybody else have news?

OMG... Kentucky was impressive! I think I have a new first choice (though I don't think I'll get in there).

Still nothing from Iowa... I e-mailed Richard and Dean Kelly again yesterday. Got back an auto-response from Richard saying he is out until the 23rd (Gah!). Nothing from the Dean yet.

Anybody else have news?

UK was amazing. I was there last week. Be patient, the right opportunity will present itself.

I've been conditionally accepted to UK and UT (Memphis). Both are GREAT schools. Now I have a decision to make... :banana: :soexcited: :clap::biglove::highfive:

Good luck everyone! I hope you all get in where you want to go. I'll be heading south...:hello: :luck:

Hello everyone! Has anyone else heard back regarding acceptance? A guy I work with interviewed on 1/17 as well & just assumes he's on the wait list. Is anyone definitively on the wait list yet or is he paranoid? Thanks and
Congrats on UK & UT!

I interviewed on 1/31 and I have heard nothing from admissions.

In total I interviewed at four schools and got accepted to three of the four. Iowa is the only school that has made zero communication on my admissions decision.

I must have had one bad interview. :eek:

I interviewed on 1/17 and I have not heard back either. Hopefully I hear back soon!

From what I understand, they have the maximum number of active offers out (109) and are unable to send out anymore until people decline, but they have not compiled a true "wait list."

I did my interview on 2/7 morning and got accepted two weeks ago. Hopefully everyone heard back something!

I was accepted to four of the five schools I interviewed at (just got accepted to University of Florida!). :banana:
I'm on the wait list at Iowa though... :sleep:

I was holding out, hoping for in-state tuition, but at this point, I can't wait any longer. There IS a wait list though. If you've not received an e-mail from Richard and/or Dean Kelly, you may want to check in with them.

Good luck, everybody! :luck: