2018 University of Iowa college of pharmacy class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have declined my seat. Good luck to those on the waitlist or waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes I have looked at the page already. However, what puzzles me is that I have heard on the contrary that most pharmacy schools' tuition lower after their first year. Which is why I had posed the question.

Oh I see. I am not very familiar with how this works since I am a resident! I am sure you can contact the school and ask. I wish I was more helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I have looked at the page already. However, what puzzles me is that I have heard on the contrary that most pharmacy schools' tuition lower after their first year. Which is why I had posed the question.

I am out of state too. My understanding is that you have to prove you are in Iowa for some reason other than Pharm school. The easiest way to do this is to live there for a year without going to school or get married to an Iowa resident. Neither are viable options for me so I will be paying the full price of admission :(.

I just asked them and found out that I do have to defer for a year, at least for Iowa. I would have liked to start this year. But looking at the $160k+ debt I would be incurring, I don't mind trying to establish residency first. I am just concerned about the whole looking for job living by myself prospect though.

My understanding is that you have to prove you are in Iowa for some reason other than Pharm school

I wonder how likely and how often students who do this get accepted.

Last edited:
I just got a wait list email. I hope it works out for the best...has anyone else been added to the list. I'm not exactly sure how it works.

I just got a wait list email. I hope it works out for the best...has anyone else been added to the list. I'm not exactly sure how it works.
I am wait listed as well... I received the email last Monday. Super anxious now. Basically, we wait until someone declines their offer of admission and hope we are towards the top of the wait list so we can be contacted next. Crossing fingers for the both of us!

I am wait listed as well... I received the email last Monday. Super anxious now. Basically, we wait until someone declines their offer of admission and hope we are towards the top of the wait list so we can be contacted next. Crossing fingers for the both of us!
Yes! I feel the same way....very anxious. I called last Thursday and talked to Richard....He said the list wasn't ranked so I don't know how they decide who to pull from the list....but my fingers are definitely crossed and I hope for the best for both of us!!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the process/next steps for applying for loans to pay for tuition once our FAFSA is submitted and processed?

Fellow 'waitlisters'... Has any one heard anything?

Hey all, current P3 student here. Congratulations to those admitted and soon-to-be admitted! Feel free to send me message with any concerns or questions!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear from the waiting list?

Last edited:
Anyone hear from the waiting list?
Someone I work with (I actually ended up getting him the job....) was on the waitlist up until about 3 weeks ago. Otherwise I haven't heard anything from anyone else or anything in regards to myself. I just want to knowwwwww.

I have a question that hopefully some upperclass men are able to answer concerning establishing residency for instate tuition. I already know that it is pretty hard for out of state students to be qualified for in state tuition, but I also read that there is an appeal process where students are able to appeal their non-residency status so they can be labeled as in-state students for tuition purposes. Has anyone had any luck with this process, had experience, or knowledge about it? I was wondering if it was worth pursuing since there is a such a large difference between in state and out of state tuition.