University of Kansas (KU) school of Pharmacy.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Favor 2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone applying to KU to start Fall 2015?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I have submitted everything back when it opened up in october...Ive been accepted to a pharmacy program in Tennessee and landed an interview at University of Colorado Skaggs school of pharmacy, but KU would allow me to have the instate tuition rate that will save me about 50k on tuition alone

Great; I have an interview with MCPHS on Feb 1 but the tuition is my main worry. I am waiting on KU's decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I'm also applying for fall 2015--sent in my application mid-December. I'm so nervous! I've been reading older forums and it seemed like they didn't start emailing interview dates until the second week of February. *crossing fingers*

Yeah! Thanks for writing. It helps to know many are waiting like me. Lol

I have applied to KU as well. I'm a little nervous about the timeline too. KU was one of my top choices but I've already received three interviews from other schools.

I had called and the individual speaking with me said it takes awhile for them to comply many applicants to start the interview process...at this time they are organizing interview cycles for each of the coming months...Expect the first to come closer to the end of this month (so it was said but not written in stone) if this helps anyone... and yes interviews will go on up til even the middle of may (when talking about past experiences she said).

The wait is almost unbearable guys! Hopefully they start the emailing process later this week or sometime next week!

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe they send invites out by email! I haven't received one yet but I know that a few people have. Dean Hotchkiss said that they have already completed some interviews and they are sending the acceptance letters out for that batch soon. He also said that if you haven't received an invite yet to not worry. He said it is still early and they still will be sending invites out through March. Hope this helps!

I had my interview on the first day of interviews, they told me I should either here back in two weeks if they do rolling admissions or by April if they let everyone know together.

How was the interview? And what are your stats if you don't mind?

I was very nervous during my interview but besides that it went fine. They asked me very general questions and it only lasted 20 minutes.
As far as stats are concerned, my overall gpa is 3.81 and PCAT score is 70th percentile with a 99 in chemistry.

I was very nervous during my interview but besides that it went fine. They asked me very general questions and it only lasted 20 minutes.
As far as stats are concerned, my overall gpa is 3.81 and PCAT score is 70th percentile with a 99 in chemistry.
That's nice that it didn't last too incredibly long! Hopefully you hear back soon so you don't have to endure another wait!

I got an email today to set up an interview for next Tuesday, the 10th!

I too have received an interview from KU (emailed me earlier today). I think they believe I am still overseas in hawaii (had recieved my degree out there last semester) and invited me to interview via skype lol... I think I'll take the offer of visiting the campus instead since im in the southeast region of kansas for now

Congrats on interview invites. I had mine today. It was really challenging. All the best on your interviews. Don't let your nerves get the best of u.

Hey all,

First off, congratulations to those that have interviewed and good luck to those that have yet to interview! Hopefully your acceptance letter will follow soon after your interview! My roommate and I are looking for a roommate for the upcoming 2015-2016 school year. My roommate will be in her third year of pharmacy school and I will be in my second year of pharmacy school. Our roommate that is leaving is heading into her final year of pharmacy school and will be out on rotations. So we are looking for an incoming first year female student to replace her. If you are interested (accepted female students only please) then shot me an email at [email protected] for more information!

Again, good luck and fingers crossed to you all on getting accepted!

Does anyone know a rough estimate of how many people applied to the Wichita Campus out of the people that gets interviewed?

I have not received an interview yet and I am from Florida. Do you know if they are still sending emails on interview invites?

I interviewed during the first rounds but I have not received an acceptance letter yet

Just finished my interview earlier today and was told that today was the LAST DAY of interviews for the fall 2015 candidates. Also told me that acceptance letters will be mailed out to recipients within the next 1 - 2 weeks. Of the ones accepted 150 will go to the Lawrence campus and 20 to the Wichita campus and those positions will be finalized and known no later than april 15th (maybe sooner but no later than that date for campus location). Best of luck to those waiting for the next week(s).

Oh no. I never received a call or an email for an interview. This will pretty much mean that I will be getting my denial letter:(

In my interview they did say Wednesday was the last of this round but didn't specify that it was the last of all Fall 2015 candidates...but they also said that they were only accepting 156 students this year, essentially replacing the graduating class. However, I was told I would find out in 2 weeks and someone else said they were told very end of March so maybe they aren't all on the same page yet?

I personally dont feel they were all on the same page at all (as far as people accepted and when the end of interviews would be)...considering this came from the interviewers who was a professor for the biochem department and one other dealing with research (and a few others) I somewhat felt an indifference in knowing the when / where of acceptance letters vs. rolling admissions vs. last interviews. Though I was told it was the end for the 2015 students, I somewhat have my doubts seeing not even a month ago it seems that they just started interviews. As for the interview itself i felt great and it was well organized...I just stated what was told to me at the time but after further contacting some other individuals at KU their seems to be more indifferences as far as interviews and how many people will be accepted....for now, the one thing i can say is prepare for a short science / math assessment (which i found fun actually) after your interview. And yes, i too was told up to 2 weeks after the interview you will know by mail if your accepted.

Yeah, they made the assessment sound like it was going to be tough but it wasn't bad at all :)

I got my acceptance letter today. It was sent on March, 11th.
Good luck Guyz.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received my acceptance letter as well after interviewing on march 11th (last week). It also stated I will be going to the Lawrence Campus (says it was mailed out march 18th). If anyone knows of the facebook page being developed for the 2019 class please let me know so i can collaborate with other students for housing (especially for my wife and son) and make proper preparations. Good luck to everyone else for this cycle as well!

I got interviewed on March 7, received mine on the 17th. The letter was written on March 12. At Lawrence as well, Good Luck for those who are still waiting . Hm, I guess need to enroll a facebook now, never use it before.

I think it's over for me. I got no interview and March is about to end. It looks like I will be getting a denial letter. What do y'all think?

Oh no , i got interviewed on March 7 too, but I have not receive acceptance letter yet!

I think it's over for me. I got no interview and March is about to end. It looks like I will be getting a denial letter. What do y'all think?

My interview email said I would know if I got in by April 15 but I don't know if that's the deadline for my interview pool or if it's the hard deadline for everyone...you never know they could be doing another round!

My interview email said I would know if I got in by April 15 but I don't know if that's the deadline for my interview pool or if it's the hard deadline for everyone...you never know they could be doing another round!
think

I'm hoping their still doing another round. I am from Florida. I know the program prefers Kansas students more than out of state I heard. I will be crossing my fingers, hoping to still have a chance for an interview!

I was told they are done with interviews last week.

Oh okay. Hmm. I'm thinking they are done too since some people are getting acceptance letters. I also requested the Lawrence campus on my application.

Hello all! I am apply to pharmacy school next year and I was wondering if anyone had a Dr. Collins that they would be willing to sell.

Congrats to all those who have received acceptance letters! Have anyone sign up for orientation on 6/10?

Congratulations to all that have received acceptance letters.

St. Joseph's Medical Center is looking to hire 4 Student Pharmacy Interns - specifically first year pharmacy students starting Fall 2015. The hospital currently has 8 pharmacy students (4 from UMKC and 4 from KU) that work alternative weekends and one designated weeknight (4:30p-9:30p). If interested apply here: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CARONDELETHEALTH&cws=1&rid=5168.

Also, if there is a female student looking for a place to live next year, my roommate (3rd year next year) and myself (second year next year) are looking for a third roommate. If interest email [email protected] for details. Also, if you have any questions concerning St. Joseph's feel free to shot me an email as well.

Again, congratulations and I look forward to seeing you all on campus next year.