University of Kansas (KU) school of Pharmacy.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received my acceptance letter the 26, dated the 23rd. No campus assignment yet, that'll be in another 3-4 weeks. Congrats to everyone that's been accepted and good luck to those still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, so I applied back in February, got an interview for March 4th, but still haven't received an acceptance letter yet. My GPA is 2.66 but I got a 95 on the PCAT, have some experience at CVS and shadowed for one of the head pharmacists at KUMED. Think I've still got a chance at this point?

Hey everyone, so I applied back in February, got an interview for March 4th, but still haven't received an acceptance letter yet. My GPA is 2.66 but I got a 95 on the PCAT, have some experience at CVS and shadowed for one of the head pharmacists at KUMED. Think I've still got a chance at this point?

from my understanding the candidates have already been picked for fall 2015. what is happening now is that KU is waiting for some to decline the acceptance or defer their acceptance (rare but happens at KU apparently) that way letters can still be mailed out to those next in line. Rejection letters will start to be sent out next week all the way til mid may based on who has given up their seat(s) since orientation and an enrollment deposit are due for those accepted on June 10th and again July 1rst....At this point it is very unlikely to gain that acceptance for this year but at the same time it is not impossible...To not give false hope contact KU admissions and they can give any details you may need. If not here I do wish you the best elsewhere if its in your favor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response, good to know whats really going on.

I know someone that just had their acceptance letter mailed to them this week...don't count yourself out until you get that rejection letter.

I signed up the orientation for June 10. May be will meet few of you guys over there haha. One of my colleague is also applying KU and couple other places this year, and he haven't received any letter yet. So please wait for the letter before giving up. Good luck and have a nice day.

Last edited:
I got my denial letter today. I knew it! I wonder what it may be.

For those accepted with a spouse and/or kids, I just signed a year contract at the Aspen West Apartments which is literally just outside of the KU campus (on the side of the pharmacy building). 2 bedroom 1 bath with water utilities and trash pick up covered in the rent with a laundry facility in the complex's. $540 a month and half off the first month if you sign for a year. I modified my move for the 15th of august and thus got that month for free. The deposit is $400... For any single students wanting your own space the same can be said with a 1 bedroom for $430 a month. Anyway, if anyone is attending the june 10th orientation I will see you then...

Anyone that picked Wichita campus hear about campus assignments yet? Hard to plan ahead when you don't know ugh!!

Thank God, I received my acceptance letter on Saturday May 2, letter dated 4/28. Assigned in Wichita Campus

Last edited:
Congrats! I'll be at the Wichita campus as well :)

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah! Have you signed up for orientation yet or are you already at KU?

Has anyone else not received a rejection/acceptance letter. I had my interview way back in February and still have not heard anything. The office hasn't returned my phone calls either. Feeling quite anxious :/

I never received an interview. But I got my rejection letter back in beginning of April.