University of Kentucky College of Dentistry Class of 2020

teauxmo13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
7f33d093b8f483242613e15e456fe37de9269948b09e8ceefa03d240187977c7.jpg
Good luck to everyone this year!

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to all UK applicants. Anyone received correspondence in regards to supplemental yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Their website says
"Applicants are required to submit at least three letters of evaluation from persons who can support their admission to dental school"
AADSAS only allowed me to upload 2, one committee, one dentist. Does anyone know if that will be okay?

I think you will be fine since the admissions of almost all schools substitute the committee letter with maximum three letters of recommendations from an individual faculty member in your school. That's what AADSAS application instructions correspond to as well. Either a committee letter or individual letters up to three from a professor. I am certain that the admissions committee won't look at it as a negative factor in your application. In any case, you can always check with admissions on that! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Somebody said they got an interview, anyone else get one?

Yes, I did. Filling out secondary now. Interviewed last year, too, but ended up not getting accepted. Hopefully they like the improvements I made since last cycle and I get in this time. I'm OOS, but UK is my #1 choice by far.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes, I did. Filling out secondary now. Interviewed last year, too, but ended up not getting accepted. Hopefully they like the improvements I made since last cycle and I get in this time. I'm OOS, but UK is my #1 choice by far.
Good luck! What are your stats? And ECs? How did they contact you?

3.4 with strong upward trend. 3.7GPA in last 50 hours of 3000-4000 level Science and Biochem courses (undergrad and postbaccalaureate). 20AA. 100+ Research hours doing bacteriophage DNA/RNA isolation in the Molecular Genetics lab at my school. 500+ volunteer mentor/tutoring elementary students, 500+ shadow hours (father-in-law is a dentist so I get a lot of in practice and hands on time), 50+ hours in a dental lab. They sent me an email with the secondary app, and if it is like last cycle, they will email again in the next few days to tell the dates and times available for interview once they receive the secondary.

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted a while back and I think around July 2nd they said "held for comparison" that makes me nervous :/

I submitted a while back and I think around July 2nd they said "held for comparison" that makes me nervous :/

My application was mailed out 7/2 and I got the same email: held for comparison. I am oos.
Ogpa 3.65
Sgpa 3.75
Dat: 23aa/23ts/22pat

My application was mailed out 7/2 and I got the same email: held for comparison. I am oos.
Ogpa 3.65
Sgpa 3.75
Dat: 23aa/23ts/22pat

Yeah I was definitely bummed when I didn't get a supplemental either. There wasn't much else I could do since I made a career change in such a short amount of time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I was definitely bummed when I didn't get a supplemental either. There wasn't much else I could do since I made a career change in such a short amount of time.
When did they tell you "held for comparison" and how?

I received an email several weeks ago.

Is anyone interviewing on August 28th, trying to share a hotel?

You all seem to have pretty good stats. All my transcripts are in finally. Now the waiting period of GPA calculation has begun. Hope it doesn't take them more than 2 weeks to calculate it and then mail out the application in few days after. Hope august is not too late to be an early applicant:nailbiting:

OOS applicant
19AA, 19TS, 17PAT
3.92 overall and science GPA
3.89 BCP

Held for comparison
Notified 7/22, app submitted 7/2

You all seem to have pretty good stats. All my transcripts are in finally. Now the waiting period of GPA calculation has begun. Hope it doesn't take them more than 2 weeks to calculate it and then mail out the application in few days after. Hope august is not too late to be an early applicant:nailbiting:

Not good enough for early consideration I guess!

Anyone know what the dates are for interviews? I'm waiting on a reply that they received my supplemental.

Am I the only one noticing OOS students with high DATs being "held for comparison" and average DATs getting interviews?

*Not taking away from people like Tmac (Congrats to you), just an observation.

As we know, there are always other factors involved. At least that's what I tell myself...

Last edited:
Am I the only one noticing OOS students with high DATs being "held for comparison" and average DATs getting interviews?

*Not taking away from people like Tmac (Congrats to you), just an observation.
one prob im OOS lol

I'm OOS and received an interview invite on July 9.

I don't know what their method for selecting applicants for interview is though.

My GPA was verified yesterday and today I was emailed information to pay the supplemental fee. I'm ready for the supplemental app now.

Any interview offers going out? Seems awful quiet in these parts.

I have an interview on 9/11! I'm in state btw! Also I've visited the campus several times and I believe they told me they interview at most 5 people on days they interview so it may be a long process. They offered several dates with two different times each day so they may have even switched it to one person for each time slot. Best of luck!

I'm interviewing on 9/3! OOS

I have an interview on 9/11! I'm in state btw! Also I've visited the campus several times and I believe they told me they interview at most 5 people on days they interview so it may be a long process. They offered several dates with two different times each day so they may have even switched it to one person for each time slot. Best of luck!

I interviewed last year and got wait listed. The interview day unless it has changed was you had ten people there and you partnered up with someone to go around to group sessions. Each session was about 30 minutes. So when you got you and your partners interview time one of you would go in for the first 15 and then switch.

I interviewed last year and got wait listed. The interview day unless it has changed was you had ten people there and you partnered up with someone to go around to group sessions. Each session was about 30 minutes. So when you got you and your partners interview time one of you would go in for the first 15 and then switch.
Thanks for the heads-up!

Which batch are you? When was your app complete? I am also OOS and applying there but haven't heard anything so far.
I was first batch. Everything was complete on my app when it was sent out on the 24th except no committee letter. My committee letter was uploaded July 8th and then July 9th I got the interview email. Idk if I timed it just right and they saw the LOR that day and then emailed me the interview invite or if they already made the decision before my letters were uploaded and the timing was just a coincidence or something!

Kind of surprised I haven't gotten a supplemental application yet. first batch, paid fee, and 4.0 with 24 AA/25 TS/23 PAT OOS. Other people in the same situation?

Edit: Also I'm not being held for comparison or anything. No emails since notifying me they received my payment.

For those who have received one, what is the supplemental app like? I went through this process a few years ago (I am a non traditional applicant) and back then, it was just a single page, front and back.

Kind of surprised I haven't gotten a supplemental application yet. first batch, paid fee, and 4.0 with 24 AA/25 TS/23 PAT OOS. Other people in the same situation?

Edit: Also I'm not being held for comparison or anything. No emails since notifying me they received my payment.

On what date did you pay the fee?

So there is a supplemental application? Not just an application fee?

The supplemental application has about 12 essays on it and a short background informational section. Nothing major took me about 10 hours of non focused working

The supplemental application has about 12 essays on it and a short background informational section. Nothing major took me about 10 hours of non focused working
Do you know if not everyone receives the supplemental?
Edit: Jk just saw that they send you a supplemental if they're interested in interviewing you. Thank you anyway