Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Limerick

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mm14673

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I was curious if anyone else was accepted and attending the University of Limerick's MSc OT program (Limerick, Ireland). It was the only international program I found which students can directly take the NBCOT on completion. I am beyond excited to start and am hoping maybe there will other students from the USA.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow...congrats! That will be awesome! Just curious, but what was the application process like and what is the tuition (in USD) for their program?

The application process on their website was actually pretty simple! I had to upload my transcripts, personal statement, 2x LOR, birth certificate, resume and work/OT related experience. In addition, I included a list of extracurriculars since I had many that were OT related. I know in years past, they held interviews; however, for my application cycle they did not. After being accepted, I needed to send a deposit, signed acceptance letter and official hard copy of my transcripts to reserve my spot. As it is the only Masters entry program in Ireland, it is pretty competitive. I know on an Irish forum I had read, a few years ago they received around 300 applications for 30 spots. I imagine this year was probably similar. It was the only school I applied to and I feel absolutely blessed to have been accepted. I am thrilled!! :soexcited:

One of the greatest parts of the program is the tuition cost. I believe the tuition comes out to roughly $15,000 USD a year dependent on the Euro exchange rate (not including room and board, meals, travel, etc). The school is recognized by FAFSA, so you can apply for the same federal loans that students use in the USA! The only comparable priced OT school for me in the United States would have been Towson if I lived at home (only OT school in MD), everything else would be much pricier.

I can write out a list of my stats, extracurriculars, work experience, etc. later when I am home from work. Also, I will be glad to answer any questions that you or anyone else may have after I start the program this Fall!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello @mm14673 Congrats on your acceptance! I went to UL for my undergrad, and got into USC's OT program this year.
My sister is also starting OT in UL this fall, but she's from Ireland. Let me know if you have any questions about living in Limerick!

Thank you so much for your response! Congratulations on your acceptance to USC!!! What an incredible school.

I'm gonna PM you!

Can I ask about your stats? Someone on a UK forum was complaining about competitive it was to get into a program in UK (it was like 25 spots with 100 applicants). It's certainly a lot, but compared to some places in the US, that's nothing. I'm considering applying to school in the UK/Ireland since I don't have an in-state school.

Hello OP! Now that you're in school at UL, I'm curious as to how you're finding the program? I would love to hear more about your experience there if you happen to pop back in and see this!

Reactions: 1 users
This is so interesting thanks for making this information available to us. I'm *very* intrigued and will do some research on my own regarding the program. I spent a year at University of Sussex in Brighton, England which has become one of my GREATEST experiences ever... I love the UK! Lol so any other information you could provide regarding the admissions process would be great. Hope you're loving it there

The application process on their website was actually pretty simple! I had to upload my transcripts, personal statement, 2x LOR, birth certificate, resume and work/OT related experience. In addition, I included a list of extracurriculars since I had many that were OT related. I know in years past, they held interviews; however, for my application cycle they did not. After being accepted, I needed to send a deposit, signed acceptance letter and official hard copy of my transcripts to reserve my spot. As it is the only Masters entry program in Ireland, it is pretty competitive. I know on an Irish forum I had read, a few years ago they received around 300 applications for 30 spots. I imagine this year was probably similar. It was the only school I applied to and I feel absolutely blessed to have been accepted. I am thrilled!! :soexcited:

One of the greatest parts of the program is the tuition cost. I believe the tuition comes out to roughly $15,000 USD a year dependent on the Euro exchange rate (not including room and board, meals, travel, etc). The school is recognized by FAFSA, so you can apply for the same federal loans that students use in the USA! The only comparable priced OT school for me in the United States would have been Towson if I lived at home (only OT school in MD), everything else would be much pricier.

I can write out a list of my stats, extracurriculars, work experience, etc. later when I am home from work. Also, I will be glad to answer any questions that you or anyone else may have after I start the program this Fall!!!

What is Limerick like? I've traveled extensively in europe but never ireland!