University of Mary North Dakota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arvest25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else apply here? I scored an interview with them in March! If anyone has any info (other than PTCAS and APTA) about their program, it would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

i really havent heard of this school. how are the facilities? was the application process difficult? what are the require minimums? what were your stats? Good Luck with the interview! :thumbup:

Hello Arvest,

I also got an invitation for interview on March 11th.

I am not sure about their interview process, but I believe they have a mock interview conducted by 1st year PT students this week or next week...(I don't remember the specific date).

Since I am in Los Angeles, CA, I requested for a phone interview and I also requested a phone mock interview.

I was told that I will be informed when the date is decided.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Arvest,

I also got an invitation for interview on March 11th.

I am not sure about their interview process, but I believe they have a mock interview conducted by 1st year PT students this week or next week...(I don't remember the specific date).

Since I am in Los Angeles, CA, I requested for a phone interview and I also requested a phone mock interview.

I was told that I will be informed when the date is decided.

Why didn't you want to do an in person interview on March 11th? I am going to make the trip there b/c I was told that it was highly encouraged for applicants to try and be present for the interview. I did hear about the mock interview, but I'm not going to worry about that! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? And where else did you apply?

I was sure I was the only one who applied there this cycle. Anyway, I applied there also. Yes, I applied everywhere, 16 schools total. I applied there because someone last year got an interview with them with a 2.8 GPA and Was #14 on the waitlist, so he told me to apply there for a back up (he didn't like Bismarck at all). I haven't heard from them yet but I'm not really sweating it right now.

What he told me was the same thing everyone on SDN has been telling people for advice for interviews. Just be relaxed, be yourself, and prepare with the normal PT interview questions. Arvest, you've been to at least one interview already at NYIT right? So you should be relaxed as you know what an interview is like already.

Reading up about their program last summer before PTCAS opened, I was actually drawn to their international mission trip to....Guatemala I believe.

Last edited:
I was sure I was the only one who applied there this cycle. Anyway, I applied there also. Yes, I applied everywhere, 16 schools total. I applied there because someone last year got an interview with them with a 2.8 GPA and Was #14 on the waitlist, so he told me to apply there for a back up (he didn't like Bismarck at all). I haven't heard from them yet but I'm not really sweating it right now.

What he told me was the same thing everyone on SDN has been telling people for advice for interviews. Just be relaxed, be yourself, and prepare with the normal PT interview questions. Arvest, you've been to at least one interview already at NYIT right? So you should be relaxed as you know what an interview is like already.

Reading up about their program last summer before PTCAS opened, I was actually drawn to their international mission trip to....Guatemala I believe.

Jbizzle, I think every school I have applied to you have applied also, lol! Bismarck may not be an attractive place to many, but it kinda draws my attention because it reminds me a lot of home in Arkansas! I love everything about the outdoors: camping, hunting, fishing, boat riding, tubing, lakes, rivers, hiking, mountain climbing, etc. If one ever met me, you would never know it but I'm a country boy at heart! But I will say the cold weather would be an issue I'd have to get use to :S

Yes I do have interview experience, but only with jobs...The NYIT interview got canceled b/c they filled their seats after an interview session in January (my interview was Feb. 8th)! I was a bit upset b/c I had everything already booked and I didn't even get an opportunity to prove that I'm worthy! But oh well, that was a backup school anyway so I'll just use that plane voucher for a vacation somewhere this summer to relax and have fun before school starts (assuming that I get in somewhere)!

And yes, their God's Child Project (the Guatemala trip) is amazing! I have researched and read up on a few of their trips in the past and WOW! That alone is worth going even if you only get to go once during your 3 years there! I can speak from experience of how AMAZING a trip like that is with my volunteer experience working with PTs in Mexico! It really is a life changing experience! And just food for thought...Imagine working in a clinic or hospital and only making $500-$600/month working as a therapist? That is what the therapists I was working with made! And they were extremely happy! There was one guy there who owned his own clinic on the side so he did make a bit more, but still nothing compared to what therapists make here...heck even a secretary!

Hey Arvest,

Yes, on top of the God's Child project, I think UMary PT is one of the few schools who emphasize the importance of leadership. And this is why I like about their program.

I seriously thought about going person to person interview because I was worried about hurting the acceptance chance by doing a phone interview.

But I have a schedule business trip that I could not cancel or rearrange...

I have another interview at Sacred Heart this Sat so I am 100% focused on it for now.... I hope I get in to SHU since it is my #1 choice.

I attended the U of Mary for my graduate doctorate degree in Physical therapy. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the program and now have a job with Mayo Health Systems. I thought the program was well thought out and very highly prioritized research and research based evidence, like a large majority of schools are. I was originally from the area, so yes the outdoors and all the recreation did appeal to me. The winter months can get long, but there is many activities to do in the winter also. If you have any more questions regarding the program don't hesitate to ask.

So much for a back up school...I was straight up rejected.

University of Mary DPT class of 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to thank EVERYONE here for their help! I greatly appreciate all of the great advice you have given me! Wooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!