university of maryland Baltimore (Entering 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Were you on the waitlist? If so, do you mind sharing which number you were on the waitlist? And if not, do you mind sharing when did you receive your acceptance email?

I wasn't on the waitlist and I got my acceptance email on the 8th, April.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted into Shady Grove campus but then I sent them a deposit with a letter that saying I would like to be switched to the Baltimore campus. Then as soon as they got my deposit and the letter, they changed it for me. I hope this will help... :)
Thank you ssamk! I sent my deposit last Thursday before seeing your post! But yeah now just wait till a spot opens...:rofl:

Hi, everyone! Congrats to those who were accepted, and for those still waiting on a response, hang in there ;)

I had a question with regards to the tuition deposit- I sent mine on April 10, but still have not gotten a confirmation that it has been received. Should I be worried?

Hi, everyone! Congrats to those who were accepted, and for those still waiting on a response, hang in there ;)

I had a question with regards to the tuition deposit- I sent mine on April 10, but still have not gotten a confirmation that it has been received. Should I be worried?

I sent mine on April 10th, they sent me a confirmation email on April 14th. I think you should double check if they received your deposit.

Thank you, ssamk! I double checked with them today by calling them, and all was good :)

See you guys in June!

Any more people declining? Called Patrice today and there hasn't bee any wait list movement so far.

As an update I was 5-10 on the wait list April 8th. I just received acceptance into the Shady Grove campus today, but my preferred choice is Baltimore. There's an option to do what ssamk did (pay the deposit and request a switch), but only if spots actually open up will I will be able to switch to the Baltimore campus. I can also just move to the Baltimore wait list without paying a deposit, but the odds of getting in there are less than the odds when you pay the deposit since they take people from that list first. Kind of torn because of the money situation, but UMB is my first choice :(

Any one know if there's a facebook group for incoming students?

Who's going to welcome day? Anyone know if there's a dress code or if it's just casual?

85 PCAT 3.4 GPA two years pharmacy experience no degree. I was really surprised to hear back so quickly. I felt like I had a really good interview though.

Hey! Where'd you do your pre-reqs? I've been a little worried b/c I'm applying this year w/o a degree as well. Just 80 credit hours, majority at a community college. I don't feel I'll be as competitive as a bachelor degree holding person

Congrats! My interview experience was really good. It was a very comfortable atmosphere and my interviewers were great. There were about 20 other interviewees. we were given a schedule of where we would be going throughout the day. First we had a very short orientation then the group split up according to the schedule. I had my essay first, this was the worst part of the interview in my opinion lol. Then I had my interview with a faculty member and after that an interview with two students. I really enjoyed both interviews, they asked basic questions like why pharmacy, if one of your group members were slacking of what would you do, describe your pharmacy experience if any etc. Just look at the questions in the interview feedback page for UMB, those helped me out a lot. After my interviews, I had a group project/presentation, which was actually fun. That was basically it. Just be confident in yourself, that's what helped me. If you're passionate about pharmacy express it has much as you can. Good luck to you!

Oh no..a group project during your interview? What was that about?

For those who got in Fall 2015, How do you like