University of Maryland Fall '12 Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats! When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that interviewed on March 2nd received acceptance email ?

Also accepted, interviewed Feb. 17! Any suggestions for housing?

Is anyone looking for roommates?? Anyone plan to make a fb group?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Feb. 17 and haven't heard anything, but others who interviewed on the same day heard back last week :confused:

Does this mean I wasn't accepted and should I call Ms. Sharp? Thank you for any advice or comment :oops:

I interviewed on Feb. 17 and haven't heard anything, but others who interviewed on the same day heard back last week :confused:

Does this mean I wasn't accepted and should I call Ms. Sharp? Thank you for any advice or comment :oops:

I am wondering the same thing, though I interviewed in January. I've been accepted to every other school I've applied to, but I haven't heard anything from Baltimore.

I am wondering the same thing, though I interviewed in January. I've been accepted to every other school I've applied to, but I haven't heard anything from Baltimore.

I talked with some current students and alumni have worked in the Student Affairs office and they said that its going to take a while for some students to hear back due the way they review applications. At this point, if you haven't heard anything.. there is still a very strong chance that you will receive good news. I believe that Dr. Drugs said somewhere on last year's thread that there are "internal processes" that determine who hears back when and just because someone hears back before someone else, it does not determine your "fate" so to say. The best advice they gave was to stay positive because this process is very grueling on both the adcom and candidates. Best of luck to all :)

Hi everyone! I just had a quick question. I was looking at last year's thread and it had people calling the school to ask whether they got rejected or waitlisted. If I interviewed Feb 17th and haven't heard anything, should I call them now and ask? Or should I just wait until April?

Also, it appears that they send out waitlist emails but not rejection emails, right?

Thank you! Best of luck to everyone :)

It's nice to know I wasn't the only person feeling anxious :rolleyes:

Hi everyone! I just had a quick question. I was looking at last year's thread and it had people calling the school to ask whether they got rejected or waitlisted. If I interviewed Feb 17th and haven't heard anything, should I call them now and ask? Or should I just wait until April?

Also, it appears that they send out waitlist emails but not rejection emails, right?

I read those too in last year's thread! I am going to wait until the last week of March since it seems that people who interviewed the last two days have not heard back. They will probably hear back next week..

I called Patrice Thursday last week (3/15) and she said that at this point, she can't tell us whether or not candidates have been rejected or waitlisted yet because adcom is still meeting and still deciding. I think kaciepharmd is right...we should wait until end of March.

Your decision might be in the mail, so I would probably wait a few days.

Hang in there :) I interviewed on 3/2 as well, and I'm still waiting.
i thought they email everyone about acceptance or waitlists...when do they send out rejection letters?

i thought they email everyone about acceptance or waitlists...when do they send out rejection letters?

I'm confused...you mentioned above that we should wait, but now you ask when do they send out rejection letters.?

I'm confused...you mentioned above that we should wait, but now you ask when do they send out rejection letters.?

They usually don't send out rejection letters until April and those usually go to people that were not called for an interview. I believe that they start waitlisting in early to mid April... not 100% sure. But pretty much... if you were called for an interview, they don't reject you until after they sort out the waitlist drama.

A little birdy aka my friend at UMB told me they are doing another interview day. Heh. PharmCAS lets us all down yet again. When will the world of pharmacy realize PharmCAS is an awful, awful service.

A little birdy aka my friend at UMB told me they are doing another interview day. Heh. PharmCAS lets us all down yet again. When will the world of pharmacy realize PharmCAS is an awful, awful service.

Do you know when they are having this interview day?

Sorry, not a clue. But usually its because PharmCAS hadn't sent in everything for some applicants despite the applicants turning everything in on time. So Maryland, in their infinite patience which some other schools lack, offer additional interviews because it wasn't the applicants' fault.

HATE PHARMCAS!!!!

Sorry, not a clue. But usually its because PharmCAS hadn't sent in everything for some applicants despite the applicants turning everything in on time. So Maryland, in their infinite patience which some other schools lack, offer additional interviews because it wasn't the applicants' fault.

HATE PHARMCAS!!!!

Wow that's interesting, but how would you know that they didn't receive all of your app?...by calling them?...but I thought they didn't like when applicants would call them asking on the status of their app?

I'm declining my acceptance so good luck to anyone on the waitlist.

So essentially are all people who interviewed and have not heard back are in the waitlist?

So essentially are all people who interviewed and have not heard back are in the waitlist?
Not necessarily. It depends on the number of people accepted already. UMB class size is about 160 and I know about 30 ED students were accepted. So I'm guessing at least 20-25 students hear back every time emails are sent out and so far two acceptance email batches have been sent.

Long story short, if there's still space left over I'm thinking adcom will go through and select "the not so impressive" people like me since there's an "internal process" that allows impressive students to hear back first :)

Moral of the story, don't start freaking out till April because no one's on the waitlist...... yet

Not necessarily. It depends on the number of people accepted already. UMB class size is about 160 and I know about 30 ED students were accepted. So I'm guessing at least 20-25 students hear back every time emails are sent out and so far two acceptance email batches have been sent.

Long story short, if there's still space left over I'm thinking adcom will go through and select "the not so impressive" people like me since there's an "internal process" that allows impressive students to hear back first :)

Moral of the story, don't start freaking out till April because no one's on the waitlist...... yet

:( I don't think that's the case but please try to stay positive.

I just got the acceptance offer today (interviewed on 2/3), but I would decline my acceptance in favor of Minnesota. So another spot is opening, and good luck to everyone who's waiting for good news.

I GOT INTO PHARMACY SCHOOL WOOOOOOO. baltimore campus i think, this is so exciting!!!! :DDD

Anyone have any idea how difficult it might be to gain residency status here?

Anyone have any idea how difficult it might be to gain residency status here?

I'm pretty sure you have to live here for a certain amount of time, and get a MD drive license/tag in order to qualify for a resident tuition.

Wow that's interesting, but how would you know that they didn't receive all of your app?...by calling them?...but I thought they didn't like when applicants would call them asking on the status of their app?

No. Its not something the school knows or controls. Its entirely PharmCAS being an inefficient system which doesn't really serve much purpose.

Lets say the deadline for submission to the school is Jan 1. Lets say you submit on Jan 1 or Dec 31. The school cannot 'receive' your materials on Jan 2. The school can see you submitted everything, but the course verification, LOR verification, etc etc isnt done until PharmCAS gets around to it. They send the information that everything has been verified and then the school can actually review it. Or at least thats how my friend explained it to me. So even if you contacted the school, they would only be able to say you submitted everything on time but it wouldn't solve the problem.

No. Its not something the school knows or controls. Its entirely PharmCAS being an inefficient system which doesn't really serve much purpose.

Lets say the deadline for submission to the school is Jan 1. Lets say you submit on Jan 1 or Dec 31. The school cannot 'receive' your materials on Jan 2. The school can see you submitted everything, but the course verification, LOR verification, etc etc isnt done until PharmCAS gets around to it. They send the information that everything has been verified and then the school can actually review it. Or at least thats how my friend explained it to me. So even if you contacted the school, they would only be able to say you submitted everything on time but it wouldn't solve the problem.

Oh ok that makes sense...so I wonder how many ppl they will invite with people already getting accepted

FINALLY GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER!!!! you best believe I'm attending. I will be at the Baltimore campus, and i was wondering if any current students could help me out:

I'm out of state and I'm looking to live off campus (preferably within walking distance to school). I have two small dogs I'm bringing with me so a pet friendly, safe area is what I'm looking at. I've heard Canton, mt Vernon, and fed hill r good places to start looking at. I want a 1 br but I'm willing to room with up to 2 other girls. Can anyone recommend any apt places that fit that criteria?? its really important for it to be safe because I will be walking my dogs at night. Thank you!!

Sorry to get back to you so late, but I would look into Mt. Vernon. I know of some people that also have a dog and chose Mt. Vernon as it was a safer area to walk around in. Though, I emphasize safer.

Do you happen to know when the new interview date is?

I interviewed the morning of Feb. 17 as well.. things are not looking up for me :( I hope waitlist info gets out soon.