University of Melbourne 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turtle27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I figured I'd start a thread here for the 2017 Doctor of Medicine class. Has anyone here applied / received an interview invite yet? I'm having a tough time here choosing between Unimelb and U Syd. Does anyone have any insight as to how well Unimelb students are received back home (ie Canada, US, etc.)?

Members don't see this ad.

I've received an invite but no date. Have you received a date yet?

I've received an invite but no date. Have you received a date yet?
No date yet! Waiting to hear back myself but I'm certain it won't be until be until after August 21.

Any idea whether you can do core or clinical electives abroad?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see indication that we can do any clinical electives abroad, unfortunately.

Interviewing this Tuesday. Anyone else on here with an II? Not sure what to expect. Really looking forward to Melbourne though!

Hey Tu
Interviewing this Tuesday. Anyone else on here with an II? Not sure what to expect. Really looking forward to Melbourne though!

Same with me. Have you gotten a request on skype yet?

Just checked this morning and saw the Skype invite. We'll see how this evening goes! Good luck!

Any internationals got the offer or rejection?
I got accepted to the melbourne DDS program on Monday. I'm Canadian. I think they said they were planning to send out offers on Oct 19/20, but mine came in early I guess.

Last edited:
I got accepted to the melbourne DDS program on Monday. I'm Canadian. I think they said they were planning to send out offers on Oct 19/20, but mine came in early I guess.
Wait nvm, I thought this was for the DDS program :laugh:.

Just an update (from OzTREKK) - Melbourne has updated their system and it's causing a bit of a delay on releasing offers / rejections. So at this point, no news is good news!

Just an update (from OzTREKK) - Melbourne has updated their system and it's causing a bit of a delay on releasing offers / rejections. So at this point, no news is good news!

Yea no news is definitely good news at this point. However, I've known at least 6 people who have gotten a preliminary email last Friday informing them if they were accepted, waitlisted or rejected. To be fair, they are onshore international applicants so might have gotten it a little earlier.

@Turtle27 Are you an offshore international applicant?

I am an offshore international applicant. I applied through OzTREKK. I received an acceptance this morning via them, and I do know that more acceptances are trickling in. Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

FWIW, I did not receive a preliminary email or anything to that effect for Melbourne.

Yea no news is definitely good news at this point. However, I've known at least 6 people who have gotten a preliminary email last Friday informing them if they were accepted, waitlisted or rejected. To be fair, they are onshore international applicants so might have gotten it a little earlier.

@Turtle27 Are you an offshore international applicant?