University of Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rkeene

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, how are you all doing? I was looking around at some dental schools, and a bunch of them are covered in some topics in this forum. One school that I am interested in is University of Michigan, but I see that it is not a topic in this forum at all. Does anyone know anything about this school? I have not even seen anything in the "rankings" that people talk about. I know that Tufts, Temple, and a few others are leaders when it comes to clinical experience, but I want to know how Michigan compares to them. Thanks a lot for any information that anyone can give to me. Hope to hear from you soon

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an undergrad here at U of M and I have an interview on 11-9. It's generally considered one of the best schools in the country. Back in the 90s (doesn't that sound strange) when they were still ranking schools, it was consistently #3-5. It gets a lot of NIDCR research $$ and hence is known as one of the top research schools, output-wise, in the US. I've worked in the school for the past 17 months and if you have more questions, email me at [email protected].

Take this post for what it is worth. I graduated from the University of Detroit in 1989. Undergrad UofM. GPR Ann Arbor Veterans Hosp. Excelent Faculty and facillities. Lots of specialty programs they get the tougher cases! A school in a large City Boston ,Philidelphia Detroit may provide more experience?