University of Minnesota - Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Today's interview stats

37 applicants interviewing today
184 total applicants interviewed
120 applicants reviewed for admission
92 applicants admitted
165 spots in the class of 2018

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Today's interview stats

92 applicants admitted

No wonder the FB group has been growing so quickly. Thanks for the update!

Congratulations to all who were accepted! How many of you have started looking for housing or have already decided to lease a place, and where? I just started looking today and I'd like to find a decent place for no more than $600, but I am open to sharing a good space with a roommate if that's too unrealistic!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to all who were accepted! How many of you have started looking for housing or have already decided to lease a place, and where? I just started looking today and I'd like to find a decent place for no more than $600, but I am open to sharing a good space with a roommate if that's too unrealistic!

If you want to live on campus, $600 for your own room is unrealistic. $700 you could find your own room, with shared living room and kitchen. Be sure to join the facebook group and ask! I currently go to the TC campus and I'm willing to help as much as I can. Also, people on the group are looking for fellow pharmacy student roommates.

If you want to live on campus, $600 for your own room is unrealistic. $700 you could find your own room, with shared living room and kitchen. Be sure to join the facebook group and ask! I currently go to the TC campus and I'm willing to help as much as I can. Also, people on the group are looking for fellow pharmacy student roommates.

Thanks Jessica, I'll definitely check the group page!

Today's interview stats

92 applicants admitted

My interview is in feb 7... Lol leave one spot for me....

Anyone feel they had a great interview but got waitlist? Just trying to picture every senario.

Reactions: 1 user
Today's interview stats

92 applicants admitted
Where d'u get these stats from? Thanks!!

Ok thx. Interviewing on Feb 21.....thinking if I'm really really lucky, wait list....oooh well......
Don't worry I interviewed in March.

I got an interview invite for Feb 7th, but I already have an interview scheduled at UCSF for Feb 8th. I emailed U Minn asking for a different date but I hope that doesn't screw up my chances for admission. Has anyone else experienced this type of dilemma?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite for Feb 7th, but I already have an interview scheduled at UCSF for Feb 8th. I emailed U Minn asking for a different date but I hope that doesn't screw up my chances for admission. Has anyone else experienced this type of dilemma?

UMN is on a rolling admission and with each progressive date, more of the spots are filled up. So I would venture to say it would slightly affect your chances of admission. I had the same dilemma with two other schools and was forced to do back-to-back interviews in two different states.

don't worry, schedule the week after if possible.

You'll probably get into minnesota anyways, getting an interview at UCSF if pretty difficult.

hahaha I am squeezing in 3 interviews within 3 days... feb 6 on pittsburgh, feb 7 with minnesota and feb 8 with ohio...

Today's interview stats

92 applicants admitted

btw, how do we know how many more spots they have in each individual campus?

For people who interviewed at Duluth, where did you guys stay? =] Also, where you interview does not matter right?

For people who interviewed at Duluth, where did you guys stay? =] Also, where you interview does not matter right?

i called the admission about that question and they said it doesn't matter

so my interview is coming up this friday... any advices. lol

so my interview is coming up this friday... any advices. lol

I was asked a lot of questions about my supplemental, the interview goes by super fast, so don't worry and be confident. Don't know how to be confident, practice Interview Feedback questions till you know it like your last name, and eat breakfast i was hungry before my interview lol. Im more worried now than i was before my interview, in about 2 days they'll notify Jan 17 interviewers about their decisions.

I was asked a lot of questions about my supplemental, the interview goes by super fast, so don't worry and be confident. Don't know how to be confident, practice Interview Feedback questions till you know it like your last name, and eat breakfast i was hungry before my interview lol. Im more worried now than i was before my interview, in about 2 days they'll notify Jan 17 interviewers about their decisions.

i did review some of the interview questions... i hope will be ready then.
you meant the supplemental essays?

any more updates on the admission stats?

Last edited:
Got my acceptance email a few hours ago for the twin cities campus! So excited, I interviewed on January 17th and they said we should hear back soon after February 5th.

The interviewer was asking me questions about my supplemental, and personal essays.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Finished my app quite late (2/1) because i just now decided I wanted to leave my home state (Flordia). I have a 3.17 GPA (science and cum) and a 95% PCAT. Amazing volunteering and decent pharmacy experience (a summer volunteering in a hospital pharmacy 3hrs/week). My personal statement was pretty great but i'm so worried becuase of my low GPA and late application date :(. Anyone have any thoughs on how application date affects interviewsadmission rates?

I interviewed this past Friday and these were the stats they gave us as of 1/31:

11 applicants interviewing today (low number because they had skype interviews with international students that day as well)
212 total applicants interviewed (including today's interviews)
148 applicants reviewed for admission
112 applicants admitted
165 spots in the Class of 2018 (60 Duluth, 105 Twin Cities)

Reactions: 2 users
Finished my app quite late (2/1) because i just now decided I wanted to leave my home state (Flordia). I have a 3.17 GPA (science and cum) and a 95% PCAT. Amazing volunteering and decent pharmacy experience (a summer volunteering in a hospital pharmacy 3hrs/week). My personal statement was pretty great but i'm so worried becuase of my low GPA and late application date :(. Anyone have any thoughs on how application date affects interviewsadmission rates?

Do you have your bachelor degree?

I interviewed this past Friday and these were the stats they gave us as of 1/31:

11 applicants interviewing today (low number because they had skype interviews with international students that day as well)
212 total applicants interviewed (including today's interviews)
148 applicants reviewed for admission
112 applicants admitted

Hey junkie what does the 148 applicaants reviewed for admission mean? Does that mean 148 of the 212 people they interviewed were actually worth further review for admission? And then of those 148 only 112 of them were actually admitted?

Hey junkie what does the 148 applicaants reviewed for admission mean? Does that mean 148 of the 212 people they interviewed were actually worth further review for admission? And then of those 148 only 112 of them were actually admitted?

I think it literally means that they haven't reviewed 64 applicants yet. They will eventually go over every applicant they interviewed.

I think it literally means that they haven't reviewed 64 applicants yet. They will eventually go over every applicant they interviewed.

Not all applicants are reviewed for admission although it is a small number.

Not all applicants are reviewed for admission although it is a small number.

yea that's why i'm leaning towards the way i was thinking. hm..

The reason why they haven't reviewed so many applicants is that they had 2 interviews in January. The stats posted were from Jan 31 so I assume that they did not start reviewing applicants who interviewed on 17th or they only reviewed very few.

The reason why they haven't reviewed so many applicants is that they had 2 interviews in January. The stats posted were from Jan 31 so I assume that they did not start reviewing applicants who interviewed on 17th or they only reviewed very few.

I followed threads from previous years and it appeared to be the same trend. These are two consecutive interview dates from this year and you can see that one applicant was not reviewed for admission the following interview date. The number of those that are not reviewed for admission are very small, but it does happen. You are correct that they have not caught up yet though because of the sheer volume of interviews that have been done lately.

10/25 interview date
37 Applicants interviewing today (10/25)
42 total applicants interviewed
5 applicants reviewed for admission
4 applicants admitted

11/15 interview date
28 applicants interviewing today (11/15)
69 total applicants interviewed
41 applicants reviewed for admission
37 applicants admitted
165 spots in the Class of 2018 (60 D, 105 TC)

I followed threads from previous years and it appeared to be the same trend. These are two consecutive interview dates from this year and you can see that one applicant was not reviewed for admission the following interview date. The number of those that are not reviewed for admission are very small, but it does happen. You are correct that they have not caught up yet though because of the sheer volume of interviews that have been done lately.

10/25 interview date
37 Applicants interviewing today (10/25)
42 total applicants interviewed
5 applicants reviewed for admission
4 applicants admitted

11/15 interview date
28 applicants interviewing today (11/15)
69 total applicants interviewed
41 applicants reviewed for admission
37 applicants admitted
165 spots in the Class of 2018 (60 D, 105 TC)

Ughh. This means.... There arent too many positions left :(

Don't worry so much! For this late, I think that is still a good amount of spots left. :)

225 acceptances last year. Still a ways to go.

Hey guys,

Made an account today, long time lurker. I interviewed at Duluth on 1/17 and was accepted to Twin Cities on 2/4. Going to be attending in the fall.

Also question for those who have been accepted, how long does the packet of info take to get?

This is for day feb 7
20 applicants interviewing today
232 total applicants interviewed (including today's interviews)
184 applicants reviewed for admission
135 applicants admitted

I am 6 foot... Lol what's your name?
Lol we didn't meet I was in class on 7 th floor like around 1:30 and saw a group of interviewees watching. I just remember a tall Asian in the group.. haha

Lol we didn't meet I was in class on 7 th floor like around 1:30 and saw a group of interviewees watching. I just remember a tall Asian in the group.. haha
Haha at least people would recognizes me.