University of Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel like it went well.. but that's only what I think.. the people at the U are very nice and extremely helpful. I'm glad I was at ease during the interview otherwise it would've turned out to be bad.

Are you an applicant for the Fall 2012 admissions?

Yes I am. You were absolutely right when you said the interview offers will be made today. I just had my interview invite today. I'm so nervous about it.

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! You should check out the common interview questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I am. You were absolutely right when you said the interview offers will be made today. I just had my interview invite today. I'm so nervous about it.

Hi anyone from out of state on this forum?? i will be there the 21st of october!!

Yep. I'm from California. I haven't applied yet but I'm planning to submit my PharmCAS app by the end of the week.

Does UoM wait until your application is fully complete (all letters of rec in) before they send out the supplemental? or will they just see that you meet the minimum GPA? I'm still waiting for one letter of rec from my professor.
YAYAYAYYAYAY.. is this your top choice??? I was worried I would be the only one from out of state. What school are you from in Cali?

When we were interviewed there were two applicants (one from Ohio and another from Cali) so I'm sure you will meet more people who aren't from MN =)

YAYAYAYYAYAY.. is this your top choice??? I was worried I would be the only one from out of state. What school are you from in Cali?

I went to UC Irvine. You? U of M is my top choice other than UCSF. I haven't gotten an interview invite though :(. I don't know if I should feel dejected and accept that maybe they aren't going to invite me for an interview or to be patient and simply wait and see. Since I barely received an email on Monday stating that my application is complete and they are going to start reviewing it, I SHOULD be patient. But at the same time, other schools had sent me an email confirming my application was complete and sent out an interview invite the next day.

I went to UC Irvine. You? U of M is my top choice other than UCSF. I haven't gotten an interview invite though :(. I don't know if I should feel dejected and accept that maybe they aren't going to invite me for an interview or to be patient and simply wait and see. Since I barely received an email on Monday stating that my application is complete and they are going to start reviewing it, I SHOULD be patient. But at the same time, other schools had sent me an email confirming my application was complete and sent out an interview invite the next day.

I would imagine that if they decide not to interview you that they'll email you saying so. It takes a bit to roll through all of the applications, so be patient and cross your fingers!

Hi anyone from out of state on this forum?? i will be there the 21st of october!!

We have people from all different states in our class, including from the warmer climates (HI, CA, FL, etc). I vaguely remember hearing at our White Coat Ceremony that our class represented 17 countries, but I'm not sure if that's right. Regardless, you won't be alone if you come in from out of state!

I just received my interview invite today for October 21st! I can't believe that it's next Friday already!

Omg I just received an interview invite for the 21st! I have a week to book a hotel, get a plane ticket, and prepare for it :eek:. I'm completely freaking out right now! This will be my very first interview :scared:

Don't worry too much about the interview. Go through some of the interview questions and use those to prepare for the interview. :thumbup:

One more week of waiting for me... The closer I'm getting to finding out about the admissions decision the more nervous I am :scared:. The U of MN is my first choice I'll be so upset if I don't make it..

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry too much about the interview. Go through some of the interview questions and use those to prepare for the interview. :thumbup:

One more week of waiting for me... The closer I'm getting to finding out about the admissions decision the more nervous I am :scared:. The U of MN is my first choice I'll be so upset if I don't make it..
How long have you been waiting so far?

Three weeks.. However, they said that we should expect a response by the 24th..

Omg I just received an interview invite for the 21st! I have a week to book a hotel, get a plane ticket, and prepare for it :eek:. I'm completely freaking out right now! This will be my very first interview :scared:

Ill be right there with you. message me. Maybe we can meet up interview day

Same, Fall2012app1and phileesha are you two interviewing in the Twin Cites?

Nope, Duluth for me. My email said that the Twin Cities slot was full and that's why I got Duluth. I wish I had Twin Cities though because that's the campus I wish to attend if I get accepted.

Does the school do waitlist this early in the admission process? And how many people do they normally interview per interview date?

Nope, Duluth for me. My email said that the Twin Cities slot was full and that's why I got Duluth. I wish I had Twin Cities though because that's the campus I wish to attend if I get accepted.

Does the school do waitlist this early in the admission process? And how many people do they normally interview per interview date?

When I got interviewed on the 23rd there were only 7 people.. However, I think it varies so there might be more people interviewing that day. Stacy told us that since we applied early we shouldn't have to worry about being waitlisted. You could also ask them these questions on the interview day. :thumbup:

I got an interview invitation today! I checked my email and before I could even read what it said, I got a call from Stacy about the interview. I wasn't expecting to be able to interview on the 21st but she said they had one spot left at each campus. I should look over some interview stuff but this week is probably my busiest week of the whole semester.

Hello U of M hopefuls!

This is not admissions related, but this popped up on Facebook today and I thought you all might be interested. One of the P1 students at UMD is doing a blog about our year at school. I just skimmed an entry, but it looks like it gives you a pretty good idea of what pharmacy school is really like from a current student's perspective. Enjoy!

tjohnsonpd1.wordpress.com

Anyone who interviewed on the 23rd get a response yet??

Hello PD 1. What can you tell me about the student body? I hear there are more females than males?
Hi Fall2012app1,

Sorry I missed your question until now!

The links about the student body on the application page are pretty accurate. There are more females than males, which is typical of most pharmacy schools. There is also a wide variety of ages within the college, from people with just two years of college under their belts to people with long, successful careers.

It seems most students hail from Minnesota or California, but we have a number of people who originally came from outside the US, which adds a nice bit of variety.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! That is so exciting! I submitted my pharmcas not too long ago, and now I feel like I all I can do is twiddle my fingers as I wait for my gpa to be calculated and my PCAT to be posted. Are any of you U of M grads?

No email for me.. so either rejected or waitlisted..:(:(

No email for me.. so either rejected or waitlisted..:(:(

They told us when we interviewed that out of the 7 interviewed, 5 were accepted. 4 for tc and 1 for Duluth. So I don't know ur situation now. If you use yahoo as your email check your spam. All the best.

Are these threads open during the weekdays only or what? Nobody says a word during the weekends.

So how was the interview in the Twin Cities? How many applicants were there? Were there any other out of state candidates there besides you, fall2012app1? What did you guys pick? Duluth or Twin Cities?

My group in Duluth was really small, a total of 7 people and I was the only out of state there. But it was a really good experience, everyone was really nice and friendly :)

The interview was great in the Twin Cities! The vibe that I got from the TC College of Pharmacy was just awesome, I felt wonderful at the end of the day. There was 26 people being interviewed, 19 in TC and the other 7 in Duluth.
I know of at least 4 out of state students that I can think of.
TC all the way! I just didn't get the same vibe from UMD that I did in the cities, but it's still a great school/area.

Did anyone living in MN get the acceptance letter in the mail yet? or anything at all?

I am! Just confirmed the Nov 4th interview date in Twin Cities!

It's going to feel like years until November 21st comes around... I'm being bombarded with exams, homework, and a speech until then, and I just want to know if I'm accepted from the Oct. 21st interviews!

Anyone else from the Oct. 21st interview in the same situation? lol :)

It's going to feel like years until November 21st comes around... I'm being bombarded with exams, homework, and a speech until then, and I just want to know if I'm accepted from the Oct. 21st interviews!

Anyone else from the Oct. 21st interview in the same situation? lol :)

Me! I'm driving myself insane. I'm getting mini panic attacks sporadically throughout the days. I have exams as well as other things I should be working on but all I can think about is Minnesota Minnesota Minnesota and obsessively checking this forum to see what others are saying haha.

Same here :)
Does anyone know if there is a writing section on interview day?

Nope, just the interview. The rest of the day is dedicated to convincing you to come here (tour, student pannel, light lunch with faculty, presentations).

I hope that's the case... then I still have some hope of being accepted and not waitlisted haha..