University of Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Placed on the ranked waitlist.. blaaaah!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Placed on the ranked waitlist.. blaaaah!!

Hang in there! I'm a "the glass is half full" type of person. You're on the waitlist and haven't been rejected yet. And maybe the waitlist goes in order of interviewing? If you interviewed early perhaps you are at the top of the list? Lots of luck to you! :luck:

Hang in there! I'm a "the glass is half full" type of person. You're on the waitlist and haven't been rejected yet. And maybe the waitlist goes in order of interviewing? If you interviewed early perhaps you are at the top of the list? Lots of luck to you! :luck:

Thanks a lot =) :).. But its going to be such a long wait and I can only hope for the best..

Thanks a lot =) :).. But its going to be such a long wait and I can only hope for the best..

How long will you have to wait? It looks like you've applied to some other great schools too. Hope you get interviews at those schools too!

How long will you have to wait? It looks like you've applied to some other great schools too. Hope you get interviews at those schools too!

Well I have to wait till may to find out my rank on the waitlist haha! But they said that sometimes they accept students from the waitlist during the admission cycle but I'm not going to hope for that. Not that lucky!

They rank the waitlist after they offer admission to the last set of interviews. Last year we got our ranks in mid May. They send out emails regularly to inform the people on the waitlist how many people have been offered admission as the summer goes on so you have an idea of where you stand. I believe last year there were 80 some people on the ranked waitlist and we went through about 30. I have no clue if that is typical or not, though. They made it sound like the year before they went through the entire ranked list and went on to unranked.

Hi everyone! I just found this thread! I also interviewed at the Duluth campus on 9/23 and was accepted to the Twin Cities campus! Who else will be in the Twin Cities class of 2016?!

Did anybody at the November 4th interview hear any statistics of how many were accepted so far or how many were interviewing on that day?

Did anybody at the November 4th interview hear any statistics of how many were accepted so far or how many were interviewing on that day?

27 applicants interviewed Nov. 4 (21 Twin Cities, 6 Duluth)
62 applicants interviewed this year so far (including Nov. 4)
360 projected total interviews
7 applicants reviewed for admission
5 applicants admitted: 1 Duluth, 4 Twin Cities

27 applicants interviewed Nov. 4 (21 Twin Cities, 6 Duluth)
62 applicants interviewed this year so far (including Nov. 4)
360 projected total interviews
7 applicants reviewed for admission
5 applicants admitted: 1 Duluth, 4 Twin Cities

I guess they didn't have enough time to figure out who to admit between interview days this time. When I intervied on 10/21, they told us how many got admitted from 9/23 but they had a whole month instead of two weeks. I guess we'll just have to wait until 11/21 to find out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I wonder if it's going to be on the 21st or if it will be earlier/later. That is a much anticipated date for me...

Yeah I wonder if it's going to be on the 21st or if it will be earlier/later. That is a much anticipated date for me...

My guess is later. They/the sheet they gave us made it sound like decisions will be mailed that day. Since I already go to school here, I should find out a day or two after that but it will take longer for those who live further away. I can't wait!

Yeah, I actually go to school in Mankato, MN. It looks like those that were accepted from the first interviews received emails.

Yeah, I actually go to school in Mankato, MN. It looks like those that were accepted from the first interviews received emails.

Yeah, we got emails of acceptance and then admissions packets to follow the next week. So just keep checking your email :)

So, the U of M sends out invites a week before the interview?

I got my acceptance letter today to the Twin Cities campus!!!!

Congrats! Did you get the email first or just the letter?

Applicants who are accepted get an email first saying that they should expect an acceptance packet in the mail. The waitlisted applicants don't receive an email, only a letter.

Applicants who are accepted get an email first saying that they should expect an acceptance packet in the mail. The waitlisted applicants don't receive an email, only a letter.

I never got an email, just the packet in the mail.

I never got an email, just the packet in the mail.

Ha.. that's weird.. the applicants who got accepted after the 09/23 interview received emails before they got their acceptance letters..

I just received the letter in the mail, no email, this was so unexpected, especially since it was sent out only 3 weeks after the interview!

I got my acceptance packet for Twin Cities too!!!! I was not expecting anything until after the 21st. I didn't receive an email either. OMG I FEEL SO RELIEVED!!!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!!!

It seems like pretty much everyone got accepted besides me. Feels like I screwed up somewhere big time.

It seems like pretty much everyone got accepted besides me. Feels like I screwed up somewhere big time.

Naw...I am sure you are not alone... You are just brave enough to post. You have a good chance of getting off the waitlist, keep your head up

I don't really think you screwed up big at some point. You hinted in an earlier post that you didn't have a bachelors. If that's true, that's probably one of the main reasons you weren't accepted right away. You did get put on the ranked waitlist so that means that the school still likes you enough to put you at a higher waitlist than the unranked. Just keep your head up and hope for the best:)

Anyone from the 11/4 interview group heard anything? I am hoping they send acceptances before the Thanksgiving holiday.

Anyone from the 11/4 interview group heard anything? I am hoping they send acceptances before the Thanksgiving holiday.

Based on the fact that the 10/21 group just found out this Monday, I don't think we will hear anything yet. However, they interviewed 2 weeks before us, so I am kind of expecting letters around Nov. 28. Since Thanksgiving is in the middle of this, they might come a little later than that. Keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck to you. Here is a link to a video made by a premed student waiting to hear back. http://vimeo.com/31471806 Have a great day!

I will have an interview in Duluth on Dec.9. I'm really worried... Do you guys have any advice?
Do you remember some of the questions being asked.... Do you have any odd questions
Thank you so much!!

I will have an interview in Duluth on Dec.9. I'm really worried... Do you guys have any advice?
Do you remember some of the questions being asked.... Do you have any odd questions
Thank you so much!!

Check out the interview feedback section. The questions are really similar to the ones listed there. Be prepared to talk about your extracurricular experiences (pretty much everything listed on your essays). My interviewer asked me a lot of ethical questions.

Good luck!

Definitiely check out the interview feedback section. Really the best thing is to just know yourself and why you took the "course" that you did. Make sure you know why you did certain extracurriculars. Why pharmacy? Why the U of M? What are some of the types of pharmacy?
One big recommendation would be to take a drink of water right before you go into your interview, you won't believe how fast your mouth will dry up haha.
Also, my interviewer asked if he could record the interview so that he could get more questions in. I only had 1 big ethical question that had no right or wrong answer, which kind of made it difficult to answer. Other than that, I only had one question out of left field, asking if I could have any kind of super hero power, what would it be.

Definitiely check out the interview feedback section. Really the best thing is to just know yourself and why you took the "course" that you did. Make sure you know why you did certain extracurriculars. Why pharmacy? Why the U of M? What are some of the types of pharmacy?

These questions are really similar to what I was asked. One other question I remember from my interview was "What's something that you would change about the field of pharmacy and how would you go about doing it?"

One big recommendation would be to take a drink of water right before you go into your interview, you won't believe how fast your mouth will dry up haha.

I would recommend NOT chugging a bunch of water in case you need to use the restroom in the middle of your interview. Instead, bring a water bottle with you.

Yeah, just a simple drink to make sure things aren't dry.

I got accepted to U OF MN TWIN CITIES!!!!
Not sure if ill go though since istill have my in state schools to interview from

I got accepted to U OF MN TWIN CITIES!!!!
Not sure if ill go though since istill have my in state schools to interview from

Congrats!!! on the other hand haha saves me a spot if you don't accept..

Has anyone heard back from the 11/4 interview yet? The wait is killing me! :scared:

Has anyone heard back from the 11/4 interview yet? The wait is killing me! :scared:

NO! It's killing me too. I'm hoping all of the acceptance letters will be sent next week. But if not...there's only 2 weeks left! Good luck to you!

I got an email and got in too! I am so glad they sent emails!! Did anyone else hear??

Congratulations everyone!!

BTW, I got an email from Peter informing us that they voted not change the curriculum starting next year. They will continue with the current curriculum for one more year. This also means the semesters won't be extended so the first day of class is 9-4-12 instead of 8-20-12.