University of Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Omg just got acceptance letter

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

Woohoo!!! Congrats!!! Tough decision ahead of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulations on the acceptance. But one quick question: Earlier you stated that your GPA was only 2.72. I don't want to sound harsh or anything but that is really really low for a top school such as Minnesota (their average is 3.5). Do you mind telling us your other credentials?

Nice, grats! You actually got a physical letter in the mail or an email? You selected 'TC Only' right? God I hope they don't mail me, I'm hoping to hear back by Monday the 18th at the latest =).

Congratulations on the acceptance. But one quick question: Earlier you stated that your GPA was only 2.72. I don't want to sound harsh or anything but that is really really low for a top school such as Minnesota (their average is 3.5). Do you mind telling us your other credentials?

I'll pm you later.

Nice, grats! You actually got a physical letter in the mail or an email? You selected 'TC Only' right? God I hope they don't mail me, I'm hoping to hear back by Monday the 18th at the latest =).

I got email and Yea I selected tc only.

I got email and Yea I selected tc only.

Well if you guys that interviewed on the 1st are getting yours today maybe there is hope those of us who interviewed on the 8th will get ours today/tomorrow.. dang now I'm going to have to glue myself to my computer!

Wowww congrats to you 88888888! That means we will be hearing soon like what Skrumpy said! Possibly tomorrow! So nervous lol

The refresh button on my email inbox is smoking!

Pmed you. Not sure if it got sent or not cause it didn't show up on my sent box

I was just accepted today to Twin Cities and I interviewed on March 1st!! Good luck to all of you! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Mmm Yea Ill do a deeper analysis if i get in. I did a very rough estimate of the difference. I calculated around up to 30k difference for the four years. It depends how the cost of apt but we'll see.

:( more waiting. Hopefully you'll hear good news in the future.

I was placed on the ranked waitlist after my interview in September and just recently received an acceptance letter. So...could be before May. Good luck!

I was placed on the ranked waitlist after my interview in September and just recently received an acceptance letter. So...could be before May. Good luck!

Congrats!!! That's most excellent news! It's good you didn't have to wait from November all the way until May! :)

Haha but in my case I doubt I'll hear before May. That isn't very far away, and this week is spring break. I just hope I get a competitive waitlist ranking. That's all I can hope for at this point.

I was just accepted today to Twin Cities and I interviewed on March 1st!! Good luck to all of you! :love:
Congrats!

That's interesting.. so they haven't even completed all of their interviews and they are already pulling from the waitlist they haven't even ranked? hehe. Either way congrats, I'm sure that was a welcome surprise.

Congrats!

That's interesting.. so they haven't even completed all of their interviews and they are already pulling from the waitlist they haven't even ranked? hehe. Either way congrats, I'm sure that was a welcome surprise.

Haha yeah, it says in the waitlist letter that they may pull from it at any time even before the ranking.

Also, any good news yet? :)

Nope no news yet.. not even bad news.. heh. I'm guessing since no one is really posting that they got in today that we won't hear anything until Monday. I may have to submit my other $500 deposit. Was hoping to avoid that. Couldn't think of much worse than getting into the school you want a couple hours after sending in decent chunk of cash to save your spot at another program.

Nope no news yet.. not even bad news.. heh. I'm guessing since no one is really posting that they got in today that we won't hear anything until Monday. I may have to submit my other $500 deposit. Was hoping to avoid that. Couldn't think of much worse than getting into the school you want a couple hours after sending in decent chunk of cash to save your spot at another program.

Haha not getting in anywhere would be much worse :) you're in a good position still. I'm sure when you hear about getting into Minnesota, it will all be worth it!

Haha not getting in anywhere would be much worse :) you're in a good position still. I'm sure when you hear about getting into Minnesota, it will all be worth it!

Yea, although I've been really questioning whether or not I want to even go to another school. The other school is newer and doesn't have the EC activities that the U of M has right now. With the market the way it is I may just end up deciding it's the U of M or bust.

Just interviewed today. Here's where we are (3/15):

32 applicants interviewed today
337 total applicants interviewed (including today's interviews)
276 applicants reviewed for admissions
156 applicants admitted
166 spots in the class of 2017 (60 Duluth, 106 TC)

Applicants from this interview day can expect hear back by April 8th

Sara said they are hoping to interview a total of 360 applicants.

BTW did you get into Duluth or TC campus?

Just interviewed today. Here's where we are (3/15):

32 applicants interviewed today
337 total applicants interviewed (including today's interviews)
276 applicants reviewed for admissions
156 applicants admitted
166 spots in the class of 2017 (60 Duluth, 106 TC)

Applicants from this interview day can expect hear back by April 8th

Sara said they are hoping to interview a total of 360 applicants.

Thanks for the update! I wish they would tell us how many of the "applicants admitted" were also wait listed applicants. Would take some of the stress off knowing that there are actually more than 10 possible spots left.

How did your interview go?

Thanks for the update! I wish they would tell us how many of the "applicants admitted" were also wait listed applicants. Would take some of the stress off knowing that there are actually more than 10 possible spots left.

I don't think waitlisted applicants are considered as admitted applicants. I think they admit more than 166 and after some of those decline, they then go into the waitlist. I'm sure they have a number based on past years of how many applicants they can overadmit and still be comfortable that the class size will only be 166.

I don't think waitlisted applicants are considered as admitted applicants. I think they admit more than 166 and after some of those decline, they then go into the waitlist. I'm sure they have a number based on past years of how many applicants they can overadmit and still be comfortable that the class size will only be 166.

The reason I say this is because the waitlisted individuals are not admitted and may never be admitted. I think however they include the individuals they admit who turn down Minnesota in that tally. In other words, while they have extended admission to all those individuals, the class probably isn't nearly full yet. They don't give us the number of students who put down their deposit for the spot in the class.

The reason I say this is because the waitlisted individuals are not admitted and may never be admitted. I think however they include the individuals they admit who turn down Minnesota in that tally. In other words, while they have extended admission to all those individuals, the class probably isn't nearly full yet. They don't give us the number of students who put down their deposit for the spot in the class.

You may be right and I'd like to believe that, but find it odd that they don't include a separate statistic for the number of waitlisted applicants. On the sheet they handed out at the interview it says they have 3 different types of admission decision letters:

1) Offer of Admission
2) Waitlist
3) Admission Not Approved

Now for me it would stand to reason that #1 and #2 are "accepted" applicants. Those on the waitlist are accepted, i.e. if enough from #1 didn't put in their deposit then they would be automatically admitted based on rank. It does specify in the stats they provide that those are "admitted" applicants but looking at last years stats they offered admission to 236 and they only have 167 spots. So 69 people must have declined admission? That seems somewhat high. Maybe if someone could provide the actual number of individuals on the waitlists last year we could suss out the details and figure out if they just have some bad wording. I just tried calling for clarification but they closed 6 minutes ago.. hehe. They would make things easier for us if they gave out the waitlist information as well.

If you are right I guess that means 11 spots have been filled from the past ~60 applicants who interviewed AND they went to the waitlist already? That doesn't give me much hope now.. heh. I wonder if that 156 "applicants admitted" includes the applicants from our interview date even if they haven't yet notified us? I need something else to occupy my mind or I'll just spend all weekend speculating.. haha.

Edit: I didn't quote Skrumpy's post. My post is in response to having to submit a deposit for another school soon while waiting on the U of M.

I would call admissions, tell them your situation, and ask. If you're just waiting on snail mail they'll tell you. You have nothing to lose by calling and asking.

The interview went extremely well! It has shot U of MN to the top of my list and I'm hoping to get an acceptance. I chose the TC campus only. However, if I don't get in I won't cry over it bc I have been accepted to another school that is well ranked with a similar program (heavy research and affiliated with an academic health center). But I feel like the U of MN will make me a exceptional pharmacist. I had some great feedback from my interviewer. He kept saying how he really hopes I hear good new and that I deserve to be in the program. That was nice to hear.

Edit: I didn't quote Skrumpy's post. My post is in response to having to submit a deposit for another school soon while waiting on the U of M.

I would call admissions, tell them your situation, and ask. If you're just waiting on snail mail they'll tell you. You have nothing to lose by calling and asking.

Well I think they've been initially contacting people via email so just waiting on that. I don't want to call and pester them about my status since it's only been a week (and they told us we would get notification shortly after this coming Monday). Also I'm afraid they would shred my application if I came off as that crazy.. heh. It would just be nice to hear something before the other school closes on Monday so I could submit that payment if I needed to.

The interview went extremely well! It has shot U of MN to the top of my list and I'm hoping to get an acceptance. I chose the TC campus only. However, if I don't get in I won't cry over it bc I have been accepted to another school that is well ranked with a similar program (heavy research and affiliated with an academic health center). But I feel like the U of MN will make me a exceptional pharmacist. I had some great feedback from my interviewer. He kept saying how he really hopes I hear good new and that I deserve to be in the program. That was nice to hear.

Wow nice. Sounds like you nailed the interview and it will come down to your stats. I didn't get quite the same feedback. Unfortunately I felt a bit more nervous than my first interview.. likely because I really want to go to the U of M.

Tomorrow should be the day! Who's not sleeping tonight? =)

I don't think they'll send it midnight haha or late night. You think?

I don't think they'll send it midnight haha or late night. You think?

Hehe no I doubt anyone is in the office until Monday afternoon. I was just saying how the excitement would probably keep me up. I would imagine that we won't hear anything until Monday night. The only problem is that my other school requires their deposit by 2PM on Monday.. Just trying to imagine how much it would suck to pay the $500 and then find out I got into the U of M a few minutes later.

Hehe no I doubt anyone is in the office until Monday afternoon. I was just saying how the excitement would probably keep me up. I would imagine that we won't hear anything until Monday night. The only problem is that my other school requires their deposit by 2PM on Monday.. Just trying to imagine how much it would suck to pay the $500 and then find out I got into the U of M a few minutes later.

Mmm. I see. Good luck to you!

Does anyone know if the curriculum on the website is the old one or the new one for next year? It seems like the old one but not sure.

Does anyone know if the curriculum on the website is the old one or the new one for next year? It seems like the old one but not sure.

It's the old one for sure. I actually downloaded all of the ebooks for every course for that curriculum =D. From what I asked at the informational meeting, it sounds like the new curriculum is going to be getting finalized right up to the last minute. I doubt we're going to see it posted up until near the start of the semester.

BTW.. no email today from the school yet =/. Apparently this is the week the CoP has spring break while the rest of the college is next week? Odd that they are different weeks. Either way we can maybe still hear from them this week as the faculty and OSS is there, just students are off.

It's the old one for sure. I actually downloaded all of the ebooks for every course for that curriculum =D. From what I asked at the informational meeting, it sounds like the new curriculum is going to be getting finalized right up to the last minute. I doubt we're going to see it posted up until near the start of the semester.

BTW.. no email today from the school yet =/. Apparently this is the week the CoP has spring break while the rest of the college is next week? Odd that they are different weeks. Either way we can maybe still hear from them this week as the faculty and OSS is there, just students are off.

Mm I see. Yea the faculty is still there since they responded to my email. Hopefully you hear back soon.

Where did you download the ebooks?

Mm I see. Yea the faculty is still there since they responded to my email. Hopefully you hear back soon.

Where did you download the ebooks?

I'll shoot you a PM.

Hi everyone, has anyone heard anything back yet today? I'm checking my email and still nothing. :(

where did you downloaded the ebooks?? thanks and good luck!!

Hi everyone, has anyone heard anything back yet today? I'm checking my email and still nothing. :(

Nothing yet.. though I did get a response from Stacy yesterday saying that "we will be in touch soon." Not sure how soon is soon.. but considering that this week is the CoP's spring break I'm hoping they already have the decisions sorted out for interviewees on the 8th and are preparing to email us soon. According to the last group, they were contacted 12 days from their interview date.. which means we could maybe hear back by tomorrow (the 20th). If we don't hear back on Wed, I think I am going to call them and ask them if we were given the wrong date and when we can expect to hear back given that this week is spring break.

where did you downloaded the ebooks?? thanks and good luck!!

I'll PM you!

Congrats everyone that has been accepted so far, and good luck to those still waiting! I just wanted to invite you all again (should have gotten an email from Sara), to a dinner that the pre-pharmacy club is hosting for admitted students. Sign up at the link below and if you have any questions feel free to message/email me.https://docs.google.com/a/umn.edu/document/d/1i9reA81Jzj6s434OLHoO1PyoXlyjbZuipD2HPn5EfI8/edit

I'd like to go to this but haven't heard back as of yet.. are the 20 spots on the list the max that can attend? Or were you just prefilling those numbers? Hopefully we'll hear back before the 27th.

All of this waiting is making me really nervous! Did you end up depositing to your other school Skrumpy?

All of this waiting is making me really nervous! Did you end up depositing to your other school Skrumpy?

I'm not getting too wound up about it anymore.. heh. No I decided that I am only going to go with the U of M. I didn't send in the deposit to my other school. I have the money, I just don't really want to uproot and move and the fact that the U of M has so much going for it I find it hard to choose a newer school with the market the way it is.

So below is the info I gathered from as far back as early February. I only went with confirmed interview dates (the first date) and when the person said they received their email notification (the second date). Now we know for a fact that the March 15th group won't hear back for awhile (sometime in April), but the March 8th group was told to expect a letter shortly after the 18th. This stands to reason that we should hear something back by Thurs 21st (13 days) or Fri 22nd (14 days). If we don't hear on either of those days then we are one of the unlucky few who had to wait 17 days and we won't get notification until Monday the 25th (17 days). It's possible that President's day could have pushed those late Feb groups back another day through the weekend making them take 17 days instead of the usual 13/14. I know that the staff is actually there this week so as long as they got the student input we should be hearing something soon littlewosie!

Feb 8th => Feb 22nd (Accepted) - gelo2006 (14 days)
Feb 8th => Feb 22nd (Accepted) - jboi7 (14 days)
Feb 15th => March 4th (Unranked WL) - doingitOTC (17 days)
Feb 22nd => March 11th (Ranked WL) - yOssarian87 (17 days)
March 1st => March 14th (Accepted) - 88888888 (13 days)
March 1st => March 14th (Accepted) - Pharmgirl1987 (13 days)

I'm not getting too wound up about it anymore.. heh. No I decided that I am only going to go with the U of M. I didn't send in the deposit to my other school. I have the money, I just don't really want to uproot and move and the fact that the U of M has so much going for it I find it hard to choose a newer school with the market the way it is.

Wow good luck. All in at Minnesota!

Hi! I'm new to this forum (long evening of aimlessly wandering the internet looking for U of M Class of 2017 and prospective Duluth housing) and am wondering if anything ever happened with starting that facebook group for our class?

Thanks!