University of Missouri CVM c/o 2020 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm planning on the 3rd, but I'm going to look at flights to make sure they make sense first. I'm still in class, but I won't lie that I may have stepped out for 5 minutes to scream :D

hahhaha! I'm at work and completely stopped everything I was doing and called my mom!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview as well! January 10th!!

Reactions: 2 users
I got one too!!! Totally freaked out in Biochem lecture. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe I'll see you there @alohacat319 ! Interview at 3:00pm on the 10th :)

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone who has heard today!! Do they send out one big batch for OOS interviews or are there multiple?

I applied and didn't hear anything today. Will they email rejections?

Yeah I'm in the same boat but I assume they send out rejections after they get all RSVPs for the interview invites.
Actually they will probably send out rejections soon (within a few days or two). There will also be people that don't get either emails. If this is the case, you will be on an unofficial waitlist (again, you won't be emailed about it), and that's when you will find out after the deadline for RSVPs, which is sometime in early December. You will either get an invitation for an interview or get rejected.

Actually they will probably send out rejections soon (within a few days or two). There will also be people that don't get either emails. If this is the case, you will be on an unofficial waitlist (again, you won't be emailed about it), and that's when you will find out after the deadline for RSVPs, which is sometime in early December. You will either get an invitation for an interview or get rejected.

Cool! Thanks for clarifying

Decisions are due Dec 2nd for interviews. Just so those on the wait list know

For current students- which airport is generally cheapest/best to fly into?

Dang, I didn't get one. I wonder if they are still sending out invites

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking this today: do you get to shake their hands, or do they expect you to just sit down? I am so awkward with intoductions that decide the fate of my life.

I was thinking this today: do you get to shake their hands, or do they expect you to just sit down? I am so awkward with intoductions that decide the fate of my life.

Shake their hands.

STL all the way (not just because of my name, but bc of the cheaper prices!)

Congrats all! If you have any questions feel free to ask! The offer still stands if anyone wants to avoid hotel costs, you are more than welcome to stay at my house :).

One of the best parts about this whole vet school interview thing is getting to travel ☺️

Cheapest is normally STL but closest is Columbia. Depends on where you're flying from for Columbia because they're smaller.

Dang, I didn't get one. I wonder if they are still sending out invites
It's almost always a one time mailing, so unfortunately at this point you are probably either 1) rejected or 2) on the unofficial waitlist.

Am I the only one who chose Jan 2nd? lol

yay so exited first interview invite!:soexcited: I cant believe I just saw this email! I need to check my spam folder more often :p
Good luck everyone!

I'm interested to know. Everyone who has been offered an interview invite what are your stats? Like GPA/GRE

How bad is traffic from Mizzou to Kansas City airport on Sat or Sun?
Is there usually lot less traffic to STL?
If I leave the campus around 2pm, does it usually take more than 3 hrs to get to Kansas city airport?
Neither is usually bad unless there is an accident, or if there is some type of construction going on with the roads. It shouldn't take more than 3 hours, but if you got an accident + construction, it theoretically could be...

Question- now that some of us were invited for interviews, does that mean Mizzou will only determine our decision based on non-academic work and the interview? Or will they still go over grades and GRE when determining our final decisions?

Question- now that some of us were invited for interviews, does that mean Mizzou will only determine our decision based on non-academic work and the interview? Or will they still go over grades and GRE when determining our final decisions?
It's a total score which is determined partly by interview, partly by course work, partly by experience (aka whole package).

I chose the third. Flying on Jan 1 sounded like :arghh:

Same! I really wanted to interview the 8th/9th but Texas traditionally interviews that weekend and that's my in-state so I didn't want to take any chances in case I get an interview at A&M!

Same! I really wanted to interview the 8th/9th but Texas traditionally interviews that weekend and that's my in-state so I didn't want to take any chances in case I get an interview at A&M!
That was kinda my logic too! I figured that the weekend of the 2rd/3rd would be less likely to interfere with other potential offers that I don't have yet :p Mainly thinking of the schools that do lots of weekends all through Jan and Feb.

OOS in New Jersey, GPA 3.7, GRE 157Q, 162V, and 5.5W.

That was kinda my logic too! I figured that the weekend of the 2rd/3rd would be less likely to interfere with other potential offers that I don't have yet :p Mainly thinking of the schools that do lots of weekends all through Jan and Feb.

I know, plane tix were way more $$$ right after New Year's, so hopefully this pays off for us!!

GPA 3.96 | GRE 163V/170Q/5W

Heyyyy, can I maybe crash with anyone for a night? I'm trying to save on travel costs :) my interview is on the 10th! Flying in on the 9th!

Anyone else interviewing on the 9th???

Booked for the 3rd! I will be there with my fiance; hope to meet some of you guys!

This all barely feels real. I know my grades are good, but I am a transfer student that did two years at a dinky community college, and I was afraid schools wouldnt even look at me because of it. I poured over these forums 3 years ago, trying to decide if I should even try. I know it's just an interview, but still--very excited, and very grateful, here.

Booked for the 3rd! I will be there with my fiance; hope to meet some of you guys!

This all barely feels real. I know my grades are good, but I am a transfer student that did two years at a dinky community college, and I was afraid schools wouldnt even look at me because of it. I poured over these forums 3 years ago, trying to decide if I should even try. I know it's just an interview, but still--very excited, and very grateful, here.

Good luck!

I counted all of the spots available on the sign up list from the 2, 3, 9, and 10 and there are 150!

I counted all of the spots available on the sign up list from the 2, 3, 9, and 10 and there are 150!

I think it was more like 250 to start and people have signed up for all of them. From 8-12 there were 8 slots an hour, and then from 1 to 5 there were 8 slots an hour, so that makes 64 people a day. With 4 interview days, about 256 slots total.

Just wanted to pop in and say congrats to all who received invites!! Very excited for you all! Now to run away back into clinics...

I think it was more like 250 to start and people have signed up for all of them. From 8-12 there were 8 slots an hour, and then from 1 to 5 there were 8 slots an hour, so that makes 64 people a day. With 4 interview days, about 256 slots total.

Maybe I miss counted!