University of Missouri CVM c/o 2020 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2 hours? I thought the email said 1.5 hours, so I planned on a 1:30 tour for a 3:15 interview...
It's really about how many questions are asked. If someone is asking no questions, I can probably do the tour in an hour. The most recent tour I gave was 2 hours simply bc people were asking questions the whole time, which is great! We love answering questions, just makes the tour longer :)

Members don't see this ad.

2 hours? I thought the email said 1.5 hours, so I planned on a 1:30 tour for a 3:15 interview...
But you'll miss the fun student panel :p

You could always do the tour afterward your interview or before lunch if you are worried about time (if you were planning on going to lunch that is!)

It's really about how many questions are asked. If someone is asking no questions, I can probably do the tour in an hour. The most recent tour I gave was 2 hours simply bc people were asking questions the whole time, which is great! We love answering questions, just makes the tour longer :)
It also depends on the person giving the tour. You'll learn to answer while walking young grasshopper :p

Seriously though, everyone is different depending on tour style/questions- I average about 50 minute tours (I almost never get questions), and then there's Doug (our student recruiter who's head of the ambassador's) who averages 3 hour tours :p

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Yea the average is 1.5hrs, but 30 extra minutes is not uncommon. Like I said, if the tour guide has a group with many questions the tour can go longer. We as guides usually ask if anyone has an interview soon before we begin the tour so that we can stay on a timeline. Honestly, I would plan on 2 hours to be safe but that's just me!

100% agree.. My tours tend to stop for question and answer sessions. I feel like the students and families don't feel rushed and appreciate the transparency of being able to ask questions in a relaxed environment.

I should also add that those of us in clinics tend to spend more time in the hospital on tours Bc we are more familiar with how being in clinics works and how the clinical curriculum is laid out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Is it possible to tour after with a 3:15 interview?

Do they leave every hour in the morning and afternoon? Can I bring my dog? (Kidding... :p) Thanks to everyone answering the last minute questions! I wish everyone luck tomorrow!:D

Also, would you as tour guides be upset if I said "hey I'm sorry I have to duck out for my interview, can you point me in the right direction?" after an hour and a half or so?

Also, would you as tour guides be upset if I said "hey I'm sorry I have to duck out for my interview, can you point me in the right direction?" after an hour and a half or so?
You can definitely get a tour after your interview! Just mention to one of the ambassadors that you haven't toured yet before go into the room and they will make sure someone can show you around afterwards :)

No, none of them would be mad at all! There's several that have interviews at different times, and if you mention it they might even help you keep track of time.

Is it possible to tour after with a 3:15 interview?
I know at least one girl is still giving tours at that point tomorrow, so I would say most likely yes, but not 100% depending on how things go tomorrow. And I would not be upset in the slightest, that you are valuing your interview, which you are there for, over a tour of the school, which although important, doesn't help determine whether you will get in :p

Do they leave every hour in the morning and afternoon? Can I bring my dog? (Kidding... :p) Thanks to everyone answering the last minute questions! I wish everyone luck tomorrow!:D

Yea I'd say about every hour, just depends on when a tour guide is available. Hopefully there will be more ambassadors around tomorrow as the 1st and 2nd years are back in town to start class on Monday.

No we would not be upset at all!! I had this happen today because the guy wanted to sit down and relax before his interview. Its not a big deal.

They kind of go whenever there is a person looking for a tour and an ambassador available

Members don't see this ad :)
I did my interview yesterday and it went well! The interview itself was pretty casual in conversation and the 15 minutes went by fast! They mainly asked questions about my specific application. Make sure to go on a tour and to go to the lunch and question and answer panel, they were very informative! Everyone there is very nice and open to questions.

Reactions: 3 users
I hope everyone enjoyed their visit today and yesterday!

Reactions: 2 users
Is any part of the tour outdoors? I've noticed that it's going to be super cold when I come up so I want to dress accordingly!

Is any part of the tour outdoors? I've noticed that it's going to be super cold when I come up so I want to dress accordingly!

Only a quick walk across the parking lot between the vet school and the hospital, it is literally a 1 minute walk. Most people this weekend were fine walking over in the suit jackets and not a full winter coat

I had a great time, everyone relax! The school looks amazing, and I would be excited to come here if I get in! Thanks ambassadors!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you so much to the ambassadors and everyone who helped make me feel very welcome for my interview and tour yesterday! I enjoyed visiting and I am hoping to be accepted :)

By far one of my favorite interviews I've ever had!! Really loved the school, students, and faculty! Hoping for good news :) Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Reading all of this is making me more and more excited. Just wanted to double check, are guests allowed to come with? Obviously not to the interview, but on the tours etc?

Reading all of this is making me more and more excited. Just wanted to double check, are guests allowed to come with? Obviously not to the interview, but on the tours etc?
Of course! and they are more than welcome at the lunch as well!

Also, anyone who attends Missouri now, any particular restaurants you think we should REALLY go to or things we should definitely check out while we are there? I am getting in around noon the day before, so I will have some time to kill and explore.

Also, anyone who attends Missouri now, any particular restaurants you think we should REALLY go to or things we should definitely check out while we are there? I am getting in around noon the day before, so I will have some time to kill and explore.

Flat branch brewery or Broadway brewery downtown for dinner... Even if you don't like beer, the food is Awesome!! . Definitely should drive around Columbia and just get a peek at the town. If the weather isn't too cold I would go check out main campus because it is beautiful!!

Minor question--I got into my IS on Monday and cancelled my 1/10 interview at Missouri via email the same day. But I haven't heard back a confirmation that they received the cancellation. Is it my responsibility to keep emailing "hey did u get this..."? I would rather just avoid that awkward -"hi you had an interview scheduled and we waited but you didn't show".

*long time lurker* Starting to feel a wonderful mix of nervousness and excitement! Anyone in the same boat for the 2nd wave of interviews?

*long time lurker* Starting to feel a wonderful mix of nervousness and excitement! Anyone in the same boat for the 2nd wave of interviews?
I'll be there this Saturday. So nervous!

Minor question--I got into my IS on Monday and cancelled my 1/10 interview at Missouri via email the same day. But I haven't heard back a confirmation that they received the cancellation. Is it my responsibility to keep emailing "hey did u get this..."? I would rather just avoid that awkward -"hi you had an interview scheduled and we waited but you didn't show".
I would call as a courtesy. That way they aren't waiting for you to show up and you never do.

If you want some smaller, more casual lunch spots as well, my personal favorites are Pizza Tree, The Main Squeeze, and International Cafe. 44 Canteen is a good dinner spot. And if you have time for drinks, a couple of my favorite bars that are more fun than just your typical bar scene are The Social Room, Shotsbar, and The Penguin (which is a dueling piano bar).

Our downtown is really cute and full of little boutique shops and secondhand bookstores :) Definitely worth wandering around!

Reactions: 1 users
So exited! leaving tomorrow but interviewing Saturday :) good luck everyone!

Does anyone know if there are tours tomorrow? My flight gets in early afternoon and I have to leave fairly soon on Saturday and don't want to be rushing off to the airport :p

Does anyone know if there are tours tomorrow? My flight gets in early afternoon and I have to leave fairly soon on Saturday and don't want to be rushing off to the airport :p
Of course! What time do you get in? I can give you a tour anytime between 1 and 4 pm if that works for you? (there are no prescheduled ones, but ambassadors always love to give tours! :p)

Of course! What time do you get in? I can give you a tour anytime between 1 and 4 pm if that works for you? (there are no prescheduled ones, but ambassadors always love to give tours! :p)

Really?! That'd be amazing! I arrive in Columbia at 1:45 and am staying pretty close to the university.

9:45am! I'll be sticking around though so maybe I'll get to see you around! What's your name?
yeah awesome, lets meet up if you are around! sending you pm.

Hey does anyone know if there is space to put your personal belongings while you interview? (Coat/bag etc).

Hey does anyone know if there is space to put your personal belongings while you interview? (Coat/bag etc).

There is a coat rack, but not a great place for bags. Most people had small items/bags that they carried with them.

I might be at the lunch today! I'm already at the school but in normal people clothes not the ambassador polo (yet). I also work Sunday afternoon if anything will be here then!

I just left Mizzou and it went great! Interview went well! I had very nice people. I made them laugh and made one cry (because I brought something specific up-nothing mean!) overall great school. the support and the community feel is amazing! We should be hearing by Feb. 1st the latest!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I just left Mizzou and it went great! Interview went well! I had very nice people. I made them laugh and made one cry (because I brought something specific up-nothing mean!) overall great school. the support and the community feel is amazing! We should be hearing by Feb. 1st the latest!!!

We are a pretty snazzy community ;). I'm glad to here such positive feedback!

We are a pretty snazzy community ;). I'm glad to here such positive feedback!
If accepted I'm going with Mizzou! Just an awesome school!!! Praying for an acceptance!

Got in earlier today.... Gotta say, I'm impressed. Very excited for tomorrow!

Man, I'm so jealous of you OOSers' application timeline. :p We've still got probably about a month until we even hear about our interviews.

Glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the school, though. Good luck to all of you! ;)

Man, I'm so jealous of you OOSers' application timeline. :p We've still got probably about a month until we even hear about our interviews.

Glad to hear that everyone enjoyed the school, though. Good luck to all of you! ;)

For an Arizona girl though-- man I didn't know this kind of cold (18F) even existed!! I'm sure other people from colder areas think this is just fine though! Haha