University of New England (UNE) 2011-2012 applicants.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck tomorrow. It will be a mixture of freezing rain and snow, but at least it won't be too cold (30-40s). I saw a couple people walking around checking out the school today. Whoever you are, we noticed you but didn't want to freak you out by saying hi when you were spying lol. Have fun tomorrow. You'll do great.

It wasn't all that cold, the rain was annoying though. Interview was ok, writing not too bad, kinda tricky, but doable. Love the school grounds and facilities, it's so quaint & charming! Hope to hear good news! :)

Members don't see this ad.

It wasn't all that cold, the rain was annoying though. Interview was ok, writing not too bad, kinda tricky, but doable. Love the school grounds and facilities, it's so quaint & charming! Hope to hear good news! :)
Yeah we just got a little storm right before you guys came for the interview. Now is getting warmer in the higher 30s & 40s :) (for this week at least). Quaint? Yeah, it's good way to say that it looks old, since the library, COP, the new dental school and some more buildings in campus are all historic buildings. However, our COP is all new inside. The writing has a really small portion in the overall interview. It was little weird that they had 2 sections, yet not many people showed up. How big was your section?. Maybe UNE is losing its attractiveness. Plus it was a rainy day, so we were all a bit crumpy and unfriendly. Good luck.

Now that you guys are done with the interview, I think I would give you my take on UNE so people who got accepted to multiple schools can decide where to go, since UNE asks for an unrefundable $2000 for the deposit (This and I think SOPA's going to shut down this site soon, and that case you can message me via Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/329782187032202/ ) if you have any questions about things going on at UNE). They do ask us to say positive things about UNE and not to say any negative things about other schools,while doing the tour; but we didn't get picked, we volunteered for the tour. Things I like about UNE: Ann Marie knows my name after seeing me 2 times in the office (kidda scary though), everybody is friendly (P3,P2 and P1hang out together), funny and caring teachers (we have quite many of them), research opportunity, 160 hour Summer IPPEs (not during school year) and you can go back to your state to do IPPEs and APPE. Rotation sites in Thailand (costs you $5000 extra), Ghana (HIV clinic), and a strictly CAM pharmacy (These sites are competitive in your 4th year, so they will do lottery). No accreditation (weird, but since they are not accredited, they care about the curriculum and how the students are doing. I know some of the well established schools don't give a damn about these things). Cafeteria (I like the deal not so much the food, but $4.75 for a buffet with food salad bar, drinks, ice cream and cookies is pretty sweet. I gained 15 pounds after 1 semester, so I guess it's not really healthy.)
Things I don't like about UNE: NOT ACCREDITED (it's a big risk, but they do have an established medical school and other majors). Housing (dorm will cost you around $6000 per semester), there are housing around campus with walking distance, but it's very limited. If you are not from CA, GET AN APT WITH HEAT INCLUDED in the rent, b/c heat can cost you A LOT during Winter. Bus is not reliable here in Portland, though the school gives us free rides. It took the bus 40 mins to go 3 miles from my apt to the airport not to mention the wait time. Every semester we seem to have one teacher, who takes pride in torturing us (no jokes, we hit 2 for 2 already). Driving in the salted snow is a mess (hence, get housing close to campus so you can walk). parking is also a mess, even if you pay for the permit.
I got accepted to Regis, Hilo and UNE but decided to go to UNE afterall. I didn't like Regis for their weirdness during the interview (bad experience and people were so competitive) and just the fact that the Dean quit and noone wanted to step up to be Dean for the school last year (they had an interim Dean) last year. I like the idea of living in Hawaii for 4 years a lot, but after seeing the COP with trailer-classrooms (they won't have a COP building till 2015, so students study in boxes. I guess that's why their faculties flied to Vegas or CA to conduct the interviews), I was bumped out. For me it's not worth it to pay $34K a year. I didn't apply to any schools in CA, since I knew that I wouldn't get in; and I think schools in CA are overrated and the overall cost is just too expensive for a very bad job market after graduation.
Good luck with everything you do and everywhere you choose to go. You will be pharmacist in 4 years no matter what. I'll probably be less active here, since our workload for this semester just kicked in yesterday.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah we just got a little storm right before you guys came for the interview. Now is getting warmer in the higher 30s & 40s :) (for this week at least). Quaint? Yeah, it's good way to say that it looks old, since the library, COP, the new dental school and some more buildings in campus are all historic buildings. However, our COP is all new inside. The writing has a really small portion in the overall interview. It was little weird that they had 2 sections, yet not many people showed up. How big was your section?. Maybe UNE is losing its attractiveness. Plus it was a rainy day, so we were all a bit crumpy and unfriendly. Good luck.

I'm into the old new England style charm lol. My section was small, I had the morning 8-1 and there was like only 20 people. A lot of them had acceptances elsewhere and more interviews, but came to see what une was about. The rain was ok, not too bad.

Now that you guys are done with the interview, I think I would give you my take on UNE so people who got accepted to multiple schools can decide where to go, since UNE asks for an unrefundable $2000 for the deposit (This and I think SOPA's going to shut down this site soon, and that case you can message me via Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/329782187032202/ ) if you have any questions about things going on at UNE). They do ask us to say positive things about UNE and not to say any negative things about other schools,while doing the tour; but we didn't get picked, we volunteered for the tour. Things I like about UNE: Ann Marie knows my name after seeing me 2 times in the office (kidda scary though), everybody is friendly (P3,P2 and P1hang out together), funny and caring teachers (we have quite many of them), research opportunity, 160 hour Summer IPPEs (not during school year) and you can go back to your state to do IPPEs and APPE. Rotation sites in Thailand (costs you $5000 extra), Ghana (HIV clinic), and a strictly CAM pharmacy (These sites are competitive in your 4th year, so they will do lottery). No accreditation (weird, but since they are not accredited, they care about the
curriculum and how the students are doing. I know some of the well established schools don't give a damn about these things). Cafeteria (I like the deal not so much the food, but $4.75 for a buffet with food salad bar, drinks, ice cream and cookies is pretty sweet. I gained 15 pounds after 1 semester, so I guess it's not really healthy.)
Things I don't like about UNE: Housing (dorm will cost you around $6000 per semester), there are housing around campus with walking distance, but it's very limited. If you are not from CA, GET AN APT WITH HEAT INCLUDED in the rent, b/c heat can cost you A LOT during Winter. Bus is not reliable here in Portland, though the school gives us free rides. It took the bus 40 mins to go 3 miles from my apt to the airport not to mention the wait time. Every semester we seem to have one teacher, who takes pride in torturing us (no jokes, we hit 2 for 2 already). Driving in the salted snow is a mess (hence, get housing close to campus so you can walk). parking is also a mess, even if you pay for the permit.
I got accepted to Regis, Hilo and UNE but decided to go to UNE afterall. I didn't like Regis for their weirdness during the interview (bad experience and people were so competitive) and just the fact that the Dean quit and noone wanted to step up to be Dean for the school last year (they had an interim Dean) last year. I like the idea of living in Hawaii for 4 years a lot, but after seeing the COP with trailer-classrooms (they won't have a COP building till 2015, so students study in boxes. I guess that's why their faculties flied to Vegas or CA to conduct the interviews), I was bumped out. For me it's not worth it to pay $34K a year. I didn't apply to any schools in CA, since I knew that I wouldn't get in; and I think schools in CA are overrated and the overall cost is just too expensive for a very bad job market after graduation.
Good luck with everything you do and everywhere you choose to go. You will be pharmacist in 4 years no matter what. I'll probably be less active here, since our workload for this semester just kicked in yesterday.

Ah I see a P1 there said the same things and s from CA. I agree with a lot if the things you've said. I still waiting on other schools and I will probably make a list of which schools I like the best and what each is better at offering.

i was invited to the 1/17 interview flying out of florida.. not sure what to expect but excited though!!! :love:

I got back from the interview this past weekend, don't expect it to be warm that's for sure lol. Yes that excitement is good! I was excited too so it took the edge off, and t helped to be chatty with people before because it's nice to see where everyone is from and stuff and kinda get relaxed. It's a 1/2 day thing so which ever session u have (8-1,12-430) it's basically a welcome, orientation/introduction to the school and program, then either the interview or writing sample depending on your group and a tour inside and outside the COP. The morning group was kinda small(~22) a lot were from the pre-pharm program the afternoon group looked bigger but I'm assuming it is around ~25 ppl too

Interview is a really like a convo. I had the dean and some other guy I can't remember his name but I remember where his office is lol. Open file interview. No grades though :oops: The writing sample is a scenario so u read, delegate with a group, then answer to the best of your abilities. I thought it was tricky, but idk.
FYI: it was first time on the east coast so it was fun mini vaca, a group of us after the interview went to eat lunch after too (yummy lobster!) and it was nice.
Just be confident and know how to talk, & know yourself. don't be too shy , but also don't come off as a know-it-all either. I'm hoping my interview went well, I'm still waiting for "the letter".
Good luck, it's really not bad at all.
Is this your first interview?

[QUOTE=SouCal10;12062571 Every semester we seem to have one teacher, who takes pride in torturing us (no jokes, we hit 2 for 2 already).

Which two professors are you talking about? I only know of one :laugh:

The decision was out this late afternoon. It seems Isaac sent out the acceptance emails around 5pm before he left for the day. Good luck.
Just out of curiosity, Was the interview bad/stressful? Because last year we were very relaxed. They weren't drilling us many typical questions, just asking about more personal questions to see if we would fit in. However, the decision was quickly made, and it seems like this year they take more time making their decision. Not sure if having 20 plus students from CA for our class has anything to do with it. If you are waitlisted, don't stress out too much about it because they pulled many people at the end last year,

Last edited:
The decision was out this late afternoon. It seems Isaac sent out the acceptance emails around 5pm before he left for the day. Good luck.
Just out of curiosity, Was the interview bad/stressful? Because last year we were very relaxed. They weren't drilling us many typical questions, just asking about more personal questions to see if we would fit in. However, the decision was quickly made, and it seems like this year they take more time making their decision. Not sure if having 20 plus students from CA for our class has anything to do with it. If you are waitlisted, don't stress out too much about it because they pulled many people at the end last year,

Had interview 1/27, just got acceptance yesterday.
My interview was very relaxed and conversational, like you said, more personal questions, not the typical drill. They fed us twice which was awesome. :D - Haven't decided if I will accept or not yet, UNE is the most expensive school I applied to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, if you haven't completed all the pre-req for UNE, when do we have to complete by?
most schools are like july 1.
How about UNE? anyone knows?
I did an interview today at UNE and i really liked it!
How about others?

If I remember from last year... all pre-reqs should be completed by orientation. I could be wrong.

Just interviewed there myself last Friday. Thought the interview went very well, and was definitely very relaxed and comfortable. I got a really good feeling from the school, and felt like it was a great fit for me. Looking forward to hearing back about acceptance in two weeks, fingers crossed!

yeah UNE looked awesome.
I went to two interviews before Albany Colchester and Presbyterian (SC)
and UNE is my first choice now
I hope i can get in!!!
for those accepted, mind sharing stats?

did anyone receive anything from 2/17 interview??!!

The next interview cycle is this coming Friday. You should hear back from UNE by the end of Thursday I believe. Good luck.
We have Winter Storm Warning tonight to late Thursday. Hopefully Friday wouldn't be too bad. There will be hell cold with snow/ice, so be prepared.

Last edited:
I guess our result (from people who interviewed on feb. 17) is going to come out either tomorrow or thursday.
Im super nervous.
i literally can't do anything right now except checking emails..
arggghhghghgh
did any people from previous interview cycle who got accepted declined a spot??

I guess our result (from people who interviewed on feb. 17) is going to come out either tomorrow or thursday.
Im super nervous.
i literally can't do anything right now except checking emails..
arggghhghghgh
did any people from previous interview cycle who got accepted declined a spot??

I found out on a Friday exactly 2 weeks after the interview. Issac is really good with sending them out all at once. No worries you'll be fine. I haven't heard of any rejections fom my cycle, or idk. Good luck and :xf:

I just got rejected :(
I'm sorry to hear that. I got put on the wait list when I had my interview. The school seems so nice and I love the area, would probably have been my first choice too.

I got accepted, wahoooooO!!!!!

My stats:
94% comp PCAT
2.69 overall PharmCAS GPA
2.67 science PharmCAS GPA
B.S. in Biology
~8 years experience as a pharmacy technician

I don't remember if UNE calculates their own GPA or not though. My overall is very low from my really crappy undergrad stuff several years ago. Retook prereqs over the last 2 years and have a 4.0 in those.

There are 100 more applicants compared to last year of 800, and more people were offered interviewed so it's harder to get in. Don't lose hope, because there will be many people dropping out towards the end. UNECOM just got recognized to be in the top tier for primacy care again this year, and UNECOP is trying to follow the tradition. I just hope it would not be too brutal for the upcoming cycles.
Oh man it's still snowing hard. With this kind of weather many flights will be canceled/ delayed. Hope everyone makes it her safely.

Last edited:
I am accepted from the wait-list. I assumed I will not hear back from UNE until late May or early June. Anybody got pulled from the wait-list?

I am accepted from the wait-list. I assumed I will not hear back from UNE until late May or early June. Anybody got pulled from the wait-list?

Yeah I was just taken off the waitlist as well, I assumed May or early June as well since that was what I was told. So my priorities switched away from the school so I am lost.

It's probably because they put too many people on waitlist for the previous interview cycles. There are only 2 more interviews for COP2016, so they want to make sure people are serious about going to UNE, instead of dropping out at the end. Congrats btw.

Have you enjoyed your time at UNECOP? Would you recommend it?

I can't say that I enjoy pharmacy school in general with tests, quizzes, and projects alternating every week, But I like UNE so far (I did give you Hilo and Regis for UNE after all). If you read back to the top of the page where I gave out my pros and cons about UNE.

yeah UNE looked awesome.
I went to two interviews before Albany Colchester and Presbyterian (SC)
and UNE is my first choice now
I hope i can get in!!!
for those accepted, mind sharing stats?

Hey =) I think I remember you, the one who still had Albany college of pharmacy interview left and you had the horrendous interview experience at Husson right?

I got accepted! I already paid my seat reservation and planning on attending.

Such a relief
94% composite PCAT
< 3.00 GPA
3 years pharm tech experience
No B.S. but have taken all the prerequisites

Last edited:
I got pulled from the wait list too last week (interviewed in December), but decided not to attend UNE. Good luck to you all!

Pulled off of the waitlist as well from the December interview, but have declined my spot. Good luck to the c/o 2016 :)

I got pulled from the wait list too last week (interviewed in December), but decided not to attend UNE. Good luck to you all!
where you gonna be attending now

Declining my spot today- got into choice #1 after a long wait. Hopefully that pulls one of you off the waitlist. GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!

Declining my spot today- got into choice #1 after a long wait. Hopefully that pulls one of you off the waitlist. GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!
looks like you got accepted into a lot of schools awesome! Just curious which school you decided on. And also when you got accepted to UNE which interview date were you in?

I also am declining my acceptance to attend Shenandoah University instead. Good luck to all who choose to attend UNE!

Hey everyone, UNE tuition will be $33,820 for 2012-2013, so if tuition is one of your concerns, you should take a second look.

Last edited:
And also when you got accepted to UNE which interview date were you in?

I had the Jan 27 interview date at UNE. UNE was fine - nothing concerned me; everyone was very friendly - i'm just going to a school closer to home.

I'll see you all at Midyear in Dec 2015.:) Good luck!

hi, anybody here get and interview invite for the last date...April 20th?

Hi everyone
I am schedule for april 20th interview. Can someone give me a hint since is the last session. Does anyone know the size of each section. i am schedule for the 11am to 4.30pm.Please help me out guys i do not know if i have a chance to get in. UNE is my first choice.
Thanks.

Hi everyone
I am schedule for april 20th interview. Can someone give me a hint since is the last session. Does anyone know the size of each section. i am schedule for the 11am to 4.30pm.Please help me out guys i do not know if i have a chance to get in. UNE is my first choice.
Thanks.

I read through this whole thread which i suggest you do too..seems like 25-50 ppl is the size of the section. Looking at last years thread we do have a chance of getting in because they didn't fill the seats yet and many ppl opt out before the second deposit is due bcuz they got into their first choice school. I even checked facebook group to see how many joined which is a good estimate on how many ppl definitely decided to attend so far and there are 47 members. The class size is supposed to be 100.