University of New England (UNECOM) Discussion 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How soon after being accepted off the waitlist do you have to pay a deposit and how much is it? Thanks!
500 dollars by 14 days after the letter. 1500 dollars by 60 days after the letter. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Delete

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So, for everyone accepted, wait listed, or otherwise, how long after your interview did you all need to wait to hear back from UNE? I have heard that you will know about a week after you interview, I have also heard it could take up to a month. Could we get a few people to weigh in on this? Also, just to dispel rumors, the admissions office says they are still offering direct acceptances at this point, so anyone who interviewed late do not worry too much, you aren't necessarily doomed to the wait list yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, for everyone accepted, wait listed, or otherwise, how long after your interview did you all need to wait to hear back from UNE? I have heard that you will know about a week after you interview, I have also heard it could take up to a month. Could we get a few people to weigh in on this? Also, just to dispel rumors, the admissions office says they are still offering direct acceptances at this point, so anyone who interviewed late do not worry too much, you aren't necessarily doomed to the wait list yet.
2 weeks for me. II in November

Found out in 2 weeks.

When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?

Waitlisted today!! :) 2.5 weeks after my interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

what a great impression this school left! great student body and great faculty. hoping for an acceptance although looks like i gotta hope for a waitlist spot first which will hopefully turn into an acceptance spot...here's to waiting another lifetime.

Reactions: 2 users
Long time lurker dropping by as an UNECOM Class of 2020! :) Interviewed 11/17, Accepted 12/8!

Does anyone know if the UNE waitlist is rolling? I know it is ranked

Did people receive acceptances by email or snail mail?

Did people receive acceptances by email or snail mail?
They email you with the letter that they send in the mail. Received the email before it came in the snail mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone,

I am a current 1st year student. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns and I'll try to help you guys out as much as I can!

The official answer to your question is that applicants generally get notified within 4 weeks of their interview date, sometimes sooner. If anyone is anxious and wondering about the status of their status feel free to call the admissions office about it. They welcome all inquiries!! Hope that helps!

There is no Facebook Page for UNECOM class of 2020?

Just wanted to drop in and say that today is officially one year since my UNECOM interview! I applied very late, interviewed 3/5, waitlisted 4/1, accepted 5/29. There's definitely still hope for WL or late applicants: keep admissions updated and don't be afraid to set up a backup plan or get ready to apply again. Ironically, the day I got ready to reapply was the day I opened my acceptance email! UNECOM is an amazing school that truly prepares you to be a compassionate and exceptional physician, definitely worth the wait :) Feel free to PM any questions, good luck to you all!!

Reactions: 3 users
Any Waitlists or acceptances recently?

Reactions: 1 users
Any Waitlists or acceptances recently?

I got off the wailist on Friday! Interviewed Feb 3, wailisted two weeks after. Stats - 3.91 cGPA, 30 MCAT, Canadian

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewing here 3/22 but I pretty sure its for the WL and also the last interview

Question, has anyone gotten an outright acceptance after interviewing the past few months? Or are they all waitlists?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hi everyone. I have an interview on March 22nd. Is there anything I should bring to the interview? Like resumes, transcripts etc.

Hi everyone. I have an interview on March 22nd. Is there anything I should bring to the interview? Like resumes, transcripts etc.

Hey! Don't bother with a resume or transcripts. It's an open interview so they literally have everything about you open on a computer when you go!! Just bring your smile and your friendly personality, relax and enjoy the beach views! GOOD LUCK!!!!!! :)

Anyone from the 3/1 interview receive any news?! Anxious to hear!!!

Anyone from the 3/1 interview receive any news?! Anxious to hear!!!

I interviewed 2/23 and haven't heard anything. They told us 4 weeks, so hopefully I'll hear this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepted off waitlist on 3/21 ! Interviewed on 2/4

Reactions: 3 users
interviewed 3/22 and loved the school! i know it's probably for the waitlist but i hope to get off it soon if so!!

If people are getting in off the waitlist that interviewed and were waitlisted after me (waitlisted in december) - should I assume I have been passed over? Or probably just ranked lower down on the waitlist?

Anyone know when the last day for interviews are?

I interviewed 2/23 and haven't heard anything. They told us 4 weeks, so hopefully I'll hear this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I interviewed in late Feb as well.. still no word. Has anyone received news yet?

Still no word. Heard from the two schools I interviewed afterwards but still nothing from here :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

getting nervous. interviewed 3/1 and no word. im assuming that's bad news. if I don't hear by friday i'll send an email because that'll be over 4 weeks and I have other decisions to make. good luck everyone!!! positive thoughts!!

just kidding, sent out an email just now. was told that if it's gettig close to 4 weeks to just email and they'll be happy to provide an update. ill post here the response I get when it's sent!

too anxious to wait all week :p

just kidding, sent out an email just now. was told that if it's gettig close to 4 weeks to just email and they'll be happy to provide an update. ill post here the response I get when it's sent!

too anxious to wait all week :p
let us know what they say!! Good Luck

Does anybody know where I can find the most up to date residency match list? Have they released that information yet? Thanks!

I interviewed 2/23, I just got my decision email and I was waitlisted.

Does anybody know where I can find the most up to date residency match list? Have they released that information yet? Thanks!

I don't think it's available. I know most MD schools lists have come out but I don't think many DO schools have released lists yet.

My waitlist email makes it sound as though they're not currently accepting people. It says "we've transitioned to our waitlist period for Fall 2016".

Just got my decision email. waitlisted, which i expected reading this forum. basically said they have transitioned to the wait list period for 2016 so they are offering me a seat on the wait list. you have to email within 2 weeks to accept wait list spot. it does say that if offerred a spot on waitlist they consider you a qualified candidate and they will try to notify people by mid-july and latest date is august 8th. bummed out, but at least I can make other plans now! good luck everyone :)

My waitlist email makes it sound as though they're not currently accepting people. It says "we've transitioned to our waitlist period for Fall 2016".
They have been saying that for a few months now (basically the spring) - generally means that applicants are waitlisted and then eventually let in - haven't seen any direct acceptances since December

Interviewed 3/2

Just got waitlist email. Say they've transitioned to waitlist period. Wish I could have interviewed sooner