University of New England (UNECOM) Discussion 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone. If you never received a complete email definitely call an admissions counselor and let them know. I did this recently and was given an II that same day. Don't know if this is a coincidence but thought I'd just let you know!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing when you sent your secondary in?

Members don't see this ad.

When does the interview wrap up? Trying to book flights.

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED! Interviewed on the 22nd of October. Was not expecting this fast of a turn around

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED! Interviewed on the 22nd of October. Was not expecting this fast of a turn around

Congrats!! I'm interviewing in a little over a week so I'm hoping to say the same in a few weeks!

Same here! Acccepted, had the same interview date, and am also very impressed with the fast turn around!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Interviewed at the end of October.

Quick question, how important do you guys think it is to send thank you emails after the interview. I didn't really send them to this one or any of my other interviewers because I didn't feel like it was necessary.

Quick question, how important do you guys think it is to send thank you emails after the interview. I didn't really send them to this one or any of my other interviewers because I didn't feel like it was necessary.

I didn't send one and was accepted today.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't send one and was accepted today.

Thanks, yeah thought so. Some people were making it sound like a make it or break it kinda thing. It seemed silly to me a school would decide to not take me over just a thank you email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone. If you never received a complete email definitely call an admissions counselor and let them know. I did this recently and was given an II that same day. Don't know if this is a coincidence but thought I'd just let you know!
I wish that was my experience. I don't know if they just don't know me or what. They gave me the "we're looking over about 2000 apps" line. I think they don't expect me to know they pull people out of line if they like them and don't really go in order of date they were complete. *sigh*

I wish that was my experience. I don't know if they just don't know me or what. They gave me the "we're looking over about 2000 apps" line. I think they don't expect me to know they pull people out of line if they like them and don't really go in order of date they were complete. *sigh*

I'm really sorry to hear your experience so far in the process hasn't been great. Did you interview on Oct 22nd too? I was wondering what kind of e-mail they send if it isn't a congratulations one. Wonder if they send rejection ones after 3-5 weeks too... I am going crazy waiting to hear back.

I'm really sorry to hear your experience so far in the process hasn't been great. Did you interview on Oct 22nd too? I was wondering what kind of e-mail they send if it isn't a congratulations one. Wonder if they send rejection ones after 3-5 weeks too... I am going crazy waiting to hear back.
No, I wish. I haven't even gotten an II yet.

Accepted! Got the email an hour ago. Interviewed 10/27

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!!!! 10/28 interview :)

Reactions: 4 users
What was the format of the interview?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats guys! Im interviewing on Thursday :D Super excited!

What was the format of the interview?
It has been asked and answered a few times within both this thread and the ones from previous years and hasn't changed for the most part. You will sit through a power point where they will tell you about the school. Then you will either go for a tour of the campus or go into your interview. While you wait for your interview, you can talk to your tour guides or any of the students that stop buy just to help and hang out. Everyone is very friendly and willing to answer any questions you have. The interview is with one faculty member and one current second year student. Both people interviewing you have your application and all the information that you provided. Depending on who you interview with it will be very conversational or question and answer type. Either way they will not grill you. They are looking to see if you fit with the community and if you will be a good addition to their school. They already invited you based on your statistics, now they want to see your personality. My interview was a little weird. The professor told me that she likes to see people with no expectations, so she did not even look at my application before the interview. This resulted in her asking many questions that were answered directly in my application. Others have said their interview was mostly elaborating on things that were in their application. So know what you wrote and why you wrote it. Finally, most people I talked to said that they asked about how you blow off steam when things get stressful and if you have a support system. The acceptance rate is fairly high if you get an interview, so relax and just try not to be an dingus to anyone and you should be fine. They really stress community and teamwork. If you are looking for a cutthroat environment where you will fight for top spot, you may want to look elsewhere.

It has been asked and answered a few times within both this thread and the ones from previous years and hasn't changed for the most part. You will sit through a power point where they will tell you about the school. Then you will either go for a tour of the campus or go into your interview. While you wait for your interview, you can talk to your tour guides or any of the students that stop buy just to help and hang out. Everyone is very friendly and willing to answer any questions you have. The interview is with one faculty member and one current second year student. Both people interviewing you have your application and all the information that you provided. Depending on who you interview with it will be very conversational or question and answer type. Either way they will not grill you. They are looking to see if you fit with the community and if you will be a good addition to their school. They already invited you based on your statistics, now they want to see your personality. My interview was a little weird. The professor told me that she likes to see people with no expectations, so she did not even look at my application before the interview. This resulted in her asking many questions that were answered directly in my application. Others have said their interview was mostly elaborating on things that were in their application. So know what you wrote and why you wrote it. Finally, most people I talked to said that they asked about how you blow off steam when things get stressful and if you have a support system. The acceptance rate is fairly high if you get an interview, so relax and just try not to be an dingus to anyone and you should be fine. They really stress community and teamwork. If you are looking for a cutthroat environment where you will fight for top spot, you may want to look elsewhere.

This sounds great. I really hope I get the chance to interview here.

This is an accurate assessment and pretty similar to my experience. I enjoyed my interview experience at UNE the most out of my other interviews. Feel free to ask if you guys have any questions.
Interviewed mid-October
Accepted last week.

Omg you guys are freaking me out lol. I interviewed on the 10/29 and haven't heard back yet, has anyone from that day been accepted yet? Has anyone been rejected yet from post-interview at all? Or have there been silent rejections?

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how long the interview day last? I have a morning interview and I would like to fly back the same day.

Accepted! Interview on 10/06! I love that they gave us so much time to send in our decision. Best school ever!

Is there a Facebook group for the class of 2020?

Reactions: 2 users
I was complete in August. Does anyone know if they are still conducting interviews?

I was complete in August. Does anyone know if they are still conducting interviews?

They most definitely are. I have one Dec 1st. Keep waiting, I'm sure you will hear from them soon.

Interviewed in early November... haven't heard back yet either.

Anyone get a post-interview rejection here yet? I interviewed today and this wait is going to kill me! I feel like it went well but this is my top choice school and the thought of being rejected makes me want to barf.

OMG ACCEPTED!!!! Interviewed 10/29! So excited I could pop, good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
I literally just got it 5 minutes ago! I think I'm in shock lol.
I am so happy for you! UNECOM is a GREAT school! I interviewed on 11/12 so hopefully I'll hear back soon. Best of luck to you

I am so happy for you! UNECOM is a GREAT school! I interviewed on 11/12 so hopefully I'll hear back soon. Best of luck to you

Accepted too! Interviewed Nov 3rd. Hopefully you hear back really soon! The wait is not fun, but I bet it will be worthwhile

Ack now I'm even more nervous. I just looked through last years thread and it looks like almost everyone that interviewed in November last year was waitlisted! Praying that this year they haven't filled that many of their spots as early!!

Ack now I'm even more nervous. I just looked through last years thread and it looks like almost everyone that interviewed in November last year was waitlisted! Praying that this year they haven't filled that many of their spots as early!!

I saw that too. But I think that is because they had a big "Accepted Space Available (ASA)" list that basically guarantees some waitlisted people a spot in the next year's class. The 2013-2014 SDN thread had much more people being accepted from Nov. and Dec. interviews. Only time will tell though. I'm hoping for the best!

I saw that too. But I think that is because they had a big "Accepted Space Available (ASA)" list that basically guarantees some waitlisted people a spot in the next year's class. The 2013-2014 SDN thread had much more people being accepted from Nov. and Dec. interviews. Only time will tell though. I'm hoping for the best!

Do you mean an ASA list rolling over from the 2013-2014 cycle?